Quick Fixes for 90AD Save

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Since we have a bit of time before we get the next save, I would like to make the following suggestions. These should be taken care of during the next save so that we can maximize our potential.

First and foremost:

I noticed this a turn or two ago as well. I cannot see any reason that we are starving Shen Ling. As you can see below, the city is currently producing 12 shields/pt(1 corrupt).

If we move two of the forest laborers to the northern game tile and the one NW of that, we can still keep production at 10 spt. Either way, we still get the Horseman in 3 turns.

(I should have printed a whole city screen to show the tile laborers, but didn't....)

Also, do we want to switch from a Horseman to a Settler? We could really use the cities.

Next, why is this Swordsman wandering in the wilderness when we can have him moved and fortified as shown below? By fortifying, the unit can regain its full strength within 7 turns. Plus, this is a great place to sentry a soldier if we want to confirm any of the propoganda that has been thrown our way recently about a surprise in the north.

Insert pun here? OK, I've got one, but its not too clever.....

Archer going to want to defend that Catapult with something stronger than an Archer? ;) Even on a hill, this unit has a strong chance of losing(it has a defense of 1) and we would lose control of the Catapult with it.

A pike on that hill would be much better.

OK, last one for now......

If we are going to consider entering the Republic, then here is a project that we must start immediately.

Notice the three Flood Plain tiles around Yun Quiling, that are totally unworked. By irrigating these tiles now, we can get three food under Despotism and when we enter the Republic, each tile will provide 5 food!

If there is any way to launch a Worker/Settler program, this is the place to start. This city will become so successful in this regard that we can leave many of our other cities on Military production for the uncertain times ahead.

I dont think we will be able to get Yun Quiling as a settler factory, but we should try to get it to churn out a few workers first if we do.

Deshelbr, I think he just wants a change of scenery. He had at least 2 terms as Domestic Minister in DG2, and was President in DG3. And if you think this proposal is good, you should have seen his DG2 work. Absolutely marvelous.

PS: I like the idea.

Thanks for the kudos, everyone. :)

Actually, my first love has always been the Military, although I have never won a military election in the SPDG(0 for 5!).

And even though some of these suggestions may be overstepping my bounds, all of them add to the strength of our nation. We are at a point in the game now where we are not entirely out of the race but we have ALOT of catching up to do. ;)

@Wizard - this screenshot is from the latest save. If this was corrected last turn, then that is great news. Unfortunately we don't have a system in place where the DP sends a post-turn save, so some of this information is slightly outdated.

@GBM - Workers first is fine with me, but when we become a Republic you will be pleasantly surprised at how quickly Yun Qiuling rebounds from building Settlers. With Flood Plains, we do also have the risk of loss of population due to disease, but I really think we should take our chances.

Yun Qiulings biggest problem will be to produce enough settlers before it grows to much! :p

And one thing Donovan Zoi: You can almost NEVER be overstepping your bounds when it comes to how we run this nation. This is a democracy game, and though we have elected members with certain responsibilities, that does not mean anyone else should overlook mistakes if they see them!

Anyway, since I've been the DP for the last turns, I could try to explain some of the things you have suggested to correct:

Shen Ling
I acctualy don't remember if Shen Ling is starving right now or not, but if it does it is only to get the Horseman one turn earlier. IIRC, it is possible to full all the food storages of Shen Ling in almost one or two turns, so a few turns starving realty doesn't hurt it.

The swordman screenshot is a little old I think, anyway he is already on his way to the general area of the hill you have suggested.

The Archer and the Catapult was acctualy dispatched to join the nearby Pikeman and to try and put a little more pressure on GCA. Didn't feel we should just leave them in Yun Qiuling when we launched our great offensive against GCA. Oh, and I know the Archer isn't a defensive unit. :p

There are two workers only a few turns away from Yun Qiuling. I was thinking of ordering them to irrigate a tile around the north-eastern city where they are now, but we can easily send them to Yun Qiuling at once.

Oh, and for further reference, when the new term starts, it will be great if we can have a turn thread with instructions to the DP. :)

SECURITY BREACH

Donovan Zoi, while the chances are remote, by attaching pictures in IMG tag forms from the uploads, our enemies could very easily find them. Especially with names like MSDG...

If you wish to attach pictures please use the "attach file" feature that you get when responding to a thread without the quick reply box.

Not that that is cleared, I like your plans. Especially at Yun Quiling since once irrigated and mined, that might be our second best city.

AHH! Why didn't I see that??

Can DZ remove them himself? If so, DO IT!
If not, can someone ask Thunderfall or a Mod (if they have the power) to do it?

Originally posted by Hygro
SECURITY BREACH

Donovan Zoi, while the chances are remote, by attaching pictures in IMG tag forms from the uploads, our enemies could very easily find them. Especially with names like MSDG...

If you wish to attach pictures please use the "attach file" feature that you get when responding to a thread without the quick reply box.

Thanks for the tip, Hygro. The only reason I used

Please question any of my skills you want DZ, that way it is easier to improve. :)

So is it possible for you to remove the pics?

Very well.

@croxis (and everyone else):
I've got my own server up and running on a 2Mbit connection 24/7. It's at my school and because of that there's sometimes a little short of bandwith, but the server is always up, and we could try to set up a secured server again.

It got tons of space (at least for our MSDG needs) so we wouldn't need to remove files from time to time.

I could start setting it up right away, but I wonder if I should make the site over again or if someone have the old pages? And I'm a little uncertain on how to make the pages secure, so I would need some support on that.

What do you say?

There's absolutely no reason to starve Shen Ling ever. It can produce 10spt with no starvation and there's not a unit available to us that is worth the extra shields at the cost of starvation.

Also, I would be in favor of immediately beginning the production of settlers as well as at least one galley. We will need those units more desperately in the long run, and we had better begin preparing for the future as opposed to worrying about the now (especially in light of recent investigations into GCA city defenses).

Oh, THAT swordsman...

He was sent up there on my request several turns ago. There was a CGN galley out there: I was hoping we could spot it...

Otherwise, you've got a good eye, DZ. I'm getting the feeling that next term is gonna be great. :)

Originally posted by Cheetah
Oh, and for further reference, when the new term starts, it will be great if we can have a turn thread with instructions to the DP. :)

Actually the thread was unstickied because none of the officials updated their posts there...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom