BAT (Qwerty) communications

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
Sent to BAT in 100 AD:

Dear Qwerty,

Hi I hope your game is progressing as you had hoped. I am the new Foreign Minister for CFC. We have been thinking about this idea for some time and we are curious if you would like to start a tech alliance. In this alliance we would share all techs we currently have and we would co-ordinate in research directions to further our civs advancement. If you look at the game, you will see that we are being left behind technology wise. This technology alliance is for technology exchange only, we can discuss military protection and joint military ventures at a later time. We are not currently interested in military ventures at this time since we are currently involved with one at this moment. Please contact me via this email address so we can discuss this further.

Robboo Foreign Minister of CFC and Team Thunderfall

Dear Thunderfalls!

Many thanks for offering Philosophy, but we can't see that you have this
technology. You don't even have Drama or Code of Laws and also lack of
Meditation. Is it just a mistake and you meant a different tech?

Best regards,

Ya, what's up?

We have sort of agreed a deal for math,Col and alpha for philo with EVG, they give us them three first- we bulb philo and give it to them- so we will in fact have philo in the upcoming turns.

tell them simply we have deals in place to get it within a few turns. If they are interested let us know or we will shop that tech elsewhere.

it was more to see if you guys agreed with that or not :) I wast clear.

BTW...that above about the trade was from gwt not BAT. I responded as I said and I also contacted BAT again to ask the what the hell is taking so long with a response.

/not really it was nicer.

Dear Qwerty
We sent the message below some time back. We are curious if you guys are interested. Time is of importance as we and your self are missing out on some important techs right now. Below is a copy of the message in case gmail didnt send it.

"Hi I hope your game is progressing as you had hoped. I am the new Foreign Minister for CFC. We have been thinking about this idea for some time and we are curious if you would like to start a tech alliance. In this alliance we would share all techs we currently have and we would co-ordinate in research directions to further our civs advancement. If you look at the game, you will see that we are being left behind technology wise. This technology alliance is for technology exchange only, we can discuss military protection and joint military ventures at a later time. We are not currently interested in military ventures at this time since we are currently involved with one at this moment. Please contact me via this email address so we can discuss this further. "

Again I cant stress how important this deal is, without it both of our teams face a difficult road to victory. Lets make that road easier by working together to advance our people.

Robboo Foreign Minister of CFC and Team Thunderfall

So how is our relationship with BAT now? Is it cordial or just an acquaintance?

cordial if they accept...future dead enemy if they dont...in my opinion.

Hi Roboo

Welcome to the new CFC foreign minister.

We received your proposal about a total scientific alliance. We had a
lot of discussion about such an alliance. For the the moment, we prefer
to cooperate with you on the technologies that each team is searching.

We are of course still interested by your previous proposition :
feudalism vs machinery.
Do you confirm this exchange ?

Best Regards
Bat teamTeam

well we can do but we wont discover machinery for awhile. either way we should send them a response.

OK I will wait till we get the techs from CBA and then propose a trade to them. I also think we need to not make a long term deal with them for techs we dont currently have or are working on. Too much can happen. i want to check the save to see what we can work out right now.

/Anyone know if Civ will play from a thumbdrive...then i could do this at work. :)

We'll need Meditation right away to lightbulb Philo and I for one would like to know what they are up to and how long it will take.

I think BC had mediation arranged with someone. How about we send them an email asking what they are working so we can arrange a deal.

Are we seriously that far back on techs? WOW...we are pretty screwed.

Dealing with BAT is never enjoyable and the result is never dependable. We have a deal to trade Machinery to them for Feudalism, but machinery is still 12 turns away. Should we try negotiation Feudalism for Philosophy instead? (Slightly in their favor but very nearly the same price)

NOTE: CBR are trying to work some trade with BAT for feudalism but BAT aren’t going for it. Whatever we decide I'll be sure to coordinate with CBR so that we don't end up paying BAT twice for the same thing.

I dont think we should offer them philo instead, everyone already has machinery so its a very good deal in that case whilst we could trade philo for future techs.

Sorry posted that in the wrong thread :)

From BAT just now.

Dear CFC,

We are still interested in an exchange between feudalism and machinery.
When will you discover machinery exactly ? You mentioned a delay of 50
turns in a previous message. Did it change ?
An important point for you : if this delay is much shorter than 50
turns, we are ready to give you feudalism now and to receive machinery
later.

Best regards,

BAT team

I said:
That would work out really well if you are willing to do that. Currently we still have 12 turns to finish but are considering science and/or civic changes that will allow us to finish it in 8.

Thanks,
Team CFC

I have sent them a note saying how long it will take us to get machinery. Also see if they are willing to research Civil Service for Philosophy if they are willing to go down that route.

Top Bottom