• Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Please choose amonst the following settlement sites. This is a multi-choice poll, so select all sites that you want to be settled as an immediate priority.

Eastern map:

Western map:

Discussion thread

This poll is scheduled to run for 48 hours, however the results shortly before the turn chat will be used to determine the selected sites.

Thank you, thank you very much,
-- Ministry of Internal Affairs Real Estate Department

The Ministry of Internal Affairs recommends that the Citizens of Fanatica vote for sites A, B, Z and W. These sites provide immediate and needed security of our borders. A and B will seal off our Eastern border from Russia and Babylon. Z and W will help seal off the Wester border, except for a soon to be founded (and eventually captured!) Egyptian city.

-- Ravensfire, Minister of Internal Affairs

As Fanatican citizen and Governor of Audiac, I am in favor of A, Z, and W, but strongly opposed to B, X, and Y for reasons given in the discussion thread.

I double ravensfire recommendation of A, Z , W and B. I already suggested to close the east border with 2-3 towns but that idea did not get too many reply's

-- Krabius, Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs.

To all those who voted X or Y:

Please note that to the very best of my prediction, this will be impossible, because Egypt will settle E of the current settler position and block X.

If Egypt settles where they are (very unlikely; they go for the wines) Y will be impossible. If they move, Y will have a heavy overlap with the core territory of the Egyptian city, something we should avoid.

Question: If X and Y are not feasible (see above), are the votes "lost" or carry over to the other western locations Z and W to be decided by the DP (which I would favor)?

IMHO, Sites Y and Z are horrible... And, there's a glaring gap NW of the capital.

Originally posted by Chieftess
IMHO, Sites Y and Z are horrible... And, there's a glaring gap NW of the capital.
I agree on you w.r.t. Y.

I advocate Z (and W), because it prevents further Egyptian/Greek settlements.

In the discussion, I suggested the magenta site NW of the capital, but that location can be settled on short notice if foreigners arrive. If necessary even by a settler hurried in Vandelay. But maybe that again is to complex for a demogame .....

Just building cities isn't gonna stop them from settling. The AI will move right past those cities and settle next to our capital if they want to.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Just building cities isn't gonna stop them from settling. The AI will move right past those cities and settle next to our capital if they want to.
Sorry, but the second sentence is plain wrong. The AI will not settle anywhere with the borders touching existing cities. And as I said before, we should be able to fill the magenta spot with a settler faster than the Egyptians reach it walking from the coast.

Top Bottom