GOTM 29: Results & Congratulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
GOTM 29 Results are available here!

This month, it was again very close at the top - less than 800 Jason Points separated to top 6 players! This month's winner was Adel, with a early Domination Victory in 420 AD, earning 11814 Jason point. Drazek was 70 years later (a few turns!) with a 490 AD Domination Victory, earning 11581 Jason points (in a predator game!). HighDesert came a consistent third, with the fastest conquest victory - winning in 630 AD with 11286 Jason Points.

Summary Of Medal Winners:

- Adel: Domination Victory in 420 AD, 11814 Jason Points.

- Drazek: Domination Victory in 490 AD, 11581 Jason Points.

- HighDesert: Conquest Victory in 630 AD, 11286 Jason Points.

Other Award Winners:

- Kuningas - 2050 AD Histographic Victory, 10206 Jason Points

- MarkCutt - 1745 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 9444 Jason point

- Frosties - 1515 AD Diplomatic Victory, 6184 Jason Points

- Platfoot - 1792 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 5745 Jason Points

- FrankTheMan - 1790 AD Conquest Victory, 5769 Jason Points

- free-b 1918 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 4499 Jason points

- Sabre - 1620 AD Spaceship Victory, 7357 Jason Points.

- Aobaki - 1995 AD Domination Victory, 3338 Jason Points.

- Gnat - 1910 AD Diplomatic Victory, 2231 Jason Points

- UTBear 2050 AD Histographic Loss, 2028 Jason Points

- mrfurious - 2032 AD, Spaceship Victory, 1823 Jason Points.

- Arphahat 1952 AD Domination Loss, 400 Jason Points.

Well-done to all winners! :)

If you notice any errors / omissions or have any questions, then please PM me.

Woohoo :band:, I got a top 10 finish (just). Apologies to smackster/Offa. That was pretty close!

I am honored to receive the Red Ambulance award. I would like to thank everyone who made this possible.... hmmm... it seems it was mostly me I should be thanking, here. :lol:

Although, now for my official excuse: I had really just started seriously playing PTW about a week before I discovered the game of the month and was only playing at Warlord level. Playing at Monarch was a little bit above my abilities at the time, but I am definately ready now. My goal for GOTM 30 is to not win the Red Ambulance. ;)

I take back my thoughts from last month: mad-bax isn't running with the big dogs, he is a big dog. Guess your time away from GOTM was well spent. Coming back to an 8th and a 6th with a medal to boot. Impressive.

I think tim was robbed of the space ship medal. True?

@Arphahat, I got the Red Ambulance award last month. It looks like there wasn't much competition for that award this month, I had to get Jason score of 80 to win it, and you managed it with the rather high score of 400 ;).

And, that is really what I was trying for. I wanted to get the highest score possible and STILL win the Red Ambulance. Yeah, that's the ticket.:lol:

Originally posted by ControlFreak
I think tim was robbed of the space ship medal. True?
You don't get the good medals if you play at Conquest level :p

Originally posted by AlanH
You don't get the good medals if you play at Conquest level :p
Oh Right. Not used to seeing blue at No. 19. Guess tim won't get to play that again.;)

So does Sabre miss out then because he got beat by tim, and tim miss out because he went conquest. No spaceship medal?

Well spotted! I'll check out the medal allocation when I can get to the code. I think Sabre should prolly get the medal. If so it'll be on the board later today.

Strictly speaking tim is a fraction outside the top 25%, so s/he *could* play Conquest again, but that wouldn't be my advice ;)

Why aren't the global rankings updated?:( Just kidding :D Excellent effort in getting the results out so quickly :goodjob:
Nice to see you back C.F. :) Yes Mad-Bax seems to have developed into a cultured 700lb gorilla - I think I will be avoiding that victory condition in the same way that I avoid whatever victory Sir Pleb is going for, in the hope that it will be easier to score a cartouche knick-knack:)

Our results again are not present in the table.
Assura has account Jason Score 10498. I (EsatP) only 9280.
Reloads on such map are not necessary. Strategy are not present in general. We build 10 city next armies and forward are farther. 10 knights always captures capitol, 5 knights any city. Have taken city, had a rest, have suppressed resistance - the following city. The city to the opponent has returned - have returned armies - have returned city. All is simple and clear.

Originally posted by ControlFreak
So it's 25% now and not 50%?
Just checked, and you're memory is much better than mine. Yes, it's 50%, so tim should be playing Open or Predator from now on.

Originally posted by samildanach
Why aren't the global rankings updated?
'Cos I'm at work. Watch this space.;)

Originally posted by samildanach
Yes Mad-Bax seems to have developed into a cultured 700lb gorilla -

It's just the way I walk.

I've improved by playing SG's with brilliant players, but I haven't improved as much as it appears. Normal service will be resumed shortly...

My personal congratulations go to Mark Cutt for taking another step towards his goal of winning all the awards. :goodjob:

Top Bottom