Rhye's Terrain Graphics Modpack

Rhye

's and Fall creator
This is my version of terrain graphics, based on Sn00py's.
As it's much different from the original (Sn00py's both standard and greener), I decided to share it.

My purpose was to make the graphics more similar to a satellite view of the Earth.
A preview is placed at the bottom of this post
The modpack features:
- blue sea
- land is darker and has less saturation
- mountain chains instead of single mountains
- modified delta rivers
- a different "bonus" grassland
- new marshes
- some smaller resources
- no more "jungle trees on water" effect
- many other changes I don't remember
- new desert irrigations
- Irrigation is a mix of Zeb Fisher's and Dark Sheer's, danielopez's and Cordy's
- Modified version of Yurt's flood plains
- Pollution by mrtn
- Ruins by m_m_x
- Goody huts by m_m_x
- Volcanos caps by Yeti
- many other little changes I don't remember

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - CONQUESTS

Unzip the files to your Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios folder.
In the game, select Civ-Content and load Rhye's Terrain.biq
Note: if you're upgrading your old version, you can safely delete your old biqs and readme files

http://www.civfanatics.net/rhye/civ3/files/Rhyes_Terrain_v133_Conquests.zip

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - PLAY THE WORLD

Unzip the files to your Civilization III\PTW\Scenarios folder.
In the game, select Load Scenario and load Rhye's Terrain.bix
Note: if you're upgrading your old version, you can safely delete your old bixs and readme files

http://www.civfanatics.net/rhye/civ3/files/Rhyes_Terrain_v133_PTW.zip

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - STANDARD CIV3

Backup your Civilization III\art\terrain folder and resources.pcx (located in Civilization III\art folder)
Then unzip the files to your Civilization III main folder

http://www.civfanatics.net/rhye/civ3/files/Rhyes_Terrain_v133_Vanilla.zip

A preview of a sample island:

Attachments

• provarhye133b.jpg
    provarhye133b.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 24,227
Originally posted by Rhye

You matter the same as the others, but usually you analyse accurately and don't give good judgments away
lol, well you can always use a "this should be improved" more than a "this is nice" ;)

This is superb. I like Snoopy's work, but the colors might be irritating somehow, no matter what. This is great.

No wonder it's great, but I just tested it in the editor, and it seems to be missing some points (usually on ocean tiles and plains).

IMPORTANT EDIT TO THE MESSAGE: I just realized, that this is basicly only an error caused by the landmark terrains. I'm almost 100% sure that it works fine in the game.

Great job Rhye. I really like those forests. :goodjob:

Originally posted by SpincruS
No wonder it's great, but I just tested it in the editor, and it seems to be missing some points (usually on ocean tiles and plains).

IMPORTANT EDIT TO THE MESSAGE: I just realized, that this is basicly only an error caused by the landmark terrains. I'm almost 100% sure that it works fine in the game.

You're right, I haven't included LM terrains. Well, if the modpack is used through the .bix they are useless. Instead, if you want to replace your C3C terrain directory they are needed (I'll post them if you like)

I like it. The more subdued colors are a bit easier on the eyes.

Thank you, Rhye, I'm perfectly fine with the files you posted. As I said, it's just a problem in the editor, not in the game (just tested it within the game, too). Besides, I add the LM's at the end, anyway. Mille grazie! (sp?)

Originally posted by syndicatedragon
My copy of standard Civ3 doesn't have a "destroy.pcx" in any directory.. and it's not in the zip files either. Is that important?
You need to own a copy of PTW or C3C to have that file.

Okay, that's fine. I'm going to get C3C Real Soon (tm). :) I'm still curious as to why I would need to back that file up if it's not in the ZIP files though.

Originally posted by syndicatedragon
Okay, that's fine. I'm going to get C3C Real Soon (tm). :) I'm still curious as to why I would need to back that file up if it's not in the ZIP files though.

My mistake. There's no need to backup it, as you don't have it! I've corrected the instructions in this post (but not in the readme)

What an awesome modpack - superb transition in the colours of the water from coat to sea to ocean.

Great work and many thanks for such a creation.

With your terrain and the excellent resource one...

Taé Shala C3C resources with labels & icons

Things are getting a little easier for a new player like me to understand :)

Now if only someone could continue the great work by...

Il Mafioso Civ3 Usability Pack 1.0 TRY THIS!!!!

The game would be so much easier to play, for me :)

Morgan

Top Bottom