Jotnar and production monster-city

stormyorky

Chieftain
Hi.
I really like the Jotnar concept and I wanna try playing them again. My only issue with them is I have a playstyle where I build one city into a production monster with city of 1k slums and massive production, grabbing any wonder that I want basically. Problem with Jotnar is that with a sizecap of 8 and small city radius, I cant design a city like this.
My question comes down to: is it possible to specialize a Jotnar city to get ~200 production per turn? I have only played Jotnar once and only played about 200 turns that time, so I havent tested this.

If anyone wanna elaborate, do you experienced Jotnar players specialize your cities at all? with sizecap of 8 it feels hard to do anything with cities, and it feels like a waste investing in expensive buildings in them.

I take it you're playing the Fall Further version?

In that version of the civ, it's nearly impossible to get that kind of production out of their city.

In RifE, however, Vermicious has rather massively reworked the civ. For one thing, there is no hard cap on population... Instead, they require 3 food per pop to grow. They also have 3-tier cities, rather than 1-tier, more fitting Giants. ;)

Speaking of Jotnar monster production cities -- I happen to be playing a Jotnar at the moment. Here is the capital, I've just researched pass through the ether and started the Nexus.

The only thing that bugs me is that the game talks about how rare a new giant is, but when you upgrade a citizen, you suddenly have a group of four. I keep meaning to change the .xml for the giant units, but then I see shiny things and get distracted...

edit: I just realized which forum this was in, this is a Rise From Erebus game.

Is the Eggrass fixed in 1.20 though?

P.S. If you think it's MONSTER, you're wrong. It's powerful but Infernals and D'Tesh may amass a 1500+ hammer production in the capital.

The biggest pop I've got with Infernal was 270 with something.

Top Bottom