Turn 146 - 300AD

Gingerbread Man

Dark Magus
Turn 146, 300AD:

Session Start: Tue Jan 06 11:41:05 2004
Session Ident: #demogame_CFC_MSDG
[11:41] * Logging #demogame_CFC_MSDG to 'logs\#demogame_CFC_MSDG300AD.irc-chat.log'
<GBM> Here we are, at the 300AD TC
<GBM> 1) We now have Chivalry!!!
* GBM parties
<Octavian_X> yay!
<GBM> 2) We did a map swap with CGN
<Octavian_X> Go Riders!
<CivGeneral> Im here
<Octavian_X> good, good...
* CivGeneral pulls out a "Vote for CivGeneral for Minister of Defense"
<GBM> 3) not a single city rioted in going into anarchy
<CivGeneral> YAY
<Octavian_X> You should've checked that last turn. :p
<GBM> there will be no campaigning in the war room! ;)
* CivGeneral pulls out a "Vote for CivGeneral for Minister of Defense"
<GBM> I did...
<Octavian_X> Any other developments?
<GBM> in a moment...
<GBM> 4) Shen Ling is now defended!
<GBM> with a pike...
<GBM> 5) GCA's 5/5 spearman is still here, but looks to be bailing out soon
<CivGeneral> hmm
<GBM> I think it wanted to get some gold attacking a barb hut, but we scared it off
<GBM> and lost our galley trying sink theirs, but that was 2 turns ago
* Bob has joined #demogame_CFC_MSDG
<GBM> turn over, taking screenies
<GBM> thanks guys
Session Close: Tue Jan 06 11:57:38 2004

Attachments

• homeland.jpg
    homeland.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 160
Finally, the channel between two continents. Are there any crossovers that will become available with Great L'house, or technology?

Attachments

• crossoverchannel.jpg
    crossoverchannel.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 99
Thank you for the maps. I shall get to the future plans right away.

1. OK, what the %&$# is going on with our allies in the North? They are sending down two Med Infs beyond their Silks when they had given every indication that this land was ours. If I am confirmed as Ambassador to Apolyton, this will be an issue I will address.

I haven't pulled out the microscope on our alliance treaty, but I would like to see if there is a way to withhold Chivalry from Apolyton until they can explain their actions. If they plan on riding a false alliance to our borders with Knights that we give them, we should not stand for it.

2. GBM, we need to engage the barb camp near former Santopia. I was really hoping that those troops would be on the mountain(and some on the hill with the Doughnut Thrower) ready to remove the barbs and the GCA spear next turn. Please make sure this happens next turn!

3. We are moving the Galley farther and farther from the island when we really need to keep it there. We have one pike defending two cities, and need to transport more defenses there. I have an uneasy feeling about it.

4. Zhi Gang is currently undefended. With the possiblity of another GCA galley looming, we need to rectify this immediately. I would suggest bringing over one of the Pikes from Cha Ching.

5. See that worker building a mine directly between Shen Ling and Cha Ching? His work is all for naught, as that tile is just out of reach of every surrounding city.

6. You may want to consider hiring three Taxmen for Shen Ling until we enter Republic. Otherwise that city will grow in two turns and the rioting begins. :( Just organize the three remaining tiles so that we achieve Zero Growth......commerce and production don't matter right now.

7. Why have we chosen to research Monarchy? Aren't there other techs we should be pursuing once we are a Republic?

8. Once we have the GCA/barb threat under control(there is another barb camp north of Yun Qiuling BTW, we really need to irrigate those last few Flood Plains tiles. I can't stress the importance of this enough.

9. Any other workers we have should begin building a road through the mountains so that our Settlers and troops have easy access to the land near Point of Victory. With the recent moves by Poly, we may want to consider this a major priority. Also, if Poly ever settles on our side of the chokepoint, we should cancel the alliance immediately.

My apologies for this long-winded post, but please take heed. We are in a position where every little thing we do counts. I am still not convinced that we are out of this game, although I am sure none of our rivals think that way.

Our main focuses during Anarchy should be securing our intended borders and issuing stellar diplomacy. That means getting rid of all trespassers and finding out where we stand with each remaining nation. I will be opening a "WTF Poly" thread very soon, so stay tuned...........

Alright, DZ. You have my permission to proceed with this. Apolyton isn't playing nice, so we are going to have to withold chivalry until this thing is solved. Anyone that objects should say so, asap. Then a poll will have to be setup, but I am hoping that none of you will let Poly do this.

"Drei Komma Eins Vier" is GCA's city name. Translated to "3 , 1 4", what do you think they are getting at?

Originally posted by Vander
"Drei Komma Eins Vier" is GCA's city name. Translated to "3 , 1 4", what do you think they are getting at?

Ever heard of Stone Cold Steve Austin. He had a numer 3:16. I am thinking they are intentionaly placing a quote from the bible using 3:14. I am not a religious persion but watching documenteries on the History channel helps.

I am thinking the GCers are using Psychological Warfare on us.

could stand for pi...

I doubt it's Bible related

Whatever. What should a GCA city's name matter?

I like your idea on the Poly CHilvvy thing, DZ. I say let's not give it to them before we get BoP, what do you say?

They're gonna smash us when they get Chivvy, I guess.

So they must not get it before we have a few Riders!

Oh boy, Looks like I am going to have to create 2 plans now. Personaly, I dont want to see a 2 front war being waged on us.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
Oh boy, Looks like I am going to have to create 2 plans now. Personaly, I dont want to see a 2 front war being waged on us.

I don't think that will happen. Let's try diplomacy first. Perhaps there is a reasonable explanation, but it had better be good.

I like your idea on the Poly CHilvvy thing, DZ. I say let's not give it to them before we get BoP, what do you say?

Chivalry for BoP? I love it. :D What does everyone else think?

I think they won't like it.

But we got to get one of the chokepoints!

We could press on for them to give us PoV, but if I remember correctly, Poly had an agreement with CGN to buy Chivalry from them, before we started to talk about buying Chivalry. There is a good chance they already have it!

Top Bottom