So boring!

Personally, on huge maps (Small Continents Plus with LOW seas, giving it a close-to-pangea-but-with-coastal-start-for-everyone feel) I run 18 civs and 27 CSs. Theres enough space to expand, but there'll still be border-rubbing neighbors enabling a decent amount of warring.
I always go for every 1 civ, 1.5 CS.

Personally, on huge maps (Small Continents Plus with LOW seas, giving it a close-to-pangea-but-with-coastal-start-for-everyone feel) I run 18 civs and 27 CSs. Theres enough space to expand, but there'll still be border-rubbing neighbors enabling a decent amount of warring.
I always go for every 1 civ, 1.5 CS.
I just find that many CSs totally unrealistic. And, abusable, because it's way too easy to get CS allies without having to bid for them. Plus, as noted, it decreases interaction between the Civs.

Just me! :cheers:

I play at lower levels, and there are wars all the time. I use large maps, small continents standard settings. Does my Anecdotal experience count for anything? Or is only one set of anecdotal experiences relevant?

I play at lower levels, and there are wars all the time. I use large maps, small continents standard settings. Does my Anecdotal experience count for anything? Or is only one set of anecdotal experiences relevant?
I hope that's a rhetorical question. ;)

I daresay that the "lower level" bit isn't as important as small continents or your play style (e.g., if you routinely piss off your neighbors, yeah, there will be more wars).

Top Bottom