Faq

NikNaks

Deity
Which version of Civ is this for?
Beyond the Sword (3.17)

What mods is it based off of?
We're the World of Civilization mod as a base.

Can I use all of/parts of this in my own mod?
Of course! Be careful to credit the right people, though. We are using other users' work alongside our own.

Why did you guys create this mod?
The aim of World 2009 is to represent the world of 2009 as accurately as possible within the limitations of the Civ engine but still making it fun to play. We hope to accurately represent modern militaries, world relations, industry and by 2.0, social, health and education issues, allowing you, the player, the opportunity to experience a much deeper sense of immersion than in vanilla Civ.

Will there be a scenario with a standard size map?
At a later date, we hope to provide other scenarios, and this will be one of them.

Is there anywhere I can get information on the mod?
A spreadsheet and wiki will both be available soon. For now, check out threads in the forum.

When will this mod be finished?!
We're aiming for an early release within a few weeks, and a full release later in the year.

You mind if people (or, more accurately, I) were to steal certain aspects of this mod and give credit? Such as, takes civ layout and implement in different mod, but use a customized tech tree?

Is there anywhere I can get concrete information on the mod? Like, tech tree, Civ/Leader details, etc.

Is there anywhere I can get concrete information on the mod? Like, tech tree, Civ/Leader details, etc.

See the link to the update post in my signature. :)

what is the aim in creating this mod?

The aim of World 2009 is to represent the World of 2009 as accurately as possible within the limitations of the Civ engine and playability (i.e fun) issues. We hope to accurately represent Modern militaries, World Relations, Industry & by V.2 Social, Health & Education. Allowing you, the player, the opportunity to experience a much deeper sense of immersion than in Vanilla Civ.

You can answer that one yourself, right buddy? I hope!

well, have now. Did I get it right lol

Perfect!

Will there be a scenario with a standard size map? I will be happy if there is as my computer sucks.

Great. Are we still using the Conqueror's Delight mod as our base though?

Top Bottom