Terrain graphics: Native american goody huts

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

Since I did the native american sailing ship, I thought that someone could need these in some scenario/mod about native americans.

So here is a goody hut set for the native americans (for north american tribes that is). I don't know if they are of any use, but here they are anyway ;)

preview of the most of the huts included

Attachments

• huts.zip
    11 KB · Views: 710
Excellent! Just today I've looked at all of your new unit graphics, and they are all of a very high standard -- very compatible with existing game graphics. Keep up the good work! :)

I'm glad you like them :)

If you have any suggestions to make them better, just let me know - or just feel free to edit them ;)

@Mobilize:
Do you mean longhouses or loghouses? Loghouse I understand, but what is a longhouse? A name for a certain kind of native house, or just a typo :p ?

A longhouse is the name used for the buildings and/or housing the Iroquois and other Northern and Eastern North American Natives Americans used. They were made up of a combination of logs, sticks, rocks, mud, and hides.

Aaglo, look at the graphics you made that were not teepees. Enlongate the buildings a lot (maybe 2-3 times as long), and voila, you hvae a longhouse.

Just out of curiousity;
What kind of other housing did the native americans live in (in addition to the teepee and longhouse)?

And now I notice i completely ignored the south americans. How did they live (prior to columbus&cortez&comp.)?

Some native tribes also lived in cave dwellings with adobe brick walls. Not sure how you would be able to implement that though since we can't specify a terrain type per goody hut.

I'm thinking of using those graphics as city graphics for the Sioux in my mod(1821 to 1915). I'm discarding normal american culture, since only the Sioux were native american(on my scenario), and the independent colonies on america were all european designed. The Sioux didn't had any actual cities, they were more nomads. So they'll only have those small aglomerations, with those graphics. when they reach modern era, I'll change to a medieval european or roman graphics.
What do y'all think?

One of those buildings looks like a metal silo. I don't think the Native Americans built shiny metal buildings. And over to the right, is that one of the shiny metal buildings that fell down? It looks like a pile of iron...

Aaglo you do good work.

Top Bottom