Civilization 3 Remixed !

jeyries

Chieftain
hello all,

I have written a small demo program called " Civilization 3 Remixed !" . I wanted to write a clone of Civ 3, ré-using the graphics data available with Civ 3, with my own rules .
If you want to give it a try , then download the last archive at :

CivilizationRemix_20040125.zip - NEW

please feel free to feed back in this forum,
I will be very happy to hear of new bugs or if it works, please detail the configuration (version of Civ3 , OS, PC )

regards,

Julien .

(there is a Readme.txt included in the archive)

if you want to report a bug , you can do the following :

open a shell, then execute :

CivilizationRemix.exe xxxx 1 > error.log

you will get a error.log file that will contain debug information

well,

it's only a demo for the moment ; only a small part of the Civ 3 rules are programmed
-- if possible i would like to have simplier rules , less micromanagement than in civ 3, but with good trade and diplomatic stuff

it is only multi-player (connect through TCP-IP, port 1977) ; it lacks an AI in order to play against the computer
-- I will shortly post a description of the protocol used between client and server, if someone want to write his own AI

it is written in Haskell language + SDL library
-- but any language (C, VB,..) can be used to program an AI, you just have to use the right protocol to discuss with the server

did it work on your platform / configuration ? what do you think from it ?

I downloaded, unzipped and tried both programs. The actual game itself did not work. The screen turned black for a moment, then my computer tried to load the A-drive. Then I tried the server and that made a dos-like window open, display some letters, etc, and then it closed.

I have Windows XP... is it not compatible?

look : here is a explanation on how to start the program. README.TXT

maybe it's a bug but then I need some more information to help your case (logfile etc ..)

Very interresing, this may be great! but what program are you using?

Top Bottom