Building Graphics: Academy & Burial Site

Ukas

Pthooey of Tomainia
Hello ppl! :D

Couple of buildings from the drawer, decided to finish them and send here - for a change. Greek Academy I was supposed to do for Kal's DyP and Stone Age Burial Site I did for my own project of which I don't remember anything except doing this. These two buildings don't have much in common except that they're ready for posting.

Academy

Burial Site

For people who are interested: Moved to a new city to do new stuff so been busy so far. I'm not promising anything, like I'm back as much I were about a year ago. You-now-what-place :devil2: is filled with good intentions but I'll most likely will spend more time here than I did about a month ago. Having said this I conclude: it's nice to be back. :D

Ukas

Very nice. :) Among your very best actually. I especially like the burial site.

You go, you come back, then you dissapear again, then you come back again... I thought you drowned while swimming in a Finnish lake or something :)

Good to have you back. Great stuff.

Welcome back, Ukas! I've always been a fan of your style of artwork. This is great! Thank you.

Actually, I have a bit of a request in fact... I was wondering if you might be willing to make the Civ3 graphics for the buildings like yours? That might be too much work, but I prefer your style, and I think that it'd be nice to have them all look the same.

Now I'm getting outnumbered by the Finns again. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, and this time we're going to get the Finns in Yoda's MEM!! :lol:

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
I was wondering if you might be willing to make the Civ3 graphics for the buildings like yours?

you mean city view graphics?

Originally posted by Ukas
Yeah, and this time we're going to get the Finns in Yoda's MEM!! :lol:
Embryodead is in charge of the MEM now, and he already decided on the civs:p

Oh btw I forgot to mention that those buildings are nice:goodjob:

I like both buildings. The burial site's quite different, and I'm thinking of using this as an early culture-boosting small wonder. There are plenty of science-boosting improvement/wonders out there, but the academy is one of the best graphically IMHO.

I like the burial site one myself, but both may be useful to my mod.

Ukas, I mean take the graphics from the original Civ3 buildings (Walls, Aqueduct, etc.) and give them that same sort of painted look that you have with your other building graphics. I think that these are only for the civilopedia, no?

Anyway, I think that'd be great, but if it'd be too much work, I understand. And I assume you probably wouldn't be able to do the latest buildings by Firaxis and Atari since that'd be a copyright violation, but I'd love to see the vanilla improvements redone.

Again, thanks everyone :D

Dom Pedro II: Sometimes I'm thinking of doing new graphics for them, I can draw new ones as fast or slow I can repaint old ones. And there would be no copyright issues. But I prefer to draw new ones, so I'm not promising. There are only few buildings I don't like in vanilla, but nice to know someone likes my "style" better. Perhaps I'll make new versions of e.g. european cathedral and industrial bank which are not my favorites.

The Burial Site is just so lovely.... Will use it personally as a early happiness boost. Cheap to build, and no upkeep costs.

But have you considered it to be era specific aswell? Would be great if it turned into a cemetary in the industrial age....

Top Bottom