New unit: Flying Castle

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

This is as fantasy as they come (again). A flying castle by aaglo and Vuldacon - I think you won't be seeing these in real life - or atleast in real use in real life. This unit has only magical attacks. "Why is that so?" you may ask. Well, if a wizard of such power, who can lift a castle from the ground, has to rely on such mundane things as arrows and catapults, he/she wouldn't even have the power to raise a castle from the ground :lol:

The unit model and most of the animations are done by aaglo - the unit sounds, fidget & updated run animations, ini-files and the user-friendly readme are done by Vuldacon (muchos gracias)

This unit can be used as a ground unit or as an air unit (with a funky bombard animation :D ) - see the readme- and ini-files for more information.

Download the animation files!

Updates!
Vuldacon's updates announcement post
Updates made by Vuldacon

Animation previews: Default (which is also the run-animation), AttackA, AttackB and Death

And here's the civilopedia image (in gif-format)

Attachments

• flyingcastlelarge.gif
    flyingcastlelarge.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 6,032
And maybe two other city sizes as well? :lol:

Castle looks great. It really came a long way from the first preview that itself, was already very good. However, I think I would've preferred a more majestical death anim, slowly keeling with the whole thing crumbling into pieces as the magic keeping it together ceases to work. It's no biggie though, upside down thingy is fun too. :)

[dance] Happy Day! :lol:

Perfect, aaglo! Stunning!!! Thank-you.:goodjob:

@mrtn

It's in the works, but tjedge1's is probably closer to completion.

I haven't ruled out the possibility of adding this into MoM, so there may be one mod with it in the near future :) I just have some trouble with its stats. What kind of an unit should this be? A bombardment unit with a defense value?

Originally posted by embryodead
yeah, very good :) I also think that city graphics are good idea.
Yeah, e g those "High" men/dwarves in LOTM.

Did you even think about the people that died in that castle when it collapsed upside down? HA? DID YOU AAGLO? So inconsiderate...

:lol: It's superb. Typical. :worship:

I just wish that units could create caters when they died, too, though.

I'm alittle over half way with my mod, but the laptop is coming! As soon as I get that baby, I will be able to quadruple my worktime on the mod, since I can take to work and they make me take a full hour lunch and 2 breaks totaling out at 35 minutes and then I'm always a 1/2 hr early. That isn't including the time at home when my wife drags me screaming from my personal office. :cry:

All these great units coming out by aaglo and embryodead, not to mention the special request that Kinboat is doing for me, I'm beginning to get impatient on waiting to finish my mod. :rotfl:

BTW: :thumbsup::thumbsup:, too bad I'm not a mutant or I'd giving you a dozen more of those. :mutant:

I just had an idea. I don't know if this was what you were after with the city graphics idea, but this castle here could use a city building animation i.e. planting itself to the ground. I'm not going to use it that way, but wouldn't it be the coolest thing if this thing planted itsef to the ground resulting in an exactly same looking town?

Top Bottom