Game Play Instruction Thread - Wed., Oct. 8: 3:00 PM EST (and CDT), 20:00 GMT

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
Game Save
Previous Instruction Thread
This will be an online session with me as the DP.

Previous turnchat summary:
This was an eventful turnchat, unfortunately, we only got to Turn 2. Germany attacked with a few ships going to turn 1. We redlined some of those ships and picked off an ironclad on Turn 1. Going into Turn 2, Germany signed an MA with China against us, and the resulting loss of trade with China caused us to go from -2 gpt to -100. In addition, many of our cities broke out into civil disorder because of the resultant loss of Furs from China. Additionally, Babylon bombed the area around Persian Landing and has sent a Battleship as well as a Transport against us, and Germany has a Galley and a Transport heading our way. We must sign MA's and get back on our feet in terms of city disorder and for our treasury.

Boots, that's a bad link you have there. You'll probably have to send it to me directly anyway, though.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Fanatica,_1715_AD.SAV

You know, we had a better file naming convention that would be much less confusing. Please start naming save files:

DG3_YEAR_TURN.zip

For exmaple, this one should have been names:

DG3_1715AD_Turn2.zip

Not to mention that you need to work on your time conversions. GMT 20:00 is NOT 3:30 PM EDT. It's either 4:00 PM EDT, or 19:30 GMT.

Thanks for the file convention Octavian X. And Boots is using EST not EDT, so I believe his conversions are correct.

My conversion was incorrect because I used the time of the last chat on this. The actual time this chat will be held is 3:00 PM EST (4:00 PM EDT), not 3:30. As far as the save goes, I copied that link from a valid one in the last instruction thread, but it appears that I left off the .sav for whatever reason. I will correct that link now. I will use Oct's file naming convention from now on, however.

Just a notice: I will probably be doing the build queues offline on Tuesday afternoon or evening. I ask that the Governors please submit their build queues by then and that if they have any changes after I set the queues that they make a separate post for the changes.

Thanks. :)

Aventine Build Queues:

Aureus: Tank, Tank, Tank… NOTE: Place the UN in Aureus’ queue ASAP.
Inadatto: Destroyer, Bomber, Destroyer, Bomber…
Regia Doughnutia: Tank, Tank, Tank…
Lake Asphinxia: Cathedral, Police Station, Infantry
Elephantine: Factory, Infantry, Tank
New Jedina: Tank, Tank, Tank…
Iron Hills: Destroyer, Transport, Destroyer, Transport…
Omalu: Tank, Tank, Tank…
Chieftess: Cathedral, Police Station, Destroyer
Seven Hills: Infantry, Infantry, Infantry…
Grozny: Infantry, Infantry, Infantry…

Aventine Improvements:

1) Irrigate a tile near Inadatto to keep it from starving.
2) Clean up pollution as it comes.

Other: Deploy those units where you see fit. And I see a stack of unguarded Artillery on the Greek border on the northern coast of Caelien…

Noshuret: Bomber(2) -> *

Xak Tsaroth: Tank(1) -> Tank(2) -> *

Gorina: Infantry(1) -> Tank(1) -> Infantry(1) -> Tank(1) -> Infantry(1) -> Tank(1) -> Infantry(1) -> Tank(1) -> Infantry(1) -> Tank(1) -> Infantry(1) -> Tank(1) -> Infantry(1) -> Tank(1)

Ingolemondor: Hospital (6) -> Destroyer (6) -> Factory (12)

Neapolis: Factory (3) -> Battleship (16)

Penguinadua: Tank (2) -> *

Nur Gisnod: Factory (2) -> Tank (4) -> *

Nafstac: Police Station (9) -> Coloseum(12)

Tyvek: Airport (1) -> Fighter (1) -> Tank (2) -> Fighter (1) -> Tank (2) -> Fighter (1) -> Tank (2) -> Fighter (1) -> Tank (2)

Slice of Bacon: Bank (9) -> Airport (8)

Worker Requests
Irrigate Forest West of Gorina

Irrigate Mined Grassland in Tyvek's City Radius

* - denotes continue unit build for the rest of the t/c

Underlined build items should be rushed

As of now, I only have one order. However, watch for an edit after the value of some trades are debated.

Persia
11gpt for Wines, dyes Re-negotiate for $13, 35gpt

~RegentMan
Trade Leader

Military Instructions

I have asked for a settler, 10 tanks and 3 transports to be built.

Position 3 bb/dd in Giza
Position 3 transports in Giza (when they are built)
Load 23 tanks and 1 settler onto the transports
Send these 6 ships to Edo
Land all units next to Edo
Attack and raze Edo
Build new city
Rush harbour and temple by disbanding 1 transport and tanks.
Use remaining tanks to garrison new city
Send these ships back to Giza when invasion completed

Slider adjustments
Put the slider to 10 % lux, 50% science and 40 % tax. This will make all cities except the Quirnial city of Malvern Hill happy again. The Mayor of Mavern Hill or The Governor of Quirnial should suggest something to make that city happy again. If they don't, please make 1 coastal-tile-laborer an entertainer.

When we acquire a luxury from anyone, adjust the lux slider to 0% and put unneeded entertainers back to work.

When there are 2 more turns before we research a tech, move the slider down if and only if we won't need extra turns to research that tech.
Again, when there is 1 more turn before we research a tech, try moving the slider down if and only if we won't need an extra turn to research that tech.

When a new tech is researched, move the slider up to speed up science, but don't go below -50 gpt. Choose the lowest science setting possible with the same turns the tech research needs. Don't change the lux-rate in this case.

Happyness
We are importing 1 luxury. Fine Gems from Russia. If for some reason we loose this luxury, immediately increase luxury by 10%. If after that there are still 4 or more cities in disorder which would produce over 20 shields when not in disorder, increase the lux-slider by another 10%. Use entertainers for the other cities. Adjust the tax-science slider to never go below -50gpt.

Worker actions

Pollution:
Clean up pollution as soon as possible with as many workers who have nothing to do as possible. As soon as the pollution is cleaned up, check the city in which tiles the pollution was located for laborer reallocation.

Tile-improvement:
Use the workers with nothing to do after the pollution has been cleaned to uimproved tiles within city boundaries. Use around 6 workers for unroaded tiles to build roads and as much workers as needed to finish the improvement in 1 turn.
Domestic isn't happy with the worker distribution in the mountains near Wandering Gnome hills. Please move in enough workers to have at least 6 on each mountain to finish a road there in 1 turn.

Protect the workers who are working near enemy units.

Wonders
Start SETI as soon as it is available in 1 of the top shield-producing cities. It is no secret I prefer Gorina. In the Governor's buildqueue it is currently not listed; but I'll talk to Falcon about it.

Start the UN as soon as it is available in Aureus, as decided in this poll.

Cashrushes
An harbor and temple cashrush (if needed) are allowed in the new city on the Japanese island. If military agrees there is no need to disband units. Domestic will reserve funds for this.

Any requests for cashrushes to create the force the military leader posted instructions for and who will be used in the Japanese Spice Raid are approved. The Domestic Leader, The Military Leader, the President or the DP (in that order) can decide in the TC where and when these cashrushes take place.

I'll check for other cashrush requests later, so far no-one has requested any. ... Come on people; there is money to spend !
more to follow

1715 AD

Build Queues & Laborer Instructions
Items in Red are items that have been inserted into the queue from the last instructions.

Worker Request
None.

Note: Instead of producing Wealth, you may produce military units that are then disbanded in support of Giza or Alexandria during Transport construction. After Transports are complete, units build in place of wealth may be disbanded in low shield production cities.

I have now set the build queues provided up to this point. I still need Quirnial and Esquiline queues.

My humble apologies for using this thread as a mere citizen and semi-retired former cabinet member... but it needs to be pointed out right away! ;)

This is copied to the FA and Trade threads, please do not discuss it here!

Greece will give us 76gpt + WM + 60g for Flight. They are the only major power at peace who do not have it, so it's not like we're giving them something they can't get anywhere else. And they will throw in a MA against any combination of our current adversaries for no extra charge! :D

Builds for Esquiline

Nar Shaddaa airport tank*

Skunkworks airport artillery*

Palatine Coastal fort Barracks Destroyer*

Klixus-Major Cathedral Battleship Bank

Aqualondë Catherdral destroyer* hire 2 entertainers

Go Home Xerxes Factory Battleship bank battleship

Persian Landing Cathedral factory university

North Shore Granery (rush) Library

Babs Landing Granery (rush) Marketplace

Wandering Gnome Hills Marketplace Library Barracks

Coneland Marketplace

Dinas Emrys Granery

a * means build for the rest of the chat

Game Saves:
Preturn
Turn 5
Turn 10

Chat Log (Thanks Padma for the log)

Summary:
This was an eventful turnchat for sure. At the start of the chat, we signed MA's with six other nations as agreed to by general consensus in the previous discussion thread. We fired artillery at German, Japanese, and Babylonian ships to ward them off and attacked them with Destroyers and Battleships (of which we didn't lose a single one, I might add). Not a single troop landed on our soil this chat, due partly to naval action against them (we sank two transports and a galley) and also the MA's we signed diverted them to other targets. England was destroyed within a few turns by Germany (predictably). We also disconnected the Babylonian oil several times with our Bombers in Persian Landing. Also, we discovered Computers and Fission, so we are now able to build the SETI and the UN. Germany and Babylon also have Computers and are building the SETI. Finally, we sacked Edo with our planned invasion force and built the new city of Spiceland in its place, though we took moderate losses in the attempt (approximately 5 tanks). I disbanded two of our transports for a harbor in that city; it has all the shields needed for a harbor.

My apologies to DaveShack and conehead for not voicing you...the first time I was either AFK or deeply involved in playing the save ;) and the second time I was disconnected and didn't see you come in until too late, and had some nick changing problems. I also apologize if there were any missed queues or the like.

Top Bottom