Extended Era Mod (EEM)

Formulapower

Warlord
This mods uses one game speed "Historic" to extrend the time spent in each period of history. Research times have been increased. However, the production of buidlings and units have been reduced. This should allow the player to wage full scale wars throughout each era in history and allow them to build most of the buildings for each time period.

---OTHER CHANGES---
***Unlimited XP from barbarians
***Gold from capturing city Increased
***Reduce cost to upgrade units
***Increased the number of barbarians from nearby camps to make barbaians
more of a threat
***Increased "Unforgiveable Threshold" and "Forgivness" for all Civs. This allows other civilizations to forgive for past negative events so that all Civs are not hostile to human player.
***Reduced the Techs that allow Wealth & Research to be produced by cities. So that the player and AI have other options than to keep recuirting units when all buildings available have been built early in the game.
***Wealth and Research are now set to 75% of city Production instead of 25% to make it more realistic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure to setup game in the "ADVANCED SETUP" screen for mod to properly load
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first mod I have ever released and I am open this for any questions or comments that might help improve it.

Thanks

I like the idea... i will try this. Is there any known compatibility issues?
Btw, at first i was unable to set game speed to "Historic"... after searching i discovered this topic.
You should point more out in mod browser this: Make sure to setup game in the "ADVANCED SETUP" screen for mod to properly load

Yeah that's a good idea. I'll add some color to it or something to get it to stand out more. The mod should not have an compatibility issues that I know of, but if anyone runs into anything please post so I can look at it.

Hmm, this conflicts with SOMETHING on my system. My "ADVANCED SETUP" screen is completely borked, all options are blanked, when this is enabled.

EDIT:
Tried disabling ALL my other mods, disabled EEM and re-enabled only EEM. Everything still blank! I got it to work once, but now I cannot get it to work at all.

if you click on the "blank" game pace box in the Advance Setup screen there should be a drop down for a "Historic" Speed. Select it and it should fill in all other fields and then you can adjust everything to your personal taste.

great mod! the production needs to be cut back a little though imo, still awesome mod though:goodjob:

I usually play a small map with 22 teams for all out war. With this mod, the game last for days!

Yeah a couple of the games I have played have I thought this too. However, if you combine it with the production mod. (I forget the actual name for it) but it boost the production of mines and lumbermills and some of the production buildings too it actually works out pretty well.

great mod! the production needs to be cut back a little though imo, still awesome mod though:goodjob:

I just released v2 of this mod. Most was only changes were for the Description Screen so it was easier to read and understand how to start. Only gameplay changes were a slight decreases in unit and building production times. Keep enjoying

As always give any feedback (comments...questions..suggestions) so I can make any improvments.

Finally! This is the mod I have been waiting for! I felt like I could never enjoy each era, and I couldn't enjoy dominating with my Roman legions for nearly long enough. I've scoured this site to try to find where I download it but don't see anything. Why isn't it located here in Civ5 modpacks?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=113

And the instructions for downloading mods from the site said that the uploaders files will be on their public profile. Why then don't I see it on FormulaPowers profile?

Never mind. I figured out how to download it in the game. I played it but it isn't exactly what I thought it was. Does anyone know of a mod where the only thing that is different is the science rate? Where it takes two or three times as long to make discoveries but everything else is left unchanged? This mod changes other things like having workers take 50 to 100 turns to improve a plot of land. Thanks

Yeah, I've hit about 1885 and have noticed that suddenly my workers are taking nearly 150 turns just to build a farm. The pace is way too slow on workers, makes it impossible to do ANY development if you didn't get it all done early.

Why does it take sooooooooo much turns for workers to build something? This isn't playable :(

lol what r u talking about i have had no problems with production time but i also play with Procylon's Call to Power

I have found the bug and have released (v.3) for this mod that fixes the long build time for improvments.

Those of us playing on Macs can install mods but don't have access to the ingame Mod Browser. Any way you can make this available on the abovementioned mod download page?

I would really like to use this, but do not have access to the in game browser. Could you please make it available for download?

Yea I'll see what I can do. I have never uploaded one on here. I'll figure it out and do it sometime this weekend or early next week.

This mod interests me a lot. Has anyone played the rev 3 of this mod extensively? Any feedback? Is Formulapower still active with it?

Thanks for making it available, Formulapower.

At any rate, I'll give it a go.

Top Bottom