Corruption issues

alexman

Ancient Geek
I just got my copy of Conquests, and finished some tests to see if anything related to corruption has changed. Did it ever! :eek:

• FP rank bug is fixed. Cities closer to the FP than to the Palace no longer use the Palace's set of cities to determine OCN corruption. :goodjob:
  • There is now a penalty instead of a bonus for RCP. They 'fixed' RCP by giving equidistant cities the worst rank, instead of the best, as was the case in PTW. So now you get penalized for building two or more cities the same distance from the Palace or FP. :wallbash: Note that distances are still rounded down, so a city at distance 4 is considered the same distance as a city at 4.5, and they would get penalized for their RCP positioning.
  • The FP increases the rank of all your cities. More specifically, when you build a FP far from your capital, all cities near your capital have their corruption increased because the rank of all cities is increased to 2(r-1), where r is their old rank without the FP. So building a FP may or may not increase your overall corruption, because you get a whole new ring of cities where the rank starts from 1, but the rank within each ring goes up by increments of 2 instead of increments of 1. Building a FP (and SPHQ) in Communism always increases your corruption. :lol:

Let us pray for a patch now... ;)

Bugger. :(

I am truely gutted.

Yes, the FP bug is awfull.
In my current go at the Rise of Rome conquest scenario I build FP in Thessalonica, and consequently Carthage (at size 6 with courthouse) went from 7 shields out of 17 lost, to 15 shields out of 17 lost. All of my cities in Spain also faced similar severe corruption increases :rolleyes:

Personally I always found the outrage over RCP strange - old way of calculating corruption was working just fine imho.

I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Strange it haven't been solved differently?:confused:
Still waiting for the game and now also for a patch or mod it apears.
I would suggest a maximum corruption/waste (clean city - no improvements) lvl in the range of 75-85%(depending on government) for civs with a much to high ocn. courthouse would then help about 10% (same for a police station) also depending on government.
I hate having cities of pop ~ 12 with 1 shield and 1 com.
Hope they feel ashamed - though it doesn't help me.

Originally posted by warpstorm
I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

I doubt they will change the corruption/waste problem much in future patches, mainly cause the problem has been there as long as I can remember (but a also have weird requests). Should have fixed it by now I guess.
Nevermind ... let's see what they will come op with. That's the exciting part. I'm having all very positive thoughts about this fix now.;)

This corruption issue is just ridiculuous. It's time they fixed it "good". Under despotism, corruption is surely a problem . Under democracy, it has NOTHING to do with distance from ANYTHING. why don't they understand this.

I'd recommend just setting corrpution in EACH CITY REGARDLESS OF LOCATION!!! by a simple formula:

Despotism: 80% corruption
Monarchy: 70% corruption
Republic: 60% corruption
Communism: 50% corruption
Democracy: 25% corruption

I have no clue about facism or the others. Comments welcome. The "distance" thing is just ludicrous. San Francisco has NO MORE corruption that Washington DC, not even close!

Come on guys, it's time to fix this...

That's what Communal Corruption is for.

Besides, could you say some fronteir town in the wild west was equally corrupt as Washington DC at that time? Think about that. Democracy was not always so corruption free. If there wasn't lawlessness and corruption on frontier towns, there wouldn't be any westerns.

Think of Democracy of all time, not just the global world we live in.

Originally posted by RedwoodTree
This corruption issue is just ridiculuous. It's time they fixed it "good". Under despotism, corruption is surely a problem . Under democracy, it has NOTHING to do with distance from ANYTHING. why don't they understand this.

I'd recommend just setting corrpution in EACH CITY REGARDLESS OF LOCATION!!! by a simple formula:

Despotism: 80% corruption
Monarchy: 70% corruption
Republic: 60% corruption
Communism: 50% corruption
Democracy: 25% corruption

I have no clue about facism or the others. Comments welcome. The "distance" thing is just ludicrous. San Francisco has NO MORE corruption that Washington DC, not even close!

Come on guys, it's time to fix this...

One could argue that San Francisco has a FP of sorts.

But, let's not threadjack this bug report.

I think a better corruption model would be one based on the transit time of a hypothetical government bureaucrat as well as the number of cities and form of government. By transit time, I am assuming a movement foot unit going from the capital or FP to the city by the best possible means. If there are roads, he'd get there faster, he'd have to hop a boat to get to overseas cities (using the fastest transport available), airports once available.

Damn! I was planning on giving Communism a burl in my first (epic) game as soon as I finally got my copy.
Now I have to wait for a patch, even before I've got the game :mad:
Oh well, at least I won't be hanging on the release day anymore (the game's, that is).
Poorly considered 'fix' Firaxis: Smashing bugs with sledghammers is fun, huh?

Originally posted by Aks K

I doubt they will change the corruption/waste problem much in future patches, mainly cause the problem has been there as long as I can remember (but a also have weird requests). Should have fixed it by now I guess.

What problem? The fact that it is higher than you like? That isn't a problem as far as Firaxis is concerned, they like it that way. Seriously. They gave a lot of tools to fight corruption in the game; worst case you can tweak it in the editor to suit your tastes (the default level suits theirs).

Back on topic. They are looking into this bug.

Warpstorm is right. I am most excited by policemen -- a great improvement. This really isn't a bug but a design choice. But thanks for the heads up because it is a strategy issue.

i also was looking for to use commies but i guess i have to wait for the patch . this must been overlooked when they tried to fix the RCP exploit . I'm sure they will fix this soon since it make Police HQ worthless. I amazed you found this bug so soon. Why wasn't you on the Beta list?

Ah, this is awful. :( A pity you weren't a part of the beta testers team (although I guess the beta testers already prevented lots of bugs entering the final version).

Great job that you found this bug. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom