AI dead by Barbarians within ten moves

kuldiin

Warlord
I started an Emperor game last night, and just before I popped out my second warrior the German capital was taken by Barbarians. :lol:

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Not exactly, at least with barbarians. Played last night as the Greeks, had two warrior units off to battle those filthy barbarians (which all yielded horseman units, allowing me to put together a horseman army rather quickly). Meanwhile I'd produced a galley and dispatched it to get at those artifacts early and had my unoccupied city producing a hoplite unit. I'd also been the first to research Masonry and had the complimentary wall built around my city.

None of it mattered when an American warrior unit parked itself outside my city. Lincoln suddenly declared war without asking for anything in return, which I thought was strange, until I was advised Athens had fallen. D'oh! Seems the AI knew that I had no one in my city, which is a bit of a cheat when you think about it (without using any Ranger skill...)

But as for the barbs, only had them bum rush a city once, but had enough time to rush a unit to defeat them.

Seems the AI knew that I had no one in my city, which is a bit of a cheat when you think about it (without using any Ranger skill...)

Anyone can tell if a city is defended. A defended city has a faction flag with the color and icon of the civilization. No flag, no defenders.

Yup, it happen to me once too... just right after i got my first warrior
Japan died..... funny.

Anyone can tell if a city is defended. A defended city has a faction flag with the color and icon of the civilization. No flag, no defenders.

Exactly! Nobody seems to notice this though, and they leave their cities undefended in multiplayer, so when my impis run up next to their cities and see no defenders, it's not a hard decision for me to take the city. Yet people always get pissed at me for it. Can you honestly blame me? If I see no defenders in your city, why wouldn't I take it? Yesterday after I did it, someone complained to me and said the impis are overpowered because of their 2 movement. Are you freakin kidding me? Try building some defenders next time, they have no strength advantage against anyone's units so they're pretty easy to defend against (unlike the Arabs, who are very difficult to defend against their early rush).

lol it happened to me once!

i didnt have my first unit yet and got attacked / defeated by 3 mere barbarians in a multiplayer game!! 7th or 8th turn or so ! what a shame :)
:lol:

Top Bottom