GRAPHICS: build queue with easy to understand info

Nemo

Warlord
Compatable with Civ III patch 1.21f and 1.29f

This mod uses nice little pictures to decifer how much the unit/building/wonder you are about to build (i.e. in the queue list) costs, culture produced, upgradability, # of units that it can transport are all shown. it pretty much follows along the lines of Il Marfioso mod, but with pictures instead of bars.

it has an auto-install and auto-uninstall included! Just extract to your CivilizationIII folder, double click, and play :)
(version 2.0 fixed it so that you could not accidentally overwrite your backed up files if you installed multiple times without uninstalling first)

UPDATE (22-MAR-2003 11:24am CST):
NemosQueueMod Version 2.1.21, compatable with Civilization version 1.21f and 1.29f. Older versions can be found through out this thread.

Please post any problems, or email me at: jeric AT sbcglobal DOT net

...ok, time for me to go play now ;)

Version 1.1 was downloaded >1504 times
Version 2.0 was downloaded >377 times

Attachments

• nemosqueuemodv2.1.21.zip
    255 KB · Views: 2,142
Units list screenshot (low quality .jpg file, sorry)

up-arrow = upgradable times the number of arrows (i.e. 3 up-arrows means the unit can upgrad 3 times)
transport units have a number, showing the number of units it can carry.
If there is no symbol next to it, the the unit cannot carry anything, nor can it be upgraded.

Attachments

• unitmod_v2.jpg
    unitmod_v2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 5,759
Building list screenshot (low quality .jpg file, sorry, the overlaying yellow coins are eaiser to see in game)

music symbol = culture (which is the same as the rest of the game)
money symbol = each red/yellow coin pile represents one coin per turn you must pay in maintainance (i.e. if it has a red/yellow/red coin combination, then that building requires 3 coins per turn in maintanance)

Attachments

• imp.jpg
    imp.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 9,061
Nice work! :goodjob:

If it doesn't make the screen too messy, maybe you should also add the # of shields something costs to the pic. :)

PS: The orginal Usability mod was created by Il Marfioso, not snoopy.

Originally posted by Thunderfall
Nice work! :goodjob:

If it doesn't make the screen too messy, maybe you should also add the # of shields something costs to the pic. :)

i tried to add polution output for some of the factories et al. but it got messy, and too cramped. Doing the shields is a good idea, but it got pretty cramped, and on cargo vehicles that already had a number, it didn't look right. plus it uses the same sprite when you unit is onboard a vessel, which kept me from doing much else to the units :(

IF I change the amount of culture a temple gives out. does this patch show that?? Or are you icons fixed??

thankz

That's a very good question!
Can someone clarify that?

Originally posted by Ds6161
IF I change the amount of culture a temple gives out. does this patch show that?? Or are you icons fixed??

thankz

No, it won't show that because the images are fixed.

Here is NemosQueueMod version 1.1 which is compatable with Civilization version 1.07 (the original release)

Just in case anyone still needs it :)

Attachments

• nemosqueuemodv1.1.zip
    199.7 KB · Views: 220
Nemo's last post was written on April 21. I am doubting that he is still working on the project.

Perhaps someone else could take up the project

GIDustin

Hopefully, someone will.

If I better understood how to do it, I would be willing to try if noone else is willing. I do have PSP7; purchased it recently, but have no experience in trying to do the update.

Well, I thought that I would attempt to finish this for PTW, and I ran into a huge surprise. "The 3 new units" is not accurate. The number of unit icons has more than doubled!

I may still attempt to finish this, but it wont be easy.

GIDustin

Many of the icons don't upgrade, though.

The 24 King Units, for example. The Dino and WW2 units aren't part of a regular bic/bix.

The Guerilla, Medieval Infantry, and the 8 new UU's are the new ones. There are new icons for Cannons and Catapults.

The mod should install and work okay on 1.29f as no new buildings/units were added; the only issue would be that if any maintenance costs, etc were changed in that version then that particular icon would be incorrect. However, I didn't see any such listed changes in the readme for that version so you're probably fine using this under 1.29f

Top Bottom