New Alexander the Great leaderhead

Ekmek

on steam: ekmek_e
FINISHED

LINK is now to drift's update of my graphics

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Alexander.zip

All FLCs, Al_all (diploscren), leaderhead win/loser pcx, civlopedia

all are included in the zip and named like the Firaxis Alex Files. So you can either copy over (back up your original) or place them in the corresponding scenario folder. The example is at the

The latest update post #16 with all eras.

It looks like he is wearing a mop on his head.

I may try to fix the hair, I must meditate on how to make it more hair like. Now I know why firaxis stayed away from blonds. I think I'll try to thin the strands. I think the face is an improvement though, not so wimpy...

As for the prussian cross...who knows what he'd wear. I'll try and make it like an orthodox cross...

Don't give up the hair. The Alexander tha you made are more real... The Firaxis appears like a french merchant...
The face start nice. Lipps could be more mediterranean...

The hair need to be blond and hircuse. And long...

Maybe if you try to do something less volumous, like Brenus hair?

Keep the good work! Thank you.

BTW: We need another Egyptinan leaderhead...

Originally posted by Ekmek
Bring on the critics...

It looks good! I wasn't a big fan of the earlier 'Alexander with a lion's mane', but this is really good. Just work a bit more on the parts where hair and skin meet on the forehead, they don't feel quite natural yet.

BTW, will he be mood-specific in the future?

Alexander with blonde hair? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as south european, he should have dark hair. Germans, Vikings, and other north europeans have blonde (or red) hair, but south europeans got dark hair... even if that changed in the last few hundret years...

Originally posted by Kenta'arka
Alexander with blonde hair? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as south european, he should have dark hair. Germans, Vikings, and other north europeans have blonde (or red) hair, but south europeans got dark hair... even if that changed in the last few hundret years...

Alexander is commonly thought to have been blonde. Although he has been pictured also with dark hair. Remember that he had Macedonian heritage and his origins were in the north, not in ancient Greece.

Remember that he had Macedonian heritage and his origins were in the north, not in ancient Greece.
Macedonnia is still in greece. With less than 700KM from Athen, it's not really the great north.

1- Excelent job. The hair become very nice. You could try a little more "lion" style, just a little...

2- About Alexander blondness: Greeks were redheads - 50% of population - and there was more brunetes than blonds, but there was blond people...

3- Greeks were a very white people, was about the Roman - Brunetes with green or blue eyes - domination, and late the Turkish - originaly chinese cousins - that they became brunetes.

4- Even Romans were very european, was the invasions that made people more brunete.

5- Alexander was blond, Hefestion too. Was Ptolome the brunete... Seleuco was red...

Thank you folks...

FINISHED
has Flcs, pcx, F4 screen etc... enjoy

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Ekmek-Alexander.zip

As for his blondness its mentioned in a variety of sources. Alex was half macedonian and half Epirote. And being "half-barbarian" caused some problems before he took to the throne. Being blond was probably part of it.

Northern greece is fairly light haired still especially because of the slavs. the pictures of alex with dark hair are usually seen in mosics in Italy when a revival of alex popularity during the roman empire a lot of people portayed him as roman looking which was darker than the greeks then.

I was interested in how leaderheads work and got a little carried away. I hope you won't mind Ekmek, but I kind of made my own version out of your Alex. I gave him new moods, touched up his face in some places and in general, studied about how leaderheads function.

When I had the moods finished for all eras, I got interested about him acting mood-specific in diploscreen. So I made flics for each era. They are not animated, but his moods do change.

I still have the foreign affairs bubble and others to finish, but I would like to ask at this point whether you object me releasing my work when I'm finished? (naturally with proper credit to you.) I'm content using this just by myself and working with this has been very educating, but it's always fun to share. :)

Here's a preview of him with all moods and eras.

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 3,348
Drift

I like it! And better than the moods I had showing.

Yeah please post your patch!

How did you get the moods to change in the flc, did you just copy multiple frames until it matches the point of change (I think its some 40 frames in flc broken into thirds but the program picks only select ones). Since you got it working it saves me some headache.

The bubbles should be easy, mainly if you cut and paste the mouth over my bubble.

Thanks for the support!

Originally posted by Ekmek
I like it! And better than the moods I had showing.

:blush: Thank you.

How did you get the moods to change in the flc, did you just copy multiple frames until it matches the point of change (I think its some 40 frames in flc broken into thirds but the program picks only select ones). Since you got it working it saves me some headache.

I'm not 100% certain I got it completely right. Anyway, each flic is 121 frames. That's 40 frames per mood + 1. I figured the extra frame is for the neutral mood to serve as some sort of centerpoint for the animation. I'm not sure really. However, what I did was that in the forward animation, I made frames 1-40 happy, 41-81 neutral and 82-121 angry. In the backwards animation 1-40 angry, 41-81 neutral and 82-121 happy. Each frame of each mood is the same, transitions are not animated.

It has some glitches, For example, Alex may flick into angry for a second and become neutral again, but in general, it seems to work rather well. Choosing Greece as your civ is fun as Alex stares at you for a while with the neutral face and then switches in an instant for a smile.

The bubbles should be easy, mainly if you cut and paste the mouth over my bubble.

Yep, I already finished them and in fact, I finished all the other graphics as well. I'll upload them later today. I'll check them for possible errors and decide if they are ready to be posted.

Top Bottom