Star Wars Unit: Armored Assault Tank (AAT)

Chris85

Emperor
UPDATE: The download for this unit is now updated. I have made changes to the AAT by giving it an improved pallette and taking care of a few other minor tweaks. :)

The Trade Federation's workhorse unit the Armored Assault Tank a.k.a AAT is my latest work. I started on this unit last spring, but I just now got around to finishing it. The unit includes sounds and full civilopedia data so Enjoy! :)

NOTE: Unit works best with the "Ranged Attack Animation" flag turned on in the editor.

Civilopedia: Developed by the Baktoid Armor Workshop, the marriage of repulsorlift and heavy armor has resulted in a formidable hover tank known as the "Armored Assault Tank" which can be abbreviated as AAT. These assault tanks form the frontline of the Trade Federation's armored infantry divisions. The AAT requires a crew of four battle droids to operate: a commander, a pilot, and two gunners. The vehicle's maximum speed is clocked at 55 kilometers per hour.

The AAT's primary laser cannon has long-range destructive capability, and is bracketed by a pair of mounted secondary laser cannons. Contained in the forward edge of the tank's armored repulsorlift shroud are six energized projectile launchers capable of delivering specialized payloads. The tank contains three separate magazines from which to draw warheads: high-energy plasma shells, armor-piercing warheads, and high explosive "bunker busting" shells.

edit: New in game screenie:

DOWNLOAD UNIT HERE

first post!

looks cool - the ingame shot makes the unit look a bit fuzzy but I'm assuming that's down to the screen capture utility you used

unfortuanetly no, this is exactly how it looks. in other words - "this unit has palette problems"... it has no death anim too (icbmdeath.flc is included)

Gimme a break, I'm not exactly an expert with pallettes and it doesn't have a death animation, because I lack the patience to make one. :o

EDIT: I rechecked the unit palletes, I'm pretty positive most of the fuzziness on that image is from the high compression of the jpeg. :confused:

Here's an image on a lower compression level:

nope, the fuzziness is in-game, it's palette's fault. i can't understand why did you delete almost whole palette? you only left like 70 colors.

Looks awesome. :goodjob:
But aren't most palettes for units 256-bit? That may solve the problem... Not that I've made units before...:sad:

256-bit??? That's 256^32 = 1,1579208923731619542357098500869e+77 colors. Wow, do you have anything that can display that? :p

Civ3 units are 8-bit (256 colors), though the colours can be choosen from 24-bit svga palette. Adding just 32 more colors to the current 70 would made this unit smooth (I can help with it).

O sure! I know some guy who can hook you up with a super computer that can display up to a trillion bujillion zippy zillion bits! :p Sorry. I have no unit making expierience, so I wouldn't know.:((No, I know nobody with a super computer.)

P.S. zippy zillion???:confused:

Originally posted by Amenhotep7
O sure! I know some guy who can hook you up with a super computer that can display up to a trillion bujillion zippy zillion bits! :p Sorry. I have no unit making expierience, so I wouldn't know.:((No, I know nobody with a super computer.)

P.S. zippy zillion???:confused:

:lol:

I'm glad somebody found my joke funny. I dunno where zippy zillion came from...(still very confused). :confused:

Originally posted by embryodead
nope, the fuzziness is in-game, it's palette's fault. i can't understand why did you delete almost whole palette? you only left like 70 colors.
I get where you're coming from embryodead, the lack of colors takes somewhat of a toll on the detail of the unit. I may re-release this in the near future with a larger array of colors in the palette.

It's a good unit embryodead, and it's better than some of the units I've made for Civ3. Nice job Chris85. Is it okay if I pinch it for Clone Wars?

BTW - No one likes a flamer. If you don't want people flaming you about your units, then don't flame other people. It's not nice.

Originally posted by Pleb
It's a good unit embryodead, and it's better than some of the units I've made for Civ3. Nice job Chris85. Is it okay if I pinch it for Clone Wars?

BTW - No one likes a flamer. If you don't want people flaming you about your units, then don't flame other people. It's not nice.

What the hell are you talking about? No one was flaming anyone at this thread. Did you took my comment about palette as "flaming"? If I didn't like the unit, I wouldn't explain the problem. I damn tired of this. You see a problem, offer help, and get smashed for "flaming".

Ok, I will start post only things like
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
I guess it's ok here.

No, it's just your attitude. It comes off as a little pompus. It makes you sound like you think your superior because your created units list is longer.

@Embryo; don't take it too seriously dude.

I guess any literate persons post could come off as 'pompous' to someone who can't spell the word.

Nice unit Chris85 :goodjob:

edit too lazy? edit

@Pleb - Yes, you can most definately use it for the Clone War scenario.

I don't want this thread to turn into a flame war. There's two kinds of criticism positive and negative, embryodead is partially right, even though he originally said in a condescending manner. To me, the palette is a little lacking but it didn't seem to make the unit look that bad.

It's decided! I'm makin a future scen. (After my Peloponnesian War and Rome scens!) :goodjob:

Top Bottom