Request for Wildmana 8

My link here is the same file that somebody posted earlier in the thread, so going by what was said the patch takes it up to 8.34. As to the source code, I don't know. There is a separate dll included in the folder but I don't know if it's compiled or not. --> not a modder. ;)

I can't speak to the features or to the ai as I actually haven't played WM before. You should take a look at Tholal's ai patches for vanilla FFH, it may be easier to use that as a base and copy only the code you like from the modmods.

My link here is the same file that somebody posted earlier in the thread, so going by what was said the patch takes it up to 8.34. As to the source code, I don't know. There is a separate dll included in the folder but I don't know if it's compiled or not. --> not a modder. ;)

I can't speak to the features or to the ai as I actually haven't played WM before. You should take a look at Tholal's ai patches for vanilla FFH, it may be easier to use that as a base and copy only the code you like from the modmods.

Thanks Sunn. I might use Tholal's patched FFH2 instead. Especially if I can't get the source code for WildMana.

Does anyone know where to find the source code for WildMana 8.34? After installing WildMana using the version linked to by Sunn, I didn't see source files (.cpp and .h files). All I found in a quick search of the forum was source code from WildMana 7.

I also still want to hear some more opinions on the AI and stability of WildMana. Does WildMana have the best AI of the FFH modmods? Is WildMana stable (little or no bugs and CTD/OOS errors)?

Spoiler :

I still find it shocking that such a great mod was so abandoned by its developers. Leaving it up to people who didn't develop the mod to make it still available is crazy. There is no reason WildMana and Master of Mana can't both exist as two different mods. :gripe::deadhorse:

You might send Sephi a PM if you want the source code for Wildmana.

Considering stability, Wildmana is by far the best submod for FFH2.
I've played it a lot in multiplayer and it was always rock solid.
I've also tried FFH2 with Naval AI mod lately and from my experiences I'd say that the Wildmana AI is better in the early game and Naval AI mod slightly better in mid / end game.
I'd say the main weakness of the Wildmana AI would be a lack of aggression in the later stages of the games. They DO build killer stacks, but often hesitate to declare war.
But early game is usually quite good since they are almost impossible to rush.

Master of Mana probably has the best AI around, but you have to like the gameplay and the endless changes of the mod.

well, to correct you, Red Key :
wildmana was not abandonned.
MoM is the evolution of WM.

but at one time, They decided to switch name
(the transistion was WM8, 8.5....etc WM9/MoM
The first MoM version was equal to WM9.
Now, with all the different additions to MoM it doesn't look anything like WM... but in the same way that FFH2(winter) doesn't look anything like FFH1 :D

finally a hero emerges and shares it.

And while Wildmana evolved you have to consider there is a "line in the sand" where mario 2 becomes mario 3, and they become 2 separate games despite one being the evolution of the other.

I enjoy MoM by the way, but i also enjoy "version 1", if you will.

Top Bottom