New unit: Empire Steam Tank

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi! Me again :mischief:

This time I didn't do a WH-unit for the dwarfs. I did a WH-unit for several 'nations'. The Empire steam tank.

Just don't worry about the death-sound. It's a joke (but goes quite nicely with the death.flc :lol: ).

This unit has not been tested in game, so if any problems occur, please inform about it :)

The files are
here .

Here is a demo of the following animations: default, fidget, run and fortify:

Here is a demo of the following animations: attackA (cannon), attackB (riffle) and attackFlame (a puny attempt to make the smaller weapon a flamethower):

Here is the demo of the death animation:

And here is the xl-version of the civilopedia image

Attachments

• steamtankxl.gif
    steamtankxl.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 4,762
You never disappoint.:)

Great Unit.:goodjob:

I love it. (and thanks for the flame attack.) :)

These units of yours are really tempting me. I have no logical place for them in MoM, but I would really like to add them.

Very nice! Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with it. :lol: Only two days from preview to the finished project. Speedy. :)

Looks lovely :D The death animation especially is quite masterful...And the attack looks even more great, with it being a little closer to the ground...

What to do with it:

Make it available with steam power (or ironclads in C3C), stats would be (8-4-2), costing 90 shields, requires iron & saltpeter to build, wheeled is true (no mountains or jungle), also cannot load onto ships, upgrades to tanks. A nice option for attacking riflemen, actually this would be a nice WWI tank.

Damn that was quick! Looks excellent. :goodjob: :thumbsup: :)

Originally posted by denyd
Make it available with steam power (or ironclads in C3C), stats would be (8-4-2), costing 90 shields, requires iron & saltpeter to build, wheeled is true (no mountains or jungle), also cannot load onto ships, upgrades to tanks.

Aroundandabouts what I was thinking, though the attack
may be a bit high... perhaps have it be an 0-4-2, wheeled, with
a sweet bombard,... 8.1.1 (?)/collateral damage,... replacing the
canon for....... Byzantium.

It's so sweet a unit I can't resist finding some place for it
in my flavor epic mod. :D

Aaglo = :cool:

Hey guys, I just found this fansite,..... and may I say you guys are great! I've been a civ adict for years and finding this site is a blessing. I've looked at most of the created units and I'm amazed, my favs are the steam tank and the tiger chopper, not to mention all Embryodead's fantasy units. You will here of me again, I'm thinking in getting into creating units.....
Keep up the good work

Ah the reliable technology of the Empire...

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM*

Very nice. I love the death anim.

Maybe I should actually play the empire for once... Or the dwarves. I never did beause they didn't have a bombing unit (dragon), but now with the Gyrocopter, that might have bombard... Embryodead, any idea when we can expect a new version? I'm eagerly anticipating it.

I usually play the high elves or the empire myself, so thanks for the addition aaglo! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I think this might go with some of the civs in my mod as a 4th era unit.

Love it! Not sure what I'll do with it yet, but I love it.

Top Bottom