New Units: Native Americans 4/7/04

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
3 more Native American units... The ones that I posted previews for ages ago... Sorry for the time lag :D

Native Warrior (basic warrior replacement for the Northern Tribes)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Native_Warrior.zip

Preview

Iroquois Archer (Archer replacement I suppose)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Iroquois_Archer.zip

Preview

Iroquois Brave (since I've already done warrior and swordsman replacements this could be either a specific Iroquois warrior or maybe a Medieval Infantry replacement for all the North American Tribes)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads7/Iroquois_Brave.zip

Preview

Excellent work.

Wow you actually finished these:thumbsup:

BTW what can we expect in the future?

awesome! that archer is suprb!

Originally posted by Xen
awesome! that archer is suprb!
Although he's holding his bow vertically, like a European, instead of horizontally, like an American. :)

GREAT UNITS!!!!!

(Was that Iroquois "swordsman" ever made, with that wicked looking last-of-the-mohicans-style club thing? Or did it never leave Kal-elian sketch form?)

Edit: don't mean to nitpick (further), but the handle on the Native Warrior's tomahawk looks pretty rubbery to me. Sort of like the Panda's bamboo staff. Is that intentional, or am I hallucinating?

Mithadan:
do you mean the handle below the hand? That's the leather strap hanging from the handle (not the handle itself ;) )

Oh yes, these are very good looking unit, KB :thumbsup:

No, I mean above the hand. It looks as if the hatchet-head is lagging behind it's own handle, and then boucnes forward at the end of the swing. Am I seeing things? I'm going to look at it in flicster...

Originally posted by Mithadan
No, I mean above the hand. It looks as if the hatchet-head is lagging behind it's own handle, and then boucnes forward at the end of the swing. Am I seeing things? I'm going to look at it in flicster...

I think its perhaps an optical illusion caused by the leather strap below tha hand?

Great job Kinboat these will go great with the spearman and swordsman you did a while back!

:goodjob:

@Mithadan

Kinboat did an incredible native spearman and swordsman back in November:

The thread would be here

The swordsman has a wicked weapon, I don't know if thats the one but its awesome all the same

Originally posted by kemal69
I think its perhaps an optical illusion caused by the leather strap below tha hand?
Yes, I've slowed it down in flicster (how do I make storyboards to look at each frame in still?), and I think you're right. It is an optical illusion caused by the dangly thong thing.

And thanks for the link, that's precisely what I was thinking of!

Just out of curiosity: Are these actually true *Iroquois* units, are they from some other nation (aka tribe, but nation is the preferred term), or just generic/fictionalized Native Americans? That's not a loaded question, I just want to know what to call them :) I don't want to call the unit "Iroquois Archer" if it's actually based off a Mohican (or whatever).

Awesome, more units. These will go into my Atruaghin civ in the mod and maybe use some for Thoth-Ath. Great work Kinboat.

Originally posted by Zurai
Just out of curiosity: Are these actually true *Iroquois* units, are they from some other nation (aka tribe, but nation is the preferred term), or just generic/fictionalized Native Americans? That's not a loaded question, I just want to know what to call them :) I don't want to call the unit "Iroquois Archer" if it's actually based off a Mohican (or whatever).
Why dont you just call it 'Archer'?

I'm not really sure of the nation specific accuracy of the Archer... Some people in the preview thread a while back complained about the Iroquois title and thought it would be more suited to the Plains region. I'm fairly sure of the Iroquois Brave's title though. And since the Archer was intended to replace the Archer for all Native Americans you could just call it Native Archer to fit in with my naming of the other North American units.

Mithadan:
If you load it in FLICster you can then go to the export tab and export it into a Storyboard... Then look in the FLICster folder in that unit's folder.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Why dont you just call it 'Archer'?

Because you can't have two units in the editor with the same name. My personal mod has lots and lots of flavor units - as many high quality ones as I can find for each civ/culture group. So, I'm keeping the Archer as a generic unit, and this one will be a Native Archer (or something), for the American Indians civ.

Kinboat: Thanks for the answer :) Iroquois Brave it is, and I'll figure something out for the generic guys :)

Top Bottom