Idea for wonder splashes for Conquests

Pounder

Phaethon was here
I figured out a way to add the information to the wonder splash without covering the picture.

I think that this would be my preferred way of doing the splashes.

I put the traits that could trigger a golden age down the right side, as well as the additional culture generated and whether the wonder can become a tourist attraction.

At the bottom I put the technology that will obsolete this wonder and left 2 lines for wonder affects.

I placed the Civs and their updated traits in a separate box.

I hope I can get some feedback/suggestions before I carry on.

Nice. I think you should change the font you used on the side (where you said what traits it gives a golden age to, and if it can become a tourist attraction). Good idea.

It is looking good. :goodjob: :)

My big question is: How? The wonder splash itself is only the image portion of the splash. The rest is the background, and I dont see a way to add text to the background without having that same text appear for every wonder.

- GIDustin

I increased the size of the splash from 320x320 to 332x389.

I put the additional info at the bottom and to the right of the picture. I modified the wonder splash background to be white around the picture so there would be no colour mismatch. The picture portion of the splash is still 320x320 so it can be easily changed if a better picture comes along.

When the splash goes up it still starts at the same coordinates on the screen, we are now just spreading further down and right. That is why you can't add anything top and left. The game inserts the name of the wonder.

Maybe there may be another application on another screen with this method.

I guess to be punny I was thinking outside the box on this one.;)

Edit: BTW, they are done and posted on the Graphics Modpack Forum.

Here is a sample.

So you can change the size of the wonder splash graphix? Wow. Learn something every day. . .

Wait, this just gave me an awesome idea for the MTG mod.

- GIDustin

Originally posted by GIDustin
So you can change the size of the wonder splash graphix? Wow. Learn something every day. . .

Wait, this just gave me an awesome idea for the MTG mod.

- GIDustin

Great, I was hoping someone would pick up on this idea.

There is nothing stopping you from modifying the background splash to facilitate larger graphics. You could use larger pictures or add the history of the wonder or place multiple pictures, maybe showing multiple viewing angles of the wonder.

I have attached a copy of a wondersplash background that I through together as a sample. I did a quick test with it and it can hold a splash 580 pixels wide x 390 pixels high.

Top Bottom