President Thread- Term 2

hence the 'maybe' :D

plus it gives croxis something to do now we found something for you to do.

all i got to do now is get dutch something to do.

Damn, remind me not to run for office while BCLG is president. :)

Is the settler next in line for building

Yes (done in 7 turns unless we rush) but we still have to decide where to settle. Did we have a plan to adopt slavery?

7 turns however i can switch it around so we get IW the turn after it is built or a settler the turn after IW is built.... upto domestic minister really---take it away mr fire :)

Make the settler first, we don't need iron working directly (and we do need more buildings), and this way our settler will only be under way for one turn when iron pops up. If it would change things drasticly, we could always re-route.

We could use some more info on the choke-point to our north west, with the cow and jungle. Back to you mister president.

I think the fish location is the way to go. I would have like a spot with higher production but since there is nothing better in the area that should be city number 2

dutchfire said:
Fish in the SE?

Were there others? Yes the spot SE of our capital Alezatrof (or however you spell it)

I think there are some fish in the NE too, with cows and a terrible amount of jungle. That's the place I asked BCLG to explore.

I think these beforementioned two sites are our options right now:

Site 1:

Site 2:

I'm split right now. I like site one for the commerce, but site two for its strategic location and down the road great city...

I prefer site two too. Copper + cow=loads of production. But we'll need a lot of workers to clear all that jungle (maybe it's time to get some more out? maybe build another settler in the capital, let it go to the site 1, and use that one as a worker pump?)

I'm all about Site One. If our capitol supplies an early work boat then the new city can be responsible for future workers and settlers without trouble. And the commerce would be very nice at this stage.

No doubt site two is a better location overall, i just don't think it's a better location now.

I've changed my mind, thinking about the immense amount of workers needed for site 2. I now do agree with Karhu, a worker/settler pump might be better at this moment. At size two the city could work the rice and one of the sea-resources, and pump out workers in no time.

Site 1. Even with IW we will need a while to clear the jungle, which will need a lot of workers, something site 1 can provide:)

The only way to expand the border is to research mysticism and build an obelisk, but for site one to work we need to settle on the forest, so max production would be 2 hammers.

At site two we can mine the jungle hill to build a work boat and be in good shape very quickly. As for clearing jungle, we only need to keep up with pop growth, the free health from fresh water will let us live with them for quit some time and the really good tiles are already jungle free.

I prefer site one, when we can-build a library in there and force 2 scientists and we're sorted really.

Arg! I forgot that we did not a Mysticism nor a Religion, that is indeed a problem (i'm usually a religion hog myself). I'll change my opinion to site two.

edit: when will we have writing?

Top Bottom