Ultra-Super-Max-Plus-Xtreme Civ 3 patch!

Do the new governments screw up the balance in the game?

• Yes, they are too powerful

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • yes, but not that much

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • what's a government and how can I send it money?

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • no, they are too crappy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they don't

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

el presidente

Chieftain
AR MATEYS! TIS I, El Presidente here with the Ultra-Super-Max-Plus-Xtreme Civ 3 patch!

It has 4 new governments, feudalism, fascism, fundamentalism and the one that George Bush invented,:satan:, NEW WORLD ORDER!

I've seen the computer use the new government as the egyptians:egypt:

All of the naval units have had their stats changed for enchanced balance. :fish:

There are some increases in resources. :nuke:

City walls work better. :soldier:

Corruption is reduced. :spank:

More early units can now be upgraded. :grad:

It comes with a Nazi pic for the facist government. If you don't like it then delete it, but don't waste my time complaning, because I don't think that a fourth reich is gonna start up in america because of that little pic. (well at least not one started by the germans):skull:

So check out this patch, cause I stayed up all night making it and then missed work and got fired, so you ingrates better enjoy this.

Signed, El Presidente:king:

v1.0 deleted after 450 downloads.
v1.11 is available:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=112795

care to post a bit more detail about the changes? thanks

what exactly is the NWO gov?

As noted by El Presidente:

New World Order
As foretold George Orwell in 1984, and later on by George Bush in 1991, the New World Order is the merging of all governments beneath one super powerful government. Once you discover Integrated Defense, there is
:scan:

I'm gonna release another update with more detail,

The city walls are going to be weakened for sure, I don't know much beyond that.

I've attached the details from my first upload.

El Presidente:king:

Attachments

• ultra-super-max-plus-extreme civ 3.zip
    8 KB · Views: 457
What was your job?

You won't catch me missing lectures and essay deadlines by playing civ3 OH NO!

:satan:

I really don't know if I be adding new governments any time soon...though it seems one area that could be fun...

Variaties of communism.
Totalitarianism
Ancient and modern democracies
Theocracies and fundamentalism
Banana Republics -put it in, have no possible benefit!
Anarchism :)
Feudal Monarchy
Constitutional Monarchy
Slavers nation...some working of Roman times slavery encorporated into a government and that of the Confederacy...

etc

One question: can a government be given the ability to be immune to cultural capture...that would be cool for anarchism and perhaps its one major benefit (so in extreme situations when you are losing cities to culture you can use it!)

The main improvement is reducing the strength of city walls to improve balance. I have also added tax bonus to wall street and smith's trading co, as well as research bonus for great library.

All in all I think you'll find this patch to be totally superior to the orginal game.

El Presidente:king:

... and ofcourse the actual file.

If you were one of the two unfortunate people to download from my original post, then your version would crash.

This version is stable.

Attachments

• xtreme civ3.zip
    163.9 KB · Views: 1,116
Umm i dont know whether im jsut a computer moron but i downloaded the file and got something called attachment.php. I cant unzip it or install it and i wouldnt know where in the civ3 directory to put it. Little help?

I've been playing with it on for a while.

I like how the corruption is down.

The new governments are cool (i'm fascist Zulu!)

But, it seems like the AI gets "stuck".

They go through Despotism, Monarchy, etc - some even hit Feudalism.

But, eventually all of the AI nations (6 of them) went Fundamentalist, and haven't changed for awhile. I don't know if its because of the science hit that they can't research themselves out of it, but thats all they seem to be. The research hit might be a bit too much too because they all seem a little backwards to me - even the ones that were far away from me that I wasn't constantly warring. I'm pulling out tanks in about 4 turns and the most advanced of them have a dozen Musketmen sitting around. Just a thought.

Originally posted by Chuckster
Umm i dont know whether im jsut a computer moron but i downloaded the file and got something called attachment.php. I cant unzip it or install it and i wouldnt know where in the civ3 directory to put it. Little help?

This was a problem with my browser too - are you using Opera 5.xx?

To save it, on the save file dialog, click on the menu for "Save as Type" and select "All files (*.*)". Now rename it to, for example, "xtremeciv3.zip" and save it - it will be saved as a zip as it should. If you are using Opera 5, try the new Opera 6 beta - it saves it as "xtreme" with no extension - but before you save it, you can rename it to add the .zip and it's fine.

Or you could just rename the "attachment.php" to "xtreme.zip" in Windows Explorer...

Originally posted by Xain

This was a problem with my browser too - are you using Opera 5.xx?

To save it, on the save file dialog, click on the menu for "Save as Type" and select "All files (*.*)". Now rename it to, for example, "xtremeciv3.zip" and save it - it will be saved as a zip as it should. If you are using Opera 5, try the new Opera 6 beta - it saves it as "xtreme" with no extension - but before you save it, you can rename it to add the .zip and it's fine.

Or you could just rename the "attachment.php" to "xtreme.zip" in Windows Explorer...

This happens in Netscape 6.1 too (and I think version 6.0 and 6.2 too but I haven't tried). This solution above by Xain should fix it. :)

I'm very happy with the patch as it is. If anyone has any suggestions, please go ahead. The only thing that I am looking at right now is updating all the civ entries so that they properly reflect all the changes I have made in the game.

THere is no real way for me to stop that. I have seen the AI use the other governments. It depends on the situation.

Top Bottom