URGENT: Operation Iron Denial

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
News from the front!

GCA is building the Great Library, and likely has a leader from the Elucidian Wars to build it! Apolyton has sucessfully cut of their northern supply of iron, but they still have iron from Sodapopolis, near the ruins of Yun Feng!

It is absolutely urgent that we take control of that source of iron as soon as humanly possible. I want at least two pikes to go to that tile, and fortify, so that GCA won't have pikes, med infs, and the like.

Opinions? Should we go for it? Should we do it at all?

ABSOLUTELY!

But of course! Not only will we harm GCA and force them to use horses (though, their Elephants are resourceless).
We will also take back a city site (presuming we raize) and we show our support in the GCA war.
Then we can march on the Balance and take it, and maybe meet 'Poly at Catcheropolis.

Take back the Iron! They must never get it! We shall die (well, maybe we shall not) befor they do. We just have to send the pikemen on the mountain near Cha Ching and we're in business.

Let's go for it. It will cause much less hassle for Poly as they won't have as many pikes to contend with.

You forget about the 3rd source of iron, outside Catchopolis.

IMO it is a waste of time and resources to go after that iron, unless Poly can assure us they will get to the other iron within 2 or 3 turns, which judging by their current position is impossible.

Yes, but we might as well block one source of iron. At least then we can say we did something. Plus, Catchpolis will fall very soon, at this rate.

Excactly. Only if we can afford. But, if we did it, GCA would maybe be forced to attack our troops, and they would loose military.

Resourse denial is an excellent way to gain the upper hand, and I do it all the time with my own games. You will have no arguements from the Foreign Ministry (at least on this issue).

GCA has managed to build the Great Library. They cannot have pikes and Medival infantry. The restriction of their iron is vital to us taking some GCA cities for our own. We need to sent in pikes. We can't keep them there too long, because GCA might shift some forces, anticipating invasion. So, we have to have M.I.s coming up 1 or 2 turns behind them or with them.

If they've already built the LIbrary, then they'll have Pikes and Med Inf (assuming they have enough gold) next turn, if they don't already. This makes it extremely difficult for us to capture any cities with the meager forces we currently have.

We must face the fact that GCA has Pikemen and Medieval Infantry.

We should, however, attempt to pillage the road network connecting that iron deposit with the rest of GCA. Even if we can't pillage that tile, we should make an attempt to deny it to the rest of GCA. To this end, we should have a few horsemen put on pillage detail. Their 2 moves/turn make them ideal for this type of combat (get in and pillage in the same turn).

Just delurking in this conversation...

1. Iron means nothing to Gamecatcher. It's just something fall back on. Why? Because, GameCatcher's UU is the War Elephant. It requires no resources!

2. I laugh at the Great Library in a Multiplayer Game, since once someone builds it, you and your allies can head straight for Education. :) Problem solved. The GL will work against them.

We have some pretty substantial time constraints for this...Poly is invading GCA and it would be best if they don't have to deal with stacks of pikes.

I think we can now take a little more time building units. Obviously, we are going to have to take them out before they can use those elephants, effectively or at all. We need those riders, but since we don't have the tech, we can't.

No longer serious...
Let's recall Bootstoots and appoint Ozzy Osbourne as Science Minister. It’s the only way to put the science rate up to track.

*Someone whispers something to Zarn*

Slider bar? Scientists? Trade? Don't be ridiculous! That's not it. We need a celebrity in charge.

I'm just kidding Boots. ;)

Top Bottom