Final National and World Wonders

I can't make original 3d art. I am looking for existing ones.

I'm going to have Trafalgar Square as a world wonder.
Fair enough, but I considered it may have already been made graphically, or someone else could do that for us. Also I didn't know that Trafalgar Square was going to be a world wonder (yay). :lol:

Anything that can be found here is made an can be used.

We have an art backlog as is, so we are trying to find at least placeholders for everything for now.

Glad you like the Trafalgar Square wonder!

What art can we use, is the issue with that one. Unless we can find better I am going to use the Washington monument.

National Wonders are done. We have 18 total (including kept/modified existing ones). 4 are completely new. I'll post details later.

I've left out MagLev trains for now, because I want to do more with it. I want to make MagLev a new terrain improvement, an (expensive, time consuming) upgrade to railroads. On our starting map, this will only exist where current maglev lines do.

A civ will have to research a tech, build 3 or 4 buildings ( maglev stations ), which will unlock a national wonder (central maglev station). After they build that, their workers will be able to build maglev lines. The AI should be able to do this, as long as we keep it exactly the way railroads work.

Foreseeable downside: Once the AI has the ability to build these lines, as far as I know, it will stop building regular railroads. So if we make it too time consuming to build, it will hurt AI civs that are trying to improve areas without roads/railroads (it will be forever before they have any improvements, since they will skip roads and railroads). Maybe we can reduce this effect by reducing the build times for these once a player enters the future era.

What do you guys think?

World wonder status: I've cleared out the old ones, and added a few contemporary ones. I have a list of about 18-20 existing ones that I want to include. Rather than post a list now, I'll just post a screenshot when I'm finished. That's will be a good time to look for any I've missed.

For now, you guys can look for/suggest other national wonders. I'll post a screenshot of the ones we have tonight.

It looks as though it's going very well, I'll try and brainstorm some potential National Wonders (from the different technologies actually, have we worked out the rewards for them yet..?).

Cool, I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about wonders though, 18 national ones is about enough.

Tech rewards haven't been worked out yet, and won't be for a while (units + buildings have to be finalized first).

...and should we make the Hubble Space Telescope a world wonder that starts in either the USA or EU... or a national wonder?

We can make it a world wonder that has effects every civ (kinda like the Manhattan Project) that has discovered satellites (or something similar), of course the person who built it has larger amount of bonuses then the other civs, but the other civs still get some sort of bonus (don't know what though...)

National Wonders are done. We have 18 total (including kept/modified existing ones). 4 are completely new. I'll post details later.

I've left out MagLev trains for now, because I want to do more with it. I want to make MagLev a new terrain improvement, an (expensive, time consuming) upgrade to railroads. On our starting map, this will only exist where current maglev lines do.

A civ will have to research a tech, build 3 or 4 buildings ( maglev stations ), which will unlock a national wonder (central maglev station). After they build that, their workers will be able to build maglev lines. The AI should be able to do this, as long as we keep it exactly the way railroads work.

Foreseeable downside: Once the AI has the ability to build these lines, as far as I know, it will stop building regular railroads. So if we make it too time consuming to build, it will hurt AI civs that are trying to improve areas without roads/railroads (it will be forever before they have any improvements, since they will skip roads and railroads). Maybe we can reduce this effect by reducing the build times for these once a player enters the future era.

What do you guys think?

We can make it so that Maglev stations can be built in cities (it would simulate Maglev transportation system within the city only) with a small amount of bonuses. But if two cities have a maglev station, then they can connect them with the Maglev improvement, with will instead of bringing a movement bonus maybe an extra trade route plus economic bonuses? This could prevent the A.I of building the very expensive (yes, it will still be expensive b/c of the bonuses) Maglev rails instead of regular ones.

Here are some bonuses it could have:

Maglev Station
-1 unhealthiness
+25% gold
+25% Production
-when connected by Maglev rails to another city with a maglev station
+1 trade route
+another 25% gold (for a total of 50%)
+another 25% production (for a total of 50%)

That is too complicated, we have to keep it simple.

That is too complicated, we have to keep it simple.

Just posting ideas here dude :D. Than if we don't want the A.I. preoccupying itself with expensive Maglevs, then I say we just keep it as a building, and once a certain number are complete then it will unlock the Central Maglev Station National Wonder (kinda like the way oxford is unlocked with universities).

That's the plan

DVS said:
A civ will have to research a tech, build 3 or 4 buildings ( maglev stations ), which will unlock a national wonder (central maglev station). After they build that, their workers will be able to build maglev lines.

Tech rewards haven't been worked out yet, and won't be for a while (units + buildings have to be finalized first).
I thought as much. Is this going to be a team decision or would you like it to be an extension of my work on Technologies?

Let's work on that together. I have some ideas in mind from when I built the tree, and I'm sure your work is giving you plenty of ideas. When the time comes we should combine our efforts. :)

A wise decision I think. Work on my part is frustratingly slow at the moment (commitment to coursework and exam preps at the moment) but it is progressing.

National Wonders:

HUZZAH! I like alot :D

Top Bottom