The Silmarillion Scenario

MightyPunkass

The Burninator!
Hey all, I'm a newbie here as you can probably see.

I've seen plenty of "Lord of the Rings" style scenarioes around, and then it hit me **makes a slapping sound** ...The Silmarillion would make a more interesting Civilization 3 Scenario! So I set about thinking it up. And I decided to make this post so you can give my ideas a bit of Feedback if you want.

This is the map I will be working from (adding a few other islands from references by Tolkien in the book).

The Civs are yet to be totally decided (in other words, I gotta read the book again, I forgot some stuff.). But I've decided that there will definatly be at least one Civ of Humans, at least one of Elves, at least one of Dwarves, at least one of Evil and one made up by the Ents and Wild animals. Orcs will probably be acting as Barbs.

Morgoth will be the leader of Evil, you will probably be able to use him as a unit also.

Morgoth the Enemy

as for other leaders, I am not sure. Once I've read the book through again, I'll make my decision.

Regards,
MP.

I've also given another thought to some units.

Istari (Wizards)

Only Elves, Men, Dwarves and other good guys will be able to build Gandalf. Only the Ents can build Radagast, and EVERYONE can build Saruman (as he isn't fully evil in The Silmarillion). The Civs that start in the South will have access to two weaker Istari, Alatar and Pallando.

The Valar (Gods)

I'm gonna make the Gods. They will probably have their own Civ...they will be really peaceful, but their Godly status will make it almost suicidal to get in their bad books. I'll have to think of ways to do this. The Gods are

Aule
Lorien/ Irmo
Mandos/ Namo
Manwe
Orome
Tulkas
Ulmo
Este
Nessa
Nienna
Yavanna
Vaire
Varda/ Elbereth

Heroes

I'd like to throw some familliar names in there. But I'll have to think up how to work them.

@MightyPunkass
LotM is a base that will be able to host all other mods/scenarios, from the times of Silmarillion to LotR. Your question can't be answered yet, since we are at the stage of building the world base, first aiming at the Middle Earth setting. It would be best if you read the last overview and thread and then join the group :) It's still a lot of work to finish the base, and then all the scenarios, but it's sort of a perfectionist project.

I'll answer his Valar question, though:

We aren't using the Valar at all, because they would be too powerful. Morgoth and the Noldor were pretty well matched during the Wars of the Jewels, but when the Valar decide to get involved, they wipe the floor with him. I guess we could call that kind of power in the hand of a "civ" unbalanced. :D

Thanks for the invitation, Embryo, but I am far from a good Modder, I'm just starting out, this is my first project, and I haven't even started yet. :(

On the Valar side of things. I was thinking about it earlier...if you built a wonder dedicated to a particular Valar in your Civ...such as Ulmo, he could help you in times of need. What do people think of that?

I'm not a good modder, either, but you are more than welcome to join in on the discussion re: the Lord of the Mods. :)

Your Valar-wonder idea is way better than implementing the Valar as a civ, that's for sure!

Just so you know, if you're basing the scenario around Quenta Silmarillion and it takes place in Beleriand, the Wizards hadn't come to Middle-Earth yet. They didn't arrive until the Third Age.

One more thing to say about saruman...he never really went "evil" he went courupt. Just like denethor but sauron dident have as much time to work on denethor and denethor was also a strongblooded "nume" so he had great control to resist sauron. Now Saruman if you think about it was a servent (before) of Aule the vala of fire and earth. Think about this: 7 servents that we know about (the balrogs) got courupted and they served under aule, The third strongest maia sauron who was a servent of aule likewise got courupted by melkor. So natrually the servents of aule dont have as great of resistance to courpution probably due to the fact that aule unlawfully created the dwarves. Sauroman would not of gone courput unless he had been courpted by the palantir and he justh ad a lower resistance.

Originally posted by MightyPunkass
I've also given another thought to some units.

Istari (Wizards)

Only Elves, Men, Dwarves and other good guys will be able to build Gandalf. Only the Ents can build Radagast, and EVERYONE can build Saruman (as he isn't fully evil in The Silmarillion). The Civs that start in the South will have access to two weaker Istari, Alatar and Pallando.

The probem with this is that if you're basing it entirely around the silmarillion the Istari shouldn't be in it at all as they didn't turn up until the begining of the 3rd age

Top Bottom