Fanatikese Expansion: Claiming the Island

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Not now, but soon. :)

We will need to build a Galley and three Settlers, as well as suitable defenses for claiming this island. I have marked what I believe would be the best locations if we want to get three cities on there.

What do you think of this idea, as well as where it fits in our list of priorities?

I'm just going to follow you around all night and post after you.

I think this should be a higher priority than populating the north and west of our main continent. Pending no further diplomatic melt-down we seem to have a garauntee from Poly that they will not settle past the choke-points. We have no such garauntee that GWT aren't coming with boats to give themselves a forward base on the island.

Also, we don't need to be in a rush to deprive Poly of their Silk colony. That is just going to tick them off more.

That's all I have for tonite, deshelbr. ;) But it's really good to see you here.

You bring up some great points, but I'm almost thinking we may need to stay on a wait-and-see basis until GCA is pretty much gone. Right now our focus should be on getting them off of our continent, and that means diverting as little as possible from our military production.

I do think that the Poly arrangement will stand, as long as we do no further damage. And you are correct, the area around Poly's Silk colony should be the last thing we settle, after which we should work out a standing trade deal.

I am hoping that we decide to build a Settler in Shen Ling. That could get us started here, although there are still a few prime spots on the mainland to tide us over until we can build a Galley.

I think that would be a good idea. We should settle this island and the one south of it to keep GWT or CGN out of the region of our continent.

In one of the drawbacks of becoming involved mid-game, I have only just now become aware that we met GWT through a Galley that had passed our shores. Who knows if they are planning on sending another one? On the other hand, since no one has built Lighthouse yet, they would have to take a roudabout way to get to the island.

I say we send one Settler, one Galley and one Pike to Spot A very soon, and then get the next two sites as soon as we can afford to spare the military production.

I think by turn 140 we should revolt (so our workers get a few more roads, and a few new workers), by 150 we should have 2 or 3 new settlers heading north, and by 160 we should have a galley and 3 or 4 settlers heading west and north.

Any later than that is a disgrace.

I honestly wouldn't worry much about these islands for the time being. We can likely claim them for our own in border treaties with Apolyton. As I see it, their resoucres are of little enough value to make the sheer settlement effort a bit wasteful.

lowish corruption, 3 cities with high commerce coasts, grasslands, iron on hills, a mountain...

sounds pretty damned good to me!

Yes, and even a border agreement with poly won't stop GWT or CGN from settling them...

I agree, We should agree to a border treaty so that the simmiler thing that hapened with GCA does not happen again.

Top Bottom