WillJ's avatar challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillJ

Coolness Connoisseur
Hello, my serfs, make me an avatar! NOW!

What I'm looking for is a remake of my W/J shield (see below), but with a blue background and white letters (unless you can think of a cooler color combination). Make the letters look fancy (say, Times New Roman-ish, or something), make the shield look shiny (if possible), and add a couple swords to behind the shield. Or add a lion and white horse on the side. Or something. Just make it look cool!

Whoever creates an avatar meeting my arrogantly high expectations shall be thanked in my sig! And not just temporarily, but forever! And not just a little footnote, but in bold, large letters, saying that you're the greatest man (or woman) ever to exist on the face of the earth! And I'll also think of other ways to reward you, if you so desire.

something I threw together real quick, not sure I'm 100% happy with it but....thought I'd toss it up here to see what you think

changes? like? dislike? I might have a little more time later tonight or in the morning that I could work on it :goodjob:

please note that I have checked all these files for "file size" and all are now under the 4k limit

I'm thinkin' I like the second one LOL But can keep working on it if that's not what you really wanted :)

can't wait to get my custom avatar ;) but until then I guess I'll make others LOL

seems the "transparent" version doesn't look too good....

Just wanted you to know that I CAN put in "lighting" effects...I can add or remove any that you like :) Hope this is helping

please note that I have checked all these files for "file size" and all are now under the 4k limit

getting ready for dinner right now....but I will get to work on it ASAP. Any ideas about what you would like?

First attempts

well it doesn't have the swords, but, what do you think so far? swords? axe? or how it is?

let me know what you like/dislike....

grrrrrr.....the size limit makes different options hard to deal with :( I can add the swords but I would have scarifice either the lettering, flames, or the phoenix otherwise it looks this way

Originally posted by Lyonesse

Like this one best

First attempts

well it doesn't have the swords, but, what do you think so far? swords? axe? or how it is?

let me know what you like/dislike....

grrrrrr.....the size limit makes different options hard to deal with :( I can add the swords but I would have scarifice either the lettering, flames, or the phoenix otherwise it looks this way

Pretty cool, would be second choice if I could see it better

Pretty cool, would be second choice if I could see it better

Here's a larger version of it....because it has to be scaled down to no bigger than 65x65 it makes it look WAY too small <sigH> I liked that one too :(

glad I got at least one you liked though :goodjob:

@Lyonesse - Is it possible for you to do an avatar like you did with WF and WillJ? Thanks :)

Did some quick ones before I head for bed. Not sure what you are looking for, just let me know what you have in mind, and I'll go from there :) Just remember that I can change these if needed, the one thing you must keep in mind....Like the others...if you want the swords any lettering is very hard to see once the image is "resized", if you leave out the swords SOME lettering is possible (2 or 3 letters) all a matter of what you would like really :goodjob: Hope you don't mind me making you a 5 star general :D

Wow, lyonesse ! Can I have an avatar? (based on the curent one)

okay, finally getting to work on it Aphex. Just got done looking at some other variations of your current Avatar...I'm assuming its from the band....wow was there some "interesting" graphics LOL But this one may stick with me for some time LOL

Anyway, getting ready to work on yours :goodjob:

here we go...I will post new ones as I go...let me know if I "hit" a good one ;)

the sword/sheild or axe/shield never really look good in transparency because of the "light" shade of the blades

Please let me know if you'd rather have something other than the "shield look"

@Lyonesse - Looks good :), is it possible to have the persion in my Avatar (Mara Jade) in as the background of the shield with the stars on the foreground :).

Wow, Lyonesse, those look great!

I like the fourth one the best (the one with the lighting effects). A few things, though... Could you make the letters a bit bigger and a bit fancier (nothing real showy, just make them have serifs or something, and straight rather than rounded). And also maybe make the shield a bit bigger compared to the swords? I'd also prefer a transparent background, as long as the pic still looks decent (the transparent one that you've already uploaded looks fine, especially if the blades are made more visible).

If you could do all that, it'd be perfect! :goodjob: (I'd actually be able to make the modifications myself, if not for the fact that Explorer wants to save all files as .bmp, and when converting them they lose quality. :mad: )

Originally posted by CivGeneral
@Lyonesse - Looks good :), is it possible to have the persion in my Avatar (Mara Jade) in as the background of the shield with the stars on the foreground :).

Okay, a bit confued here (which isn't to unusual) LOL You want Mara Jade behind the stars? If this is the case I'm not too sure how we could make it small enough and still see the "details" of Mara Jade. I will look at it a bit closer here in a bit...see if I can somehow "work" Mara into the graphic :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom