Civ3MM - Civilization III Mode Maker

Cyber Dreyk

Master of illusions
Civ3MM is a step forward on the way to creation scenarios for the Civilization® III.

The Civ3MM is a multifunctional MFC application, which allows creating and/or modifying scenarios.
It’s allows to make collections of the units, improvements and wonders, resources, technologies and races. Civ3MM uses the XML document format and can stored information about hundreds such items.
Created collections can be used to easy make new or change existent game scenarios.

Note: During installation you should confirm to replace all files in case duplication.

This thread is closed! Please, visit the following thread:
Civ3MMToolkit - Civilization III Mode Makers Toolkit

Civ3MM & Civ3FlcEdit is removed
DLLs for Civ3MM v.1,0 is removed.
Civ3MM v.1,0,1,45 is removed.
Civ3MM v.1,0,1,50 is removed.
Civ3MM v.1,0,1,60 is removed.

Changes list:

v.1,1,2,62
- Minor changes and bug fixes.

v.1,0,1,60
- Added accelerators support for Dialog Bar tree view.
- Updated CIV3MM.chm HTML help file.
- Fixed minor bugs.
- Added "Select FLC editor" dialog box.
- Changed UI for Unit view - added "View/Edit" button to view/edit FLC files.
- Added sound (AMB) preview to the Unit INI tab sheet.
- Changed UI for PCX tab sheets - added "Edit" button to edit PCX files.
- Fixed bug with "Select image" open file dialog box, reported by Aluminium (Only the first selected image loads. If you try to select the next image, it appears the path of the first one.).
- Added "Select image editor" dialog box.
- Changed UI for Units, Imp./Wonders and Resources views - added "Edit" button to edit PCX files.
- Changed Unit INI tab sheet:
Added static animation preview to the "Select animation file" open file dialog.
Added static animation preview.
Added sound (WAV) preview.
- Fixed bug with list control checkboxes (they were uncheckable).
- Added *.FLC file format support for "Select image" open file dialog box.

v.1,0,1,50
- Fixed problem with incorrect version definition of the Script.txt in non-English versions.
- Updated CIV3MM.chm HTML help file.
- Fixed bug: When "Load last opened document" option is checked but document isn't exist.
- Added "Copy" option to the items view. Now it's possible to copy an existent item with all parameters.
- Changed GUI of the items view.
- Changed internal functionality of the "Import from other Document" dialog box.

Thanks a lot to all guys who've make new units, any sort of graphics, maps, modes and utilities.
These works induce me to write Civ3MM in the hope of make your (and my) life slightly easier.

Thanks to those who will use Civ3MM and help me with bug fixing (expected a lot of big and fat bugs).

Tutorials:
How to make new units and add them to the scenario file

sounds quite interesting:).
but why don't you upload here the beta-version? we could help you finding bugs from the very begining...

(CG)Mendax

Sounds interestiong. Something I wanted to make a long time ago, but never had the time to do ;)

Originally posted by Mendax
sounds quite interesting:).
but why don't you upload here the beta-version? we could help you finding bugs from the very begining...

(CG)Mendax

Thank you, Mendax! :)

I think that it's better to upload 100% complited beta-version with HTML help support.
I'm afraid that Civ3MM can be qite difficult to understanding without help. ;)

But I'm sure that app still contain a lot of bugs and hope that you will help with bugs fixing when it will be uploaded.

Originally posted by Gramphos
Sounds interestiong. Something I wanted to make a long time ago, but never had the time to do ;)

I hope you'll have a bit more time after Civ3MM will realized. ;)

Originally posted by Cyber Dreyk
I hope you'll have a bit more time after Civ3MM will realized. ;)
Of cource every utility that does sometihng I wanted to add to C3MT makes my todo list shorter. On the other hand sometimes it doesn't stop me (I remember when starting my SGE coding, there were already two SGEs my the time, but I thought I had worked so mush on the save format that I wanted to realize something of it, and now my SGE is the only SGE, but it isn't working as good as I want it too, so you can feel safe that I won't steal your idea (other that what already is in C3CT in form of exporing and importing rules))

Gramphos, your C3CT is great!
My favorite is Civilopedia editor. :) It's really VERY useful utility and your reach edit quite good.
I have planned to add something like that in one of the next version of Civ3MM.

Just a little patience, my friends!
It's almost done. I believe that will finish Civ3MM at the beginning of May.

Well, now Civ3MM is uploaded.
As I have promised, at the beginning of May. ;)

Look at it, touch it and say me, what do you think about it?!

Thank you all for the first replies!

Your opinion is very important for me.
Please, post your comments, suggestions, questions etc.

Great! Thank you for your work. :thumbsup:

There is a problem with the Script.txt. I have created a new C3C scenario with your tool. I imported the Conquests.biq and the required text files. The Script.txt is identified as PTW file, but it is the original file from the Conquests Text folder. Note, that I use a CIVIII/C3C version in German language. It is not possible to create a C3C scenario as long this problem exist.

Here is the Info:
1. Scenario file path:
E:\Games\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Aluminium's MOD.biq

File type: Civilization III: Conquests

File version: 12.06

2. Scenario search folders list:
E:\Games\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Aluminium's MOD
E:\Games\Civilization III\Conquests
E:\Games\Civilization III\Civ3PTW
E:\Games\Civilization III

3. Civilopedia.txt file path:
E:\Games\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Aluminium's MOD\Text\Civilopedia.txt

4. Pediaicons.txt file path:
E:\Games\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Aluminium's MOD\Text\Pediaicons.txt

File type: Civilization III: Conquests

5. Script.txt file path:
E:\Games\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Aluminium's MOD\Text\Script.txt

File type: Civilization III: Play the World

Attention! The Script.txt file type is different with Scenario file.

6. Labels.txt file path:
E:\Games\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\Aluminium's MOD\Text\Labels.txt

Attachments

• scriptgerman.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 433
Hello,

I had a similar problem; in the options pane, scenario tab (from the tools menu... if I remember correctly), you have a checkbox with say something like "allow different file type for SCenario and text files" which you should check to avoid the trouble you meet.

regards

PS : gret tool Cyber Dreyk !!

Top Bottom