Ingame Editor

using version 8 i am never able to change players (i.e. change from myself, Rome for example, to another, say Germany) without a crash to desktop. not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's related to other mods.

i'm using VEM plus some wonder mods. I wanted to ask before i quit this game to test.

Otherwise, v8 is very well done! Thanks!

using version 8 i am never able to change players (i.e. change from myself, Rome for example, to another, say Germany) without a crash to desktop. not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's related to other mods.

i'm using VEM plus some wonder mods. I wanted to ask before i quit this game to test.

Otherwise, v8 is very well done! Thanks!

same thing here it freezes when changing to another player in the game. I using:
EoA v46
CSD v26
have fun v2
Light touch v5
info addict v16
whohowards barbarians lv 6 and 2 units per title
and the VEM that has the marrketplace in the mod.
Cultural Diffusion
then alot of the recent wonder mods

thats the only freezing i have with the ingame editor... it slows down abit when going into it and getting out of it during the game but thats it.

@bwoww78 and Mars83
Regarding the crashes, I am unfortunately not surprised since the SetActivePlayer function is known to cause such problems on a few computers. The reasons are unclear but it definitely is a game bug and likely not related to the presence of other addons. The same thing happens with all addons that use this function (the HaveFun's "take seat" feature for example).

I am afraid that only Firaxis may help you, although it would be easier for them if you could identify what you have in common : did you edit the config.ini and others (multithreading options especially), what are your cpu, gpu and OS, is everything (game, drivers, os) up-to-date, do you have any unusual system setting, etc... ? So I suggest you give us informations here so that we can start collecting them. You should also try it without any other addon but I doubt it will change anything. Finally, the lua log is worth a look because Firaxis may have added an interesting error message but, again, it is unlikely.

On my side, at best, I could only offer a compatibility option : selecting another player would only have limited effects (fog not updated, etc) and some features would be disabled (some diplomatic settings, for example, would not be available for other players).

@gamed4d
Since no one else ever observed this bug, I guess it is either a mistake from you (adding a unit cleared the fog and it revealed a pre-existing worker) or bad interaction with another addon.

PS : Sorry for the long time before I replied, I didn't get the e-mail notice. By the way, the mod's development will resume in a couple of days.

Version 9 has been released.
Again, no new features, only bugfixes and alike.

Bugfixes:
* Notifications are properly refreshed when you open IGE.
* The selection is now correctly updated on the units panel.
* Promoting an existing unit more than once now works.
* Civilization-specific units and buildings are once again properly sorted and enabled/disabled based on the active player.
* A safe mode has been introduced for people experiencing crashes when selecting another player, right-click the *IGE* label. Unfortunately, a few features won't work as intended under this mode and there is nothing I can do about it.
* Should be compatible with mods declaring technologies that does not belong to any era: a "no era" category will be displayed.
* The cursor is now correctly updated when you hover the minimap, the notifications or the three buttons atop the IGE window.

Behaviour tweaks:
* The "reveal map" button (the one atop IGE, not the one on the players panel) is no longer a persisted option. It is off by default anytime you open IGE.
* Better debugging informations about inconsistent data for mod creators (make it a nice tool to spot spelling mistakes).

Known bugs
* A savegame corruption may occur if, while toying with natural wonders, you happen to create ocean tiles (instead of coasts) right next to land.
* Adding some natural wonders set up improper terrains which result in graphical glitches (ex: el doraro should be a land tile, not a mountain one).
* Some tooltips are not updated when you select another player (construction costs, bonuses provided by buildings on terrains and resources).
* The bugs I cannot fix, please refer to the list on the first post.

Thank you for your patience with the bugs on the previous version, everyone, I wish the v5-v8 versions were better.

Its not much of a bug but it is something though...
On certain resources the deer, fur, sheep, cattle, slik, banana, stone, marble, and etc. on that certain tile in the IGE it isn't light up on what improvement should go there.

Another question is if you decide to form a team with an AI can there be a way to disband a team?

Joey

@DibGoodVibes
I bet you weren't the only one to be glad about it. Even I ended up hating that behaviour. ;)

@Mars83
Thanks for spotting that bug! :)
And I will add a feature to expell a teammate, there is currently no way to do it.

PS : The v10 is progressing well.

@DibGoodVibes
I bet you weren't the only one to be glad about it. Even I ended up hating that behaviour. ;)

@Mars83
Thanks for spotting that bug! :)
And I will add a feature to expell a teammate, there is currently no way to do it.

PS : The v10 is progressing well.

Thanks for a great mod!
I too have experienced that bug with a worker being placed when I place other units. I don't know exactly what I do to trigger the bug though.

Also, I've only loaded the mod once where it looked pretty (and how it is supposed to look). 99% of the time, it looks rather weird, and I have to scroll inside the editor (it is still usable though). - I'll try taking a screenshot when I get home.

Once again, thanks for a great mod. It's great that you continue to improve upon it :)

@Overwind
I would very interested by that screenshot of yours and your screen resolution. :)
Now I admit I didn't test IGE on different resolutions since v4 so I may have done something wrong with the automatic layout.
However, please, first make sure you deleted the older versions of IGE and flushed the cache (see this post if you don't know how) before you start civ5.

@Mars83
Regarding the absence of bonuses from improvements on iron and such... Well, it's actually not a bug. The mine brings no additional bonus for iron (only the base +1:c5production:) contrary to coal for example (+2 :c5production total). It's because there is already a building for iron while there isn't any for coal. I added a special message for those resources that do not gain any bonus when improved.

Regarding the "leave team" feature, unfortunately it does not seem possible, I didn't find anything in the API that seems to suit the task. :(

@Overwind
I made tests on other resolutions and things are fine for me (only the tabs labels are slightly off and the window should be fixed by 10pixel). I guess it must be a bug because of an older version (they do cause bugs as soon as they're present among the mods even if disabled), a cache corruption or, unlikely, another addon.

Version 10 has been released.
With lovely trees inside.

Bugfixes and alike:
* Placing a natural wonder now properly updates the terrain, no more glitches.
* Placing a natural wonder now changes neighboring water tiles when necessary to avoid ocean tiles near land tiles, which caused savegame corruption.
* Tooltips for resources now display messages such as "No bonus from mine" if the corresponding improvement does not bring additional bonus for the resource. Example: the mine's bonus is always +1 :c5production: with or without iron. It's not true for coal.
* Tooltips for terrains, improvements and such now list all buildings, even those for other civilizations.
* Some minor layout fixes.

New features:
* Technologies panel ! [screenshot]
* Social policies panel ! [screenshot]

Known bugs:
* The bugs I cannot fix, please refer to the list on the first post.
* Two users reported that spawning units also spawn a worker. I bet on a conflict with another addon, though.
* The social policies panel has layout problems with mods using custom layout logic and UI for social policies. Spatz's Alpha Centauri for example: in IGE the last branch is usable but buggy. I would like to know if other mods cause problems so that I can think to the best solution.
* Same goes with the technology panel with some mods, like Community Call To Power (it uses multiple tech trees).
* A bug prevents IGE to work with NiGHTS, fix available here: IGE v10 fix for NiGHTS
* A bug prevents IGE to work with CCTP, fix available here: IGE v10 fix for CCTP

Hey love the mod! Its just what I wanted!

Only one question, when I load this mod with the CCTP mod, I see the IGE button, but when I click on it the menu doesn't open! At all!

I tried it by itself, and it works beautifully, so any ideas? Coz I'd love to play it with that mod :D

@Mars83
Regarding the absence of bonuses from improvements on iron and such... Well, it's actually not a bug. The mine brings no additional bonus for iron (only the base +1:c5production:) contrary to coal for example (+2 :c5production total). It's because there is already a building for iron while there isn't any for coal. I added a special message for those resources that do not gain any bonus when improved.

Regarding the "leave team" feature, unfortunately it does not seem possible, I didn't find anything in the API that seems to suit the task. :(

Well you tried thats all was asked if it was possible to disban a team during the game when can form a team during the game not before the game.

Anything on the mining i had no problems with. it was more on the plantation, pasture, oil wells, and camps. The mining ones popped up; sometimes the terrence farming, and trading post.

Thanks for trying on that suggestion.

Joey

@Mars83
It seems like I misunderstood you. Did you actually want something like "suggestions" ? For example, if the selected plot has "deers" you would like IGE to highlight the "camp" item ?

@Holyhell
Unfortunately, i couldn't download CCTP, mediafire failed miserably. On most of my browsers it couldn't even start, probably because of anti-crapware addons such as flashblock, adblock, etc. Only IE managed to start the download (after I found the button, hidden beneath twenty layers of crappy flashing, scrolling, blinking and bling-bling adds - I guess Internet without adblock is a deadly thing for people with epilespy) and told me it would take 6 minutes. 20 minutes later it was still at 0% with 6 minutes remaining.

So, if you want me to fix the problem, I need you to follow the steps detailled here in order to give me a lua log. Because I'm not going to try to download from mediafire again. ;)

Thank you holyhell :)

Here is a corrected version of IGE_Misc.lua, replace the existing file with this one (before you start the game) and it should work. The authors of CCTP did declare a culture yield for some resources, improvements or terrains in a non-standard way, hence the bug (they did not use the "culture" property as the vanilla game does).

Now, from what I saw of CCTP, it uses three technological trees. I fear it will look like a mess in IGE. I will have to set up a fall back presentation in the form of plain lists (looking like the units panel) when the tree logic does not make the job. I already did that for social policies, it will be included in the next version.

Attachments

• IGE_API_Misc.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom