New Unit: Roman Army 3/21/04

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
My Roman Legion unit with a few changes and carrying a standard. This bearer (known as an Aquilus for the golden eagle on the top of the pole) is designed to be an Army unit... Tested in game and it seems to work :D

One problem... The colors aren't as great as most of my units, mostly because the available colors are cut down by 4 more rows by the Standard markings telling you how many units are loaded.

File:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Roman_Army.zip

Preview:

awesome :D

Not sure how useful it's gonna be, but it does look great. As a request, any chance of adapting that model and giving it a bow instead of a standard?

Looks good. I don't know how I'd use it.. but I still like it. However, it needs more color and all those neon colors on the pole kind of confuse me as well. Oh well. Still a nice unit.

Those colors are part of it being an Army unit... When it doesn't have any units loaded into it those will show as civ-colored... For each unit loaded into the Army one of those dots will turn white. The palette for the Armies are slightly different from the normal as there are 4 rows taken up by those neon colors that tell the game which spots to turn white when a unit is loaded... So my options for colors are severely limited :)

WOWZERS 1,000th POST

Oh I see.. thanks for clearing that up for me. I never have used an army in ancient or medieval times.. always in industrial or modern times. Well I'm gonna download it and check it out in the game. :)

Even if you can't, I'm going to use this for Rise of Rome.

more then likelly, they have not fixed it- as it is, any armies made via the ability granted by the military acadmay for a civ will be civ specific (if a specific unit exists for that civ), but any GL army made will be made as the standard army- one way to alliviate this, for th eplayer at least, would eb to bring the GL you want to make an army with back to you cap, and provided you have the MA, just rush it

Top Bottom