Moscow, Babylon, and Deux Rivieres Conspire - Tech Trades, 2150 B.C.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Code:
[b]Russian Trades
Deal 1-----------------------------
We Want...		We offer...[/b]
Iron Working		Mathematics
35g

[b]Babylonian Trades
Deal 2--------------------------------
We Want...		We offer...[/b]
Mysticism		Alphabet
Babylonian Worker	150g

[b]Deal 3--------------------------------[/b]
Mysticism		Alphabet
			123g

[b]Deal 4--------------------------------[/b]
36g			Alphabet
Babylonian Worker

Well, that's the gist of the trades open to us. Note that values may change, as the AI could change it's demands. We can also turn around, sell Mysticism to Russia, or Iron Working to Babylon. Ideally, we could have an offline TC to determine such possibilities, but that's another discussion.

So, things that need to be decided:
Which deals should we make?
If we acquire Iron Working from Russia, should we try to sell it to Babylon?
If we acquire Mysticism from Babylon, should we try to sell it to Russia?

Remember, for those last two questions: selling either tech to the other may result in a batch of new deal possibilities. If at all possible, therefore, I also plan to seek blanket approval from the citizens for the authority to strike deals which will be impossible to discuss in the forum. According to the chatlog, IIRC, Russia and Bablyon will meet next turn, so we have to decide NOW.

Please, discuss. :)

What about just hiring that Babylonian worker? If he's got a machete he might be worth 30 or 40 gold...

I like the Russian trade. But that will greatly change the Babylonian trades.

Do remember that we can sell IW to the Babs as well, after we purchase it from the Russians. And we can sell the Babs Maths, after we sell them Alphabet.

I see possibilities for a 0 turn trading turnchat.

I think we need to do the Russian trade, and then assess possibilities beyond that.

I would vote for the Russian trade if we then had a chance (in the forums) to discuss the Babylonian trade possibilities.

We started math with the idea of trading it for techs - no reason to go back on that now!

Do the Russian trade as a special session, then delay the next turn chat for a day or so to discuss the new trading opportunities.

Citizens - if you like (or don't like) the idea of a special session for a specific trade, POST YOUR OPINION!

-- Ravensfire

If enough citizens speak out to do so I will post a 24 hour poll (hopefully soon) to ask: Can the DP play a short extra TC this weekend <specified date and time> for the sole purpose of trading with Russia ?

Of course the trade with Russia has to be approvd first.

The next real turnchat is monday. I prefer to post a poll fridaynight or saturday morning(CET) which is in around 30 hours from now, which ends sunday morning, so I can do the extra TC quickly so you still have nearly 30 to 40 hours to study, discuss and poll the new situation.

So: order of business:
1) post a poll for the Russia trade [T&T leader]
2) get discussions on the extra TC [citizens]
3) (if the vote on the Russian trade is "yes"): post poll for extra TC [President]
4) (if the vote = yes) schedule extra TC [president]
5) Play the extra TC [president]
6) post the save [president]
7) assess the new situation [citizens]

Both polls need to be up soon then! Time's a-wasting!

I, quite obviously, support the special session and the trade.

-- Ravensfire

I beleve the above trade deals looks good

I see nothing wrong with either idea. Let's get these things polled and approved and put in action.

Mr. President,

Thus far there has been no opposition to a special session. I suggest allowing the discussion to continue through some time tomorrow. Should nobody object, declare a special session to be held as there is significant support for it. You've got to have 24 hours from posting the thread for the session to the start of it - time is of the essence.

I would also suggest that the Minister of Trade post a poll confirming the Russian deal soon.

-- Ravensfire

I've PM-ed T&T leader nearly 2 hours ago. I've rethought it and I don't think it is strictly necessary to have a "Russian trade" poll up first. I can just rephrase the poll wording to:
If the Russian trade is accepted (poll to be posted soon), can the DP hold an extra Turnchat in which only that trade is singed ? Yes/No/Abstain.

I hope I have time to post this tomorrow, but I am very busy.

BTW Any citizen can post this poll. If I haven't posted it in let's say 12 hours, please post it for me; anyone. That is of course if there isn't strong opposition to posting this poll.

I really want to get writing for math, but no such option is available yet. If we're careful we should be able to get IW, Mysticism, the worker, and a bunch of gold.

A special session to do the 1st trade is a fantastic idea! Let's just be certain the 1st trade is the best one...

Mr. President:

I shall post a poll on a Russia trade, soon. However, CoS I.b.1 requires that discussion be open for 24 hours, minimum, for a poll to be valid. When this discussion has been open for 24 hours, I will post the poll (about 5.5 hours from now).

I love the idea of a 0-turn chat to find all the possibilities.

Originally posted by donsig
What about just hiring that Babylonian worker? If he's got a machete he might be worth 30 or 40 gold...

I think workers usually go for 27 gold. ;)

Just a note to Associate Justices Peri and Bootstoots. A Judicial Review has been requested on this matter. Please refrain from commenting on this further, until the JR is completed.

Top Bottom