Civ3MultiTool - Now at Civfanatics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramphos

Emperor
[size=+2]This thread has moved.[/size]

The tool itself for copying structures of BIC files and with help of the editor shipped with civ3 create new add units, techs and so on.

Still in development.

Original verson edited out after 126 downloads.

If you want to run the Civilopedia Editor direct run c3mt.exe /pedia
If you want to run the Copy Tool direct run c3mt.exe /ct

Full Install (zipped 2.3 MB) (0.99) (ZIP at CFC)
Full Install (zipped 2.3 MB) (0.99) (EXE at Apolyton)

Small File
The latest version (0.99.1) is here Later than the full install
If you have successfully used earlier versions with the Civilopedia Editor and Unit Creation Wizard in it of this tool this file should do it. Otherwise download the Full install
You might have to place the c3mt.dll in your Windows\System, Windows\System32 or WinNT\System32 directory

You will also need a fixed buildings-small.pcx (Also needed with the full install)

Language files:
From version 0.91 is it possible to replace the infterface with other language-versions. Currently only German is availiable.

To install: Backup and replace the C3MT.TXT in the same ditrectory as C3MT.EXE with the textfile you want.
-----------------------------------------------------------
German

Note, these are no longer needed with v0.92.5+

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders
You can actually ad civ's here ,so you could play with 100 civ's? and 100 unit's ,... ? (and so on)
You can play with more units yes, but unfortnetly there is a limit to the game so that yo can't play with more then 16 civs. Anywa, tht doesn't stop you from adding more (21 tested, 32 is most likely the limit) civs to the playable mix. That way you can get a use for the random civ option.

Attachments

• addedcivs.jpg
    addedcivs.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 70,708
Thanks for the program, Gramphos. :goodjob: The ability to add 5 new civs to the game without removing existing ones is great!

Time to add the Vikings, Mongols, and the Carthagians back to the game! :viking:

Yeah, good job grampy...i've been following ur work in Apolyton foruns. I'll be sure to use it when i get the game... :(

Yes...like you i live in Europe...damn Infogrames :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hmmm, John A. is looking good. I am happy to see that Canada and Quebec were on the list even though you live in Sweden. Thanks!

Odd. When I tried to install it, the computer said I needed a file "COMDLG32.OCX." Anyone else get this?

Kant

Originally posted by Kant
Odd. When I tried to install it, the computer said I needed a file "COMDLG32.OCX." Anyone else get this?

Kant
You need some vb runtime. I'll see if I can fix that.
(When making an installer it will be to big (and harder to update))

Originally posted by Drynagolt
Hmmm, John A. is looking good. I am happy to see that Canada and Quebec were on the list even though you live in Sweden. Thanks!
Actually that shot and the civs added were were made by Willy (an apolyton user) with my tool and the game (As I don't have the game).

I'll post the required VBruntimes.
It will require 4 post, as I had to make the setup creator think it was 4 disks a 500 kB and then compress the diskdirectories.

Disk1 of 4

Use the Full Install
787 downloads

Version 0.51 (Yes I've added a verson number)

Changes under the hod. Easier to get a copied civ to work.

Old version removed after 88 downloads.

For some reason after i made a civ i cant load my saved games anymore is there a reason for this? The save games after i made the civ work but the ones before it keep saying that it has an error reading it.

Originally posted by Hoside
For some reason after i made a civ i cant load my saved games anymore is there a reason for this? The save games after i made the civ work but the ones before it keep saying that it has an error reading it.
I haven't looked into the save files yet, so I can't tell if there is a problem with adding a civ to load them. I'll ask some of my American friends to test that.

New is a possibility to export and import civs to the bics from another fileformat. Also an error with the copying if you had added any culture things has been fixed.

The new function is useful to copy a civ from one bic to another.

Removed after 217 downloads.

I copied a civ, (iriquois) and renamed it, set attributes, etc. I can play against the new civ, but not as the new civ. (civ.exe crash)

at the same time i copied the civ, i copied a unit, renamed the unit, and changed a couple of attributes. (worker to terrorist)

i used the latest version of you file version. no worky.

i appreciate the work, though, as i am a programmer myself.

just thought you'd want to hear about the bug.

win98 platform.

I've tried adding the new civs using you mod but I can't get it to add the new civs without replaceing old ones. How do I go about doing that. To only way I can use the new civs is by loading them through the scenarios option. How do I add them to the new game option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom