Faerun

Just a small update. I've finished most of the Heroes content except the Paladin and Arch-Druid classes. I may add them before release if I can find an efficient way to include alignment-specific unit train limitations.

The only major change from the initial post is that Heroes now grow in strength with each new level. For example, upon reaching level 2 a Wizard gains one combat strength, 2 ranged combat strength, and one extra move.

Spoiler Heroes :

I've finished off all the content now, including a few small events, the Minor Civ racial units, and three new victory conditions (Religious, Magical, Expansionist).

I will probably post v.1 for download later today or early tomorrow. I expect there will be a few bugs to fix and lots of balancing to get the new G&K content into shape...

I just stopped playing a game with the old version 13. .... well it crashed but only when I was 5 turn from entering 'the age of upheavel'. Which was first time in a game spanning 2 days, the older versions would normaly crash once every hour or so.

Well I found some abnormalities that I want to tell you about.

1. Calimshan when declaring or declared war upon seems to have the logo of the Turmish in the pop-up(pop-down) icon with the 2 swords and the logos of the involved civ, in the right side of the screen.

2. I noticed that several city-states owned a settler, I can't figur out how they would come to posses those?

3. All the NW seem to cost 125 hammers, no matter how many cities you own, despite the wonders saying that the cost will go up for empires with many cities.

4. Many Temples who are suppose to give a culture bonus to specific resources, doesn't.

Well i know you are releasing a brand new versions within hours, and that many of these issues probably have been addressed.

Im looking forward to playing the new version.

1. Calimshan when declaring or declared war upon seems to have the logo of the Turmish in the pop-up(pop-down) icon with the 2 swords and the logos of the involved civ, in the right side of the screen.

2. I noticed that several city-states owned a settler, I can't figur out how they would come to posses those?

3. All the NW seem to cost 125 hammers, no matter how many cities you own, despite the wonders saying that the cost will go up for empires with many cities.

4. Many Temples who are suppose to give a culture bonus to specific resources, doesn't.

Thanks for taking time to report these issues!
1. I have seen this icon screw up in the base game, too. I'm not sure how the war event notification chooses its icons, but it clearly is not always accurate. At any rate I don't know how to fix this or even if it can be fixed.
2. I think this issue came up in the the random map, and I fixed that for the GK version. However, did you find this on the scenario map too? Were the settlers trained or spawned on first turn?
3. I haven't really thought about wonders or national wonders in a very long time. What I can say is that the next overhaul will include major changes to the tech tree and many new buildings. Hopefully this area gets some resolution then.
4. I know this is working correctly for the G&K version. Some resources will not grant their culture bonus until they are in your border AND developed with an improvement. Iron, for example.

Played a game with the new G&K version as Amn.

Tethyr declared war on me and after i clicked the "you will pay for this" button. It crashed, I reload the autosave and the same thing happened.

Next game as Thay crashed some 30 turns into the game, no obvious reason why.

Gonna try a Cormyr game now... I will report back when it crashes.

2. I think this issue came up in the the random map, and I fixed that for the GK version. However, did you find this on the scenario map too? Were the settlers trained or spawned on first turn?

No, I saw it some time into the game.

A few notes:

1. First game played Rashemen. I noticed that even after researching Horticulture, I could not create Farms, either on Wheat resource or not.

2. The Rashemen game was otherwise fine, got to about turn 200 with no crashes. Are Great Priests only useful for creating Holy Sites, by the way?

3. Second game played as the Drow. I love the Underdark. Made choosing city locations interesting. I noticed the Deep Gnomes and Kua-Toa but did not notice if the Duergar had a city-state?

4. The game crashed around turn 150. It was just after one of my Priests (the Drow UU) was killed by a barbarian. Not sure what triggered it.

Otherwise, it looked and played wonderfully! Thanx FA!

Tethyr declared war on me and after i clicked the "you will pay for this" button. It crashed, I reload the autosave and the same thing happened. Next game as Thay crashed some 30 turns into the game, no obvious reason why.
That diplo interface crash has me a little worried... I have not experienced this in any of my games. Also, I haven't changed any of the diplo code... perhaps this was just coincidental to another issue.

On the second crash, I think this may be related to how units teleport to the Underdark. I'm working on a fix for this today.

A few notes:

1. First game played Rashemen. I noticed that even after researching Horticulture, I could not create Farms, either on Wheat resource or not.

2. The Rashemen game was otherwise fine, got to about turn 200 with no crashes. Are Great Priests only useful for creating Holy Sites, by the way?

3. Second game played as the Drow. I love the Underdark. Made choosing city locations interesting. I noticed the Deep Gnomes and Kua-Toa but did not notice if the Duergar had a city-state?

4. The game crashed around turn 150. It was just after one of my Priests (the Drow UU) was killed by a barbarian. Not sure what triggered it.

Thanks for the reports here. First, there are no farms in the scenario. Villages are now both food and gold production centers. I may need to add more documentation for this. Yes, great priests can only build holy sites for now, but iirc they can be built adjacent to owned and capture surrounding one tile territory (like the old citadel). Duergar are not in the scenario (yet?); Mithral Hall is the dwarven presence in the Underdark. On the crash... not sure but I will test this.

2 minor issues.

1. 'Writing' allows open borders, but in G&K you need an embassy which first becomes available at 'Paper'.

2. Maybe make it so that villages cant be built in deserts, it seems kinda weird that the Calim desert is one big breadbasket with villages on every tile.

p.s. in my Cormyr game, Sembia DOW on me:( with no crash:)

Played a bit tonight. Game crashed on me at turn 85. No error message, just stalled out waiting for my turn. I tried playing the drow and imagining all the barbarians were grimlocks :D. The turns were somewhat long for the beginning of the game. Maybe it's just my slow computer. The surface transporters were usable. Doe's the AI use them as well? I chose Necromancy first off. Got the crypt and it bestowed food for my city and with an upgrade random zombies that I had to destroy due to the drain on my treasury. Maybe instead of a gold upkeep, a 'weave' upkeep could be used for zombies. (if that's doable). I enjoyed the intro music wish more Baldur's Gate, NWN music could be used exclusively instead of the standard CIV music. If I find any specific errors I'll post.

Played for nearly 200 rounds without any bigger problems.

Only thing was that my Rouge coudnt enter the underdark and the npcs didnt seem to use the transport realy often.

Realy great mod and nice changes. I just miss the farms so badly.. cant you perhaps make the trade post have a 2 sector minimum distance? So its not all totaly full of ugly trade posts :p

Anyway great mod, will post any more bugs i find and hope there will be a fix for the farms one day :)

Thanks for all the bug reports... much appreciated!

1. 'Writing' allows open borders, but in G&K you need an embassy which first becomes available at 'Paper'.

2. Maybe make it so that villages cant be built in deserts, it seems kinda weird that the Calim desert is one big breadbasket with villages on every tile.
The first is fixed; I had those reversed in the tech tree. I agree that the village spam is bizarre; I may remove them from deserts if this doesn't impact Calimshan too much.

Game crashed on me at turn 85. No error message, just stalled out waiting for my turn.
More than likely the crash was related to an AI unit moving to or from the Underdark. This is a very random occurrence, though I believe I have at least reduced the frequency in v.2. I played up to turn 250 twice with v.2 with no teleport bug.

The turns were somewhat long for the beginning of the game. Maybe it's just my slow computer.
Well, yeah, the scenario is huge. I may address this in future versions by offering an advanced set-up screen for users to reduce civs and map sizes. For now, it is what it is.

The surface transporters were usable. Doe's the AI use them as well? I chose Necromancy first off. Got the crypt and it bestowed food for my city and with an upgrade random zombies that I had to destroy due to the drain on my treasury. Maybe instead of a gold upkeep, a 'weave' upkeep could be used for zombies. (if that's doable).
Yes the AI uses portals but only randomly. They have no idea the portal is a link in a path to a destination. Mostly they are for human player's exploration. I think I can make a switch to turn off zombie spawning after meeting a threshold... say 5?

Played for nearly 200 rounds without any bigger problems.

Only thing was that my Rouge coudnt enter the underdark and the npcs didnt seem to use the transport realy often.

Realy great mod and nice changes. I just miss the farms so badly.. cant you perhaps make the trade post have a 2 sector minimum distance? So its not all totaly full of ugly trade posts :p

Heroes and hovering units (dragons, gnomish flying machines) cannot enter Underdark portals. This is partly for balance. Also, Heroes carry a lot of data with their unitID (their civ bonuses and their level bonuses), so teleporting them around causes havoc. Heroes also cannot cast Mislead or Escape.

I agree about the aesthetics of the villages over farms, but including them results in frequent and unavoidable crashes. With farms in game I would have to jettison all the new improvements and resources, so I opted for the village approach for now.

I'm getting a consistent crash; it happens every time and I can not continue the game.

I'm playing as Cormyr and have just eliminated Sembia at turn 115. When hitting next turn the game crashes to the desktop.

What information do you need from me to help track this down?

I'm getting a consistent crash; it happens every time and I can not continue the game.

I'm playing as Cormyr and have just eliminated Sembia at turn 115. When hitting next turn the game crashes to the desktop.

What information do you need from me to help track this down?

For now I cannot offer you much help, other than direct you to version 2. I believe this crash is related to AIs teleporting. I'll keep working towards a solution.

v2 solved it. I will test more after I get up, am sleepy.

I must have just missed the v2 release, I downloaded v1 on the 30th.

Consistant crash around T80 at V1; fixed at V2.
Now it crashes at around T160, When processing turn for player 18(I didn't found him at that time).was using City of Splendors.
p.s.killing a dark druid only gives me ~300gold and food. it's it right?
p.s.2.what's new in the underground world?

Consistant crash around T80 at V1; fixed at V2.
Now it crashes at around T160, When processing turn for player 18(I didn't found him at that time).was using City of Splendors.
p.s.killing a dark druid only gives me ~300gold and food. it's it right?
p.s.2.what's new in the underground world?

I think the v.2 crashes are related to completing events, not AI teleport, which I have fixed for upcoming version (v.3). For the quest you are talking about that sounds right. The "food" bonus is actually quite substantial, especially later in the game, because it completely fills all food boxes.

Note that while playing any mod its a good idea to turn autosave to every turn. Many times you can simply reload from a turn or two back and bypass a crash.

Hey FA, I posted a comment on your Civil War Scenario a few days back. I just didnt know if you received a notice. BTW, how do you send a private message?

Top Bottom