GPT bug?

sabo

My Ancestors were Vikings
A couple of turns ago I thought I was seeing things, I was supposed to only be getting 8 GPT, but I was getting about 110.. Check out this save, I'm supposed to be getting around 150 GPT and when my next turn comes around I should be at about 2051 Gold, but as you can see when I start my next turn it jumps up to 2300 something... Where is all this free money coming from? This is totally un-moded

save

I haven't looked at the save, but could it be a bug with the tourism bonus? (giving you too much of a bonus).

Did any deals expire (where you were paying out gpt) and perhaps you just didn't get notification that the deal ended?

I've noticed that my treasury will grow despite a negative GPT count both under F1 screen and the little box indicator on the main screen. F1 screen will note my treasury is shrinking while it grows from 1 turn to the next.

I've observed this twice. Usually in the mid game when there is foreign income. I'm considering it might possibly be from the tourism gpt bonus. Just want to put it out so others can look at it. I'll make more posts as I find out more.

Bamspeedy:
Yeah all of that could have happened but if according to my info window I'm supposed to be getting 150 GPT isn't that what I'm supposed to get? Not 3,000 GPT...

check out Dexters GPT bug thread, he's having the same issues.

I just noticed the same thing happening to me. I was at 737 gp with an income of +6, and the next turn it was 793 in my bank account.

From just eyeballing things, this extra amount would jive with the tourism $$ I should be getting, which I notice does not show up on the domestic advisor's ledger.

Originally posted by dexters
I had made a separate thread on this. I didn't see that there was already a post on the topic. perhaps someone could merge my thread in here.

My fault dexters, my title for the thread was "check out THIS bug" not very descriptive so you wouldn't have known, some nice mod must have changed my title and merged our two threads.

The funny thing is I gave up on that game which was a regular epic game and now I"m playing "rise of rome" scenario and I don't seem to have that problem anymore.. wierd, maybe it just affects the conquest epic game..

I noticed in my epic game that the amount of gold that I was receiving from other civs was doubled. Since I was suppose to get 600+ gpt, it gave me quite advantage.

I guess this is a real bug then, I"m surprised the testers never caught that.

This is a bummer because I"m not inclined to play any epic games if I'm actually cheating... (not my fault) ;)

Sabo, don't feel bad. The AI gets the benefits of this also, at higher levels probably more than you because they trade so much between themselves.

Originally posted by sabo
A couple of turns ago I thought I was seeing things, I was supposed to only be getting 8 GPT, but I was getting about 110.. Check out this save, I'm supposed to be getting around 150 GPT and when my next turn comes around I should be at about 2051 Gold, but as you can see when I start my next turn it jumps up to 2300 something... Where is all this free money coming from? This is totally un-moded

save

I'm seeing the same anomally in my current epic game, as Sumeria. In 1390 AD, my treasury was 1178 gold w/ 15gpt. Next turn (1395 AD), my treasury reached 1332 gold w/ 9gpt. I watched this occuring for a couple turns to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

dojoboy_treasury_gpt_bug,1390AD.SAV

dojoboy_treasury_gpt_bug,1395AD.SAV

Does anyone know when the patch will be out so I can play again?

Top Bottom