Colombo's discovery

Rufus T. Firefly

Rufus is coming in town!
On October 12, 1492 my great compatriot Cristoforo Colombo had discovered a New World, that another my compatriot navigator, Amerigo Vespucci, recognized that it is a new continent, called America in his honour.

This is the Colombo disembarkation on San Salvador (the actual Watling isle on Bahamas).

Use it as navigation wonder, builds caravel or increments naval point...

Land, land, LAAAAAAAND!

Preview:

Splash:

File:

Attachments

• columbus.zip
    81.8 KB · Views: 431
Buetiful Spash, great idea!

...first post!

Moderator Action: Around here, "first post" is not usually a big deal. But if you insist on *bragging* about it, at least edit it into your original post, rather than make a whole separate post for it. :rolleyes: --Padma
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Nice wonder idea ;)

Altough, there's one small error in the preview: All the colombo's ships were rigged with square sails when he reached america (Niña and Pinta were originally rigged with lateen sails though)...

or atleast that's what I've read from books :mischief: ...

Originally posted by aaglo
Nice wonder idea ;)

Altough, there's one small error in the preview: All the colombo's ships were rigged with square sails when he reached america (Niña and Pinta were originally rigged with lateen sails though)...

or atleast that's what I've read from books :mischief: ...

I have used this image: the Nina has the lateen sails. I think that this small errors can be not too important for the discovery... :)

Rufus-
Yep, Niña had lateen sails, when they left europe. But it was re-rigged to square sails in the canary islands, before they crossed the atlantic... It's not a biggie though ;)

Originally posted by Smoking mirror
HAHAHAHHA!!! :D

Do you mean columbus? Colombo is a TV detective with a grubby mac and a glass eye. (Peter Faulk)

Nice graphics by the way.

I known who's tenent (and not detective) Colombo. BTW, have you ever earn about naturalization of name? If the french Descartes is known as Cartesium and german Martin Luther is Luter, italian Cristoforo Colombo is Cristopher Columbus (known as Cristobal Colòn in Spain). Take a look on C3C Age of Discovery: on Spain leaders there is him and in Portugal another italian: Amerigo Vespucci (wrote as Americo Vespucio, AAAARGH!)

Originally posted by aaglo
Rufus-
Yep, Niña had lateen sails, when they left europe. But it was re-rigged to square sails in the canary islands, before they crossed the atlantic... It's not a biggie though ;)

Oh, this is not true. Granfather of my grandfather of my grandfather of my grandfather of my grandfather of my grandfather, who was over the Pinta, said to me that Nina had lateen sails when it arrived on New World... ;)

I had a laugh when I saw the thread title - I know "Columbo" is the Spanish spelling, but when I saw the thread "Colombo's Discovery" I thought maybe he finally found his matches!

Cheers, anyway, its amazing that this was never a wonder already. As if Darwin's voyage ranks more important than Columbus, lol.

Although bumping old threads is a no no, I was looking for this. :DI'll have it produce a Mesoamerican Unit ever five turns or so in the GEAM

Nice graphics and splash. Although I absolutely hate Christopher Columbus, I might still use this for the 31 Other Civilizations Mod.

Edit: Heh.. I thought this was new.. oh well. I can care less.

And there was me looking forward to seeing a scruffy man in a mac raincoat turning around and saying "There's just one more thing..."

Mobilize said:
Although I absolutely hate Christopher Columbus, I might still use this for the 31 Other Civilizations Mod.

Me too ... but I can't think of any other single event that changed the world so much ...

Top Bottom