City Graphics: FF7 Ancients

Clam I Am

The Clam Fiddler
This is my first attempt at city graphics, but they turned out alright. If you don't actually know what this is, it probably just looks like a mess of green stuff though. It is made for the Final Fantasy mod. Right now it is only one picture for every era, as I wasn't sure what to do for any other eras. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• cetracities.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 576
And here is a preview. They currently are called rAMER, replacing the American cities, but you can change that. I just did it so it would be easier to preview.

Attachments

• cetracities.jpg
    cetracities.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 4,105
Looks interesting. :hmm: I can't use them, but they make me more interested in that FF mod.

Depends on who wants to use them... ifsomeone wants to play civ with modded graphics...

Interisting... but I don't play FF. So I don't know nothing about. Please tell me, what exactly is that? It don't look like a city ore like buildings, so what is it?

So what you are saying is that these could be used as city graphics for the Merfolk in my MTG mod? :D Too bad city graphics arent civ-specific.... :(

- GIDustin

Originally posted by Clam I Am
It is a city, but the cities built by this race were made of coral-like structures. So basically it is layers of what looks like mushroom coral, with shell buildings around it.
Ah, I understand. Thanks.

Clam, these are great!

I'm going to use them as the "Ancient" era city graphics for the Shinra Civ in the General FF Mod (Basically Shinra corp will represent all of FF VII in the main mod, in the FF VII Scenario that uses the same basic rules, The Cetra will be a separate Civ and I'll use those for all eras, just like the Wutai Civ will have the Asian City Graphics, Avalance will have the European style Graphics, Costa Del Sol will have Mediterranean GFX and Shinra will have some ultra-modern graphics that replace the rMIDEAST.pcx files. I've already downloaded your graphics and will be incorporating them as soon as possible. :)

:thanx:

I can't seem to find any screenshots of the city of the ancients....

Do you know where there are some?

Clam, I was just testing your cities in my mod, and I noticed a slight problem, to whit the bottoms of the size 7/12 cities were cut off :(

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it looks pretty bad in game, so I took the liberty of "fixing" them. If you want, I could post the fixed file here. :)

Well I wanted them to be larger, so that's why I had it that way. If you want to be smaller with it not being cut off, that's fine too. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. As for the screenshot question, I couldn't find one either, I just had to play the game and look at it.

Clam I Am said:
Well I wanted them to be larger, so that's why I had it that way. If you want to be smaller with it not being cut off, that's fine too. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. As for the screenshot question, I couldn't find one either, I just had to play the game and look at it.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, since the cut off version IMO actually looks smaller. Anyways, here's a zip containing the non-cut off version, with some walled city graphics (the walls look like spikes of horn coral) that I whippep up last week while I was on leave. And BTW, I happen to have a screenshot of the original Lost capitol for those who were asking. :)

Perhaps I will model a lost city... I don't quite remember it looking like that either... I remmeber all the shells. However, I do want to make a great looking lost city, because that is my, and apparently, according to overclocked remix, a majority of people's favorite song from FF VII.

@Neomega: The screenshot I posted is where you first arrive in the city location. The center of the mass of coral structures is where the underground palace is located (the place where Sephiroth kills Aeris. :( That bastard, Why did he have to kill the charachter with the most awsome limit break in the entire F**KING GAME :aargh: ).

By the way, that technichally isn't a screenshot, per se. While looking for a patch that would fix the Chocobo race crash while running the game under XP (I own the PC version), I found a .LGP viewer called Gast. This program allows you to view, add, and extract files from the .LGP archives that the PC version uses for data storage, although the .midi music files are the only ones that can be extracted in a format useable by other programs. I just used the ol' print screen button, and pasted the resulting image in PSP7, and edited out the palette errors (Gast, while far better than nothing is also far from perfect), crop the image to a viewable size and posted it here. Incidentally, the images used for the interior of Aeris' church just happen to be 320x320 (wonder splash size) so, rather than trying to build the ENTIRE interior of the church in Bryce, I'll just use one of those, and build the EXTERIOR for the pediaicons and bldg_large and bldg_small files.

@Clam: I'm glad you liked it. Basically, I was doing a quick playtest and I thought, "hey these graphics look good, but there aren't any walled city graphics," and once I hit upon the Idea for the horn coral spikes, I fired up Bryce, modeled and rendered them in about 2 minutes flat, and used my l33t PSP7 sk1lz to edit in your small size city graphics (required three layers: 1 for the back half of the coral circle, 1 above that for the city itself, and finally the front half of the coral circle on top of all of them. I did similar things for the other three ages, but I'll post these later tonight once I get done with the last modern/Shira city (basically a reproduction of Midgar).

Top Bottom