New unit: Medieval Mortar!

aaglo

Furioso!
The precessor (?) of the medieval bombard - a bit heavier and clumsier mortar. Any similarities with previous units seen before here are completely accidental :mischief: ;) :p

The files for mortar

Animations:

Civilopedia with a twist (meaning 'transparency')

Attachments

• mortarlarge.gif
    mortarlarge.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 4,123
I guess it ought to come with Gunpowder.

But statwise, Trebuchets and Cannon are already very close (6.1.1 vs 8.1.1), so I don't think it makes much sense to add this to the Epic game.

Good for mods and scens, tho. And beautiful unit as we've come to expect from aaglo. :goodjob:

Great job. :) I don't mind the similarities between the two units - it gives them continuity.

Already finished? This is so great! :D

About the mortar: I think this design was the actual first siege cannon.

Originally posted by The Last Conformist
But statwise, Trebuchets and Cannon are already very close (6.1.1 vs 8.1.1), so I don't think it makes much sense to add this to the Epic game.

Wot? You haven't modded yours? Fits into mine perfectly. First gun, range two but not that effective, Field cannon will be more effective but w only 1 range.

ancient:
ballista - catapult - fire catapult - trebuchet
medieval:
mortar & field cannon (fc bit later) -heavy cannon & horse arty -
industrial:
howitzer & artillery - towed arty - Self-Propelled Arty - Heavy Gun & railroad gun - rocket launcher - heavy spa
modern:
-AMV SPA(amphibious) & radar arty - misl launcer - modern rocket launcher

And if anyone has ideas...

isnt that one of the French Cannons used in the American Revolution?

That was fast aaglo! Thanks it looks really cool. :cooool:

Both these units are great Aaglo... I just love these Elven artillery units ;)

But... people become stiff, when they die... :p ;)

nah, he's just wearing a studded leather armor, which is four sizes too small for him (and thus making him stiff like he'd swallowed a spear ;) )

I Like the fact that he becomes rather stiff as he Bounces during the Death Animation...I think it animates a Startled Affect and the Rigidity that would take place if a Mortar like that Blew Up right in front of the person pushing it. I mean, who would be relaxed if this happened? :lol: Love these Bombard Units aaglo...Great to use in the Game.

I use this thing as an upgrade for the Catapult (which lasts way too long anyway) at Gunpowder, requring Saltpeter and with a slightly higher bombard than Catapults. Musketmen come in in a different tech., Musket, which comes afterwards. This is more accurate, because it was a while after the discovery/invention of gunpowder that Muskets started being used, and that cannons etc. were used way beforehand. In normal Civ3, the Catapult can still be built when there are Musketmen everywhere.

You obviously don't have Conquests yet, do you? Sid and his guys added the Trebuchet as an upgrade for the Catapult at Engineering.

Top Bottom