Civ-Perisa

Roster:
Conehead234
Gozpel
Ankka
Denyd
grahamiam

All set here.

I'm interested in either a scientific or industrious choice (or both Ottoman/Persian). The Germans or Greeks would be good. I'm not really a fan of the expansionist trait (although I like scouts popping huts).

I'd like either a Panagea or Continents world on a standard size map with 6-8 opponents.

None of these are must haves and other choices would be fine.

For a fun variant you might want to start the game using Snoopy's Graphics package.

conehead , you ended the other game and now you want to start this one? That's 2 set of turns in a row, mate :)

Fair enough! Let's do another continent game (anyone remember Affirmative's map settings? Was it 200 x 100?)

I also would like to play Persians, we seem to been fighting them for a couple of months now, so just let's us see what those Immortals can do for us.

I'm ready when you are :)

Btw, Wizard is now renamed to Ankka (means duck in Finnish)

Generated the map, posted in the first post. I did not use the editor but we are using snoopy's terrian.

Good starting spot!

I suggest to move the worker to the cow before settling, just to check out a few more tiles.

Everything random you say, it will be interesting to see how the barbs...if we get raging there will be some trouble with only 5 cities :)

I agree with Gozpel on moving the worker first, but also check that you aren't on a bonus grassland (I hate to waste those).

I suggest checking who a opponents are (F10). If none (or only 1) are expansionist, then pottery at max science, if not then alphabet (if no/few commercial AI) or iron working. It will be tough to out science the AI at diety, so unless we think we've got a must have tech, it's probably better to use the minimum science gambit. Probably a few warriors for scouting before settling into granary & 3/4 settlers, then Persepolis becomes a worker farm. Pasagarde (2nd city) should probably be the high shield city for a barracks then lots of veteran warriors (future Immortals). It's a must to claim iron with 1 of our cities, so no more that 4 until we know were the closest is.

Good luck on the start, I'll keep busy with GOTM 29 and GOTM 14 SG until my turn pops up.

I will start the turns tonight, any other pregame thoughts,
Where is Affirmitive, Everyone fine with the order

Affirmitive's latest post was the 18th of Feb, dunno what's going on.

When it comes to research -> what denyd said :)

1-move worker to cow, reveal 2 more BG, settle on spot, reveals another cow we will get after borders expand, after checking F10, i decide to go for Iron

working, 20% science

2- worker starts iragating cow

3-zzz

4- starts to road cow,

5-zzz

6-road done, warrior built, set to another warrior, warrior starts to explore

7-Persepolis grows lux to 10%, worker starts mining BG,

8- exploring

IT- English scout appears near our territory, warrior built set to warrior.

9- england has 2 cities (including capital), up Alpha, Pottery, and CB, 35 gold, Lacking Bronze and Masonry, Trade Masonry, 18 gold for Pottery, CB. One of our warriors finds a Babylonian spear, We are more advanced than them and they have 3 workers we can buy, Trade Pottery, Masonry for 2 workers and 10 gold, Because they will contact england soon.

IT- mine and road on BG completes
10- movements

11-movements, trade BW to england for 53 gold, england Will probaby contact the babs next turn and The babs would sell BW to them.

IT- warrior built, set to Granary,

12- movements spot Bab border

13-movements

14-workers work, warriors explore, enland and Babs both have warrior code and

Alphabet,
IT-Persepolis grows, lux to 20%
15-contact spain by the Babs, Buy Alphabet from them for Masonry and 22 gold,

spot silks to the north, we need to grab those
IT- Babs settle Niniveh
16- movements, england has Mysticism

17-movements

18-find england's borders
IT-Persepolis grows lux to 30%
19- movements

20-movements, spot Spanish border

Granary due next turn we need to grab those silks, Persepolis has a total of 6 BG in it's borders, plus 2 cows. After granary I suggust a warrior then settler and settle maybe near the silks. Since I bought those workers off the Babs we can improve the terrian quick

Gozpel your up

SAVE

Excellant trading job. Great starting location. The next couple of guys need to get granary and settlers pouring from the capital. Those 2 cows & all the BG should make a 4 turn settler factory a cinch. The extra workers should be able to get roads to future city sites to save a couple of movement turns.

England is probably our first target for acquisition. Babylon & Spain don't seem to be as aggressive. Remember that Diety AI start with 2 settlers, 2 workers and 8 other units (I think it's 8), so we'll need to have 10+ Immortals available to begin the first war.

Again very nice start Conehead234

Yep, great start conehead and my job will be to set up a couple cities. One will be by the floodplains for sure, but that won't be a perfect fit, if we want to reach those spices. But we need them and some stretch will be needed. At least floodplains are great, when we only can build 5 cities.

I will check out the western area as well with a warrior...is that forest or jungle? I'm not used to those graphics, so I can't tell.

A couple of other later city sites should be NNE of Persepolis and SW somewhere too, we will need at least one coastal city.

And I got it.

It is a mix of Jungles and forest, Be sure to check our capital everytime it grows for Rioting.

Yep, every new citizen is already mad at us, so beware!

And what victory are we going for?

The Save

Pre-turn - Teleportation ON. Look around the map and that green stuff W of town is indeed jungle. Everything looks good.

2950 bc - Persepolis granary - settler. Workers starts mining and roading BG.

2900 bc- Bab spear moves away from our city and I send out warrior to scout W. Warrior N steps up to GH. Luxtax 40%.

2850 bc - MM Persepolis so settler will be finished next turn. With both cows irrigated we have nice choices regarding foods and shields. The roading workers are done and finish the mine, the free worker to road NW of town. Warrior gets 25g from GH.
Check diplo, England now knows the Wheel, as well as Myst and WC. They must having a good time with goodyhuts. Spain and Babs are only up WC on us. I buy a worker from Spain for 115g and Isabella goes from annoyed to cauthious.

2800 bc - Persepolis settler - warrior. Warrior W of town steps up on mountain and spots dyes in the jungle. Settler is sent there. Scouting warriors finds nothing.

2750 bc - I notice if one cow had been mined Persepolis would be up to 10 shields now, I hate to use 9 shields for warriors. But I still like the setup, since we can use a couple of forests for a turn if we want to and still have plenty of food. I use the unmined goldhill to claim 2 extra gold.

2710 bc - Persepolis warrior - settler. Warrior W finds another dye and discovers Babs borders close by, but we can settler without interfering with their plans.

2670 bc - IT - England start building the Oracle and Babs the Pyramids.
Nothing interesting happens, except that Lizzy is annoyed with us for some reason.

2630 bc - Pasgadae founded - warrior. 3 workers near to clear jungle.

2590 bc - Persepolis settler - warrior. I slow down growth to get a couple of one turn warriors (still growth in 3). Settler pair sent towards silks.

2550 bc - Persepolis warrior - warrior. He is sent NE to check out that area.
Settler pair is on goto to my chosen site, which will have the silks withing borders after expansion.

Next player, change citizen from forest after next warrior, so the city grows the turn after.

No change is diplo status, except that Babs knows Myst too now. We have 10 turns left to IW.
We have 110g and make 7gpt atm.

X marks the spot for possible future city sites.

Ok, got it, propably playing tomorrow.

Is this on PTW?

And anything I should remember?

Top Bottom