BE and carlosMM's worst luck thread

carlosMM

Deity
This thread will be a collection of the WORST luck in Civ3 and PTW.

upload saves of the most horrible combat results you have ever seen!

and remember: to this date, only one game witha tank to spearman loss was ever uploaded on CFC - by me! ;)

I'd like to add...

Make sure 'Preserve Random Seed' is ON...

There will be a prize given out by Carlos and I to the one with the absolute worst luck. As he implied above, no comments without a save please... This is not the place for stories ;)

EDIT: Maybe a Mod can make this Sticky...

heh. I lost a Modern Armour army to an unfortified warrior. :cry: :mischief:

Moderator Action: As he implied above, no comments without a save please... This is not the place for stories --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

When my Army of 4 healthy cavalry lost to a one-hit spearman I threw my PC out the window and had to get a new one so I don't have an upload... sorry :lol:

Moderator Action: As he implied above, no comments without a save please... This is not the place for stories --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Padma, these guys are all obviously joking, for example, the MA cannot have died - to die, it would have to stand still...... :p

Well I wasn't kidding, and I wasn't trying to spam. I was just trying to keep this one bumped to the top (because it's not a sticky, sorry bomber :( ) because if everyone else out there is like me they don't save their worst luck incedence's, it's just something I'd rather forget ;)
which in turn would cause this thread to slow die on the bottom.

So since no one else seems to be posting their worst luck (due to what I said above) I have found this one that smellincoffee posted on another thread, it seems he was expansionist and going strong, popping huts, getting techs, and finding resources only to find out he was alone on an Island... yeeeesssshhh!!

Maybe a mod could delete all but the first two posts and make it sticky and add a post him/herself that states that a save must be attached and that this is for bad combat results (e.g.- My Tank was defeated by a spearman-- BTW, I have yet to see this...) O'Mods where are you... :D

BE: sadly, my old spear kills tank save doesn't work anymore since patch 1.21. Somehow, the new patch changes the seed :(

Is this just limited to combat only or can it be other things as well? Like the time I played huge map with all civs on pangea and I was stuck on a 10 tile island etc

No probs. I have since read the thread that spawned this one......
[deep hush] [/deep hush]

I guess I'll have to claim the prize and be the first to step-up with a good example of bad luck...

This shows 3 regular Medieval Infantry losing to 1 veteran Spearman... PTW 1.21f...

Approximate odds are 1-in-25 that this will happen...

I can offer two saves of a Musketman killing a Modern Armour. Proble is: both saves are 1,7 MBs... and, it is only around a 20% chance for the Musket :( so not that much bad luck. The actual oucome in one (IIRC), with the Musket losing no or one (I am not sure atm) HP is far less probable though.

tell me if you want them

if you want to see a 0.7% chance:

how about 2 vetHorses retreat, then an elite dies (11HP lost in a row that is) without scratching the frotified Spear on hill?

the next 12 HP do not help much either, they take 1 and 2 HP off the defenders. This takes the chance to 0%, rounding error included. 6 Horses do not manage to kill even one defender in a tiny town!

all in all it is 23 HP lost for 3 damage. :(
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/11_HP_loss.zip

take the horses and attack Nara

edit: just to mention: later that game, a reg warrior takes 3 HP off a fortified Spear in Nara - naturally when I was the owner of Nara :(

Waho, you guys seem to have a lot of nightmares about that lonly, single spear killing the "1th armored divison"... :lol:

Belisar, I once had a stack of 23 Knights - that was the best that I could in any way muster on a tiny map - attack two regular Pikemen and one Longbowman in an AIs last city. Leonardos was in there, I had the money to mass upgrade the remaining troops (I was hoping for 15 surviviors) the Cavalry (whihc the other AIs didn't know yet), then blaze through my continent...... That would have been my first deity win! A big one, too!

After my attacks (15 dead Knights!), one Pike had 1 HP and the LBM had 3 HP left - lost 1, promoted, lost 1.
Three Spears(!) and 1 LBM froma different city counterattacked my retreated Knights, blocking their escape route. The next turn, they all 4 did it again. Not one, not even a sginle one of my Knights made it abck home.

2 turns later 15 AI Cavs killed my three Muskets in my capital. End of game.

Yes, I hate the RNG, and yes I worry a lot about it!

I take everything back :D, who can compete with such results :crazyeye:

Probably you played with the Italians, they have a tradition of running away, even if superior :lol:

Top Bottom