New unit: Medieval bombard

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

This was a quick test to make a medieval-looking bombard. It turned out quite fun, I think :) - Looks a bit like an over-sized ship cannon to me :p

Bombard files

Animations:

Civilopedia image /w transparency attached

Attachments

• bombardlargedemo.gif
    bombardlargedemo.gif
    6 KB · Views: 3,564
Looks good. I especially like the death. :lol:

Just one gripe: his strenght feels a bit superhuman. I mean, he handles a recoil of a cannon without moving an inch... But like I said - a minor gripe. :)

Boy that was quick! Fun unit.
Can you do horses in Pov-ray, aaglo? He he he... :satan:

:lol: I posted in the creation thread before checking here.

Looks great aaglo! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

looks like a grade A ROman replacemetn for the cannon to me ;)

That death animation is great! I love it. Yet another fantastic job, aaglo!!!

I just saw the preview for it this morning and now you are done. I have to say, all your animations are 1st class and fantastic. I am looking so forward to the WH 2 mod, primarily to see your creations at work.

Again, a fantastic looking unit.

BTW: What's next? Something fantastic, medieval, modern? Or are you fishing for ideas?

my 2 cents.

Yes, Another Fun Unit...I find myself looking to find the Crossbones, his Eye Patch and Earrings:lol: Then I would call him a "Land Pirate"
This unit will look very appropriate disembarking from a Ship, "Captain, He has taken the Cannon Again"!:lol: :goodjob:

Nice job. :goodjob:

I will make this available with Gunpowder and allow it to upgrade to the Firaxis cannon upon Metallurgy.

Great Unit! I'll be putting this into my mod.
:)

I needed this unit so much I was thinking of making it myself. Thanks!

Looks good, like nearly every aaglo unit. But :D I think the canon could be a little larger (the wheeles are okay, only the wooden gun carriage and the muzzle itself could be scaled up.) Oh and then IMHO the yellowisch rings could be grey too. ;)

Top Bottom