New team colours!

Wow, impressive work! (As far as I can see from looking through the Tutorial and this thread.)
Any chance of making a one-color-or-color-pair-for-each-tribe type thingy that uses both single and dual colors, each appropriate to their Civ?
Or is that what this mod already is, affirming the fact that I am stupid and illiterate? ;P

Rhye, this is some pretty cool stuff here. Thanks for the tutorial too. I am on a mission to make each civ multi-colored. So far Rome and Egypt have came out looking pretty good. :goodjob:

If I want to use these colors in the game, what do I excactly need to do? Install the palettes, and replace the conquest.biq with rhyes_colours.biq and rename it?

I edited the palletes(overrode but first backed-up my old ones) but it doesn't work. Do you have any idea as to why this is?

why couldn't Firaxis just make one single grid in .bmp format or something easy like that?

i got it figured out now. i was only editing one square in the pallette.

For those who need help, there are 3 ways to install the mod:

1) In case you don't want to overwrite anything, extract to \scenarios and load the biq with "Civ Content" option. In this way the biq (which contains standard rules except colour reassignment: no more standard/alternate but one colour per civ assigned with a bit of criterion, not randomly like Firaxis. For example America is blue, France is dark blue, Germany is grey, Netherlands is orange) will load the \art\units\palettes subfolder
2) replace the original subfolder (in case you prefer standard distribution of colours)
3) replace the original subfolder and the original biq (in case you prefer my redistribution of colours)

low said:
Rhye, this is some pretty cool stuff here. Thanks for the tutorial too. I am on a mission to make each civ multi-colored. So far Rome and Egypt have came out looking pretty good. :goodjob:
I tried with Romans (dark red+yellow, the colours of Roma) but the result wasn't that good. Probably yellow+dark red is better, but in this way yellow would have more importance. So the best should be making the units yellow+dark red and the cities and everything else in the last row dark red.

Rhye, how about darkish red with a bit of light grey for Rome? I can imagine dark red and yellow don't go well together, but grey goes will with anything... :)

Rhye said:
For those who need help, there are 3 ways to install the mod:

1) In case you don't want to overwrite anything, extract to \scenarios and load the biq with "Civ Content" option. In this way the biq (which contains standard rules except colour reassignment: no more standard/alternate but one colour per civ assigned with a bit of criterion, not randomly like Firaxis. For example America is blue, France is dark blue, Germany is grey, Netherlands is orange) will load the \art\units\palettes subfolder
2) replace the original subfolder (in case you prefer standard distribution of colours)
3) replace the original subfolder and the original biq (in case you prefer my redistribution of colours)

Thanks for this. :)

I just tested it, and I like the colors very much. I think I'm gonna use these. :D

I just hope the other people in my family who play civ don't mind...:undecide:

Rhye, is there any way to try out the mod without starting a new game, including your own color reassignment?
I'm intreagued but I don't feel like starting a new game right now just to test new tribe colors. =\

:eek: WOW! Awesome, I love it!:goodjob:

Top Bottom