The Faeries

super fantastic! :goodjob:

Edit : after looking your reskins, I notice that there are still too many Golshan reskins. May I suggest a little change?

For recon line, you can use Succubus Reskin (without wings) [Scout] --> Courtesan [Hunter] --> Succubus (with small wings) [Ranger] --> Succubus (with full wings and more ornate armor) [Beastmaster]

Thus, you have Brigit models free. Use them as Sun and Moon Faeries (recolor them to match "Sun" and "Moon" theme). But since they are Assassin UU, use no shield.

For the Fetch, you might use Svartalfar Illusionist + Cape + Elf Hood. This would make her look a little bit similar to the Marks(wo)man but with more clothes. In your capable hands, the clothes will result in something shadowy, I believe.

Or, just use the Brigit model for Fetch, while remove the wings from the model for Sun and Moon faeries.

For melee line, you might want to look at Elohim recon line. Those are beautiful female models, work well for your faeries, up to Furie and Dryad, IMHO.

With these, the Golshan reskins are restricted to arcane line and Druid.

i like the recon suggestions you have esvath :) however i like the golshan as the melee line so i think ill leave those, particularly because of the sprite/pixie UUs which i think the golshan suit well. having a normal re skinned elohim warrior upgrade to a pixie or sprite seems strange, but the golshan warrior upgrading to those looks good (i think)

only problem with the succubus with small wings is that i dont know how to adjust different parts of the same unit mesh (ie the succubus wings are attached to the body) so i dunno how to shrink only the wings, let alone remove them (short of making the wings transparent with an alpha)

@TheChanger
if you have parts of a model that you do not like and can't get rid of them because they all belong to one mesh there is one very easy solution:
-alpha channel (i.e. make the texture of those parts transparent) :) ==> problem solved :)

edit:
i really have a problem with reading posts today. i did not see you already thought about this, my bad :(

@The Changer
i told sephi to wait with the merge until those issues are fixed. i guess you are having fun with the particle effects though, so if you have finished everything let me know, i will go through it again and if there are no issues i will tell sephi to go ahead and merge them. if i find stuff i let you know. otherwise: godspeed on those models :)

@TheChanger:
Actually I was proposing for you to change the entire melee line, including Sprite/Pixie :D if you like them there, so be it :lol:

Is it possible to give arcane Golshan a wand or something? Just make them different with melee ones.

About the succubus wings, alpha channel is a good solution, IMHO. I've done that many times and looked good :)

@The Changer
i told sephi to wait with the merge until those issues are fixed. i guess you are having fun with the particle effects though, so if you have finished everything let me know, i will go through it again and if there are no issues i will tell sephi to go ahead and merge them. if i find stuff i let you know. otherwise: godspeed on those models

cool thanks. ive got all the particle effects sorted, today ill do some (hopefully) quick changes to the recon line (like esvath suggested) and have it reuploaded tonight. i would have had them up last night but i was at a 21st bday and had wayyyy too much tequila wine an whisky lol :p

Is it possible to give arcane Golshan a wand or something? Just make them different with melee ones.

ill look into this as well :)

Ok, so i didnt change the recon line like i said i would, but i HAVE added some cool effects to a few units and i gave the melee line weapons to help differentiate them. i gave the mage and archmage staffs as well as better effects. theres a screenie of a few of the changes below (i know the adept is the same colour as the mage but that is actually fixed in the DL)

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 449
good work, although they look a bit funky the way the hold their weapons. does the attack animation with them look decent?

any news on the lords? (effect on their swords)

the attack looks pretty good, especailyl on the shorter clubs that the warriors and sprites have.

the sword effects are all fine and dandy :) and the huge shadow around the furies and dryads has gone :)

the new upload is at the same location as the old one HERE

ok i redownloaded the files and everything seem fine :)

i will tell sephi that he can merge them.

if you want you can work on optimization. for example nearly every model uses those glowing planes and for those you use a base texture and a glow texture. the issue is that you only use a very small part of this texture, which is 128*256. you could optimize this texture (i.e. just copy the parts you use into a smaller picture (for example 128*128 or even downscale it to 64*64) and make a new texture or you copy those parts into the empty spaces of other texture of those models (foe example the archer texture has some free space)

but this is really minor, i just wanted to let you know :)

cool :) ive already started my next project: the Frozen ;)

i think ill skip the optimization thing for now if its only really minor :p

@TheChanger
you still need to make the new buttons for those units:

- archer
- longbowman
- hunter
- ranger
- beastman
- drake / dragon / dragonrider (mounted line)
- marksman
- flurry
- adept, mage, archmage
- druid
- fetch

Changer,

thanks, man, really nice job. Well done. One thing: Yesterday I played a game with them an it seems that the fey-hunter is the same as the elven/ljosalfar one. Is this intended or did Sephi not merge it in his 3rd update for the 9.0 beta?

beta 3b does not contain the new feary files. they will be in the next update.

@TheChanger
you still need to make the new buttons for those units:

ok ill do those tomorrow some time. im flat out with work today.

Hi!

Since you already got new project, I took liberty to reskin your units. Nothing complicated, just attaching wings here, recolor there. I hope you like it :D

recon line :
--------------------------- fetch
scout -- hunter -- ranger -- beastmaster
----------------- moon -- sun

melee line :
---------- pixie --- furie
warrior -- --------------- --- druid
---------- sprite --- dryad

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0028.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0029.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 1,377
those look good :) i still prefer the golshan warrior/sprite/pixie/furie/dryad/druid but they look good nonetheless

(P.S. sorry i havent done any buttons yet, been very busy. ill do them this afternoon though :) )

Well, we have different taste. Too much Golshan is too confusing for me

yeh :) thats fine though. if everyone thought the same there would be no variety :) (i really like your recon line changes though :) i felt Brigit was too large for them)

Top Bottom