Extra Victory Conditions

No messages at all showed up on turn 11. So that fix appears to work for now.

Good to hear that whoward's suggestion appears to work. I'll implement this in my next update.

Completely unrelated to everything else here, but would you mind if this was in the Community Expansion Pack? Proper credit would be given, of course; I recall you saying something about this on the Community Expansion thread, but I just wanted to double check. :)

Feel free to use it. In fact, that discussion was somewhat of a catalyst to the creation of this mod: I had toyed with the idea of adding a religious victory and then when you started discussing both religious and economic victories I thought that would be a great idea for a stand-alone mod.

Omg... i knew damn well someone would tackle (successfully!) such new Victory condition(s) eventually.

Have a look at the multiple related threads in "Ideas & Suggestions" section.

Here's one example out of many more that started as City-States variations...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408254

Your Mod seems fun anyway! ;)

Your tricky Luxury items EVCIconBG45.dds default background file (White 44x44) simply showed up with some extra pixels around the Items.
So i made you three of them that fix this little graphic glitch.
1) Flat Black that is only underneath
2) Silver framed as what GK has
3) Gold as BNW

In the ZIP file below... just (rename the file _-By cutting the trailer ID-Tag-_ that you need to replace the default - first!) use any if you want to.

Attachments

• EVC_45Icons.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 148
Hey, I downloaded this mod on my Mac, and when I activate the Religious and Economic victory conditions, in the Victory Progress screen it says both victory conditions are disabled. Just to clarify, I also had Time Victory disabled.

Your tricky Luxury items EVCIconBG45.dds default background file (White 44x44) simply showed up with some extra pixels around the Items.
So i made you three of them that fix this little graphic glitch.
1) Flat Black that is only underneath
2) Silver framed as what GK has
3) Gold as BNW

In the ZIP file below... just (rename the file _-By cutting the trailer ID-Tag-_ that you need to replace the default - first!) use any if you want to.

I'll give this a look and see how it works with my mod. If I like it, I'll use it and give you proper credit.

EDIT: I like the gold frame, and will be using it henceforth (with proper credit given). Thanks.

Hey, I downloaded this mod on my Mac, and when I activate the Religious and Economic victory conditions, in the Victory Progress screen it says both victory conditions are disabled. Just to clarify, I also had Time Victory disabled.

Yeah, the Time Victory option is currently linked to the UI for the new victories. This was an oversight, a leftover from when I was trying (unsuccessfully) to get the new victories to be selectable/de-selectable, and it is something I will fix when I update the mod. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as I would've forgotten about this if you (and another person on the Steam thread) hadn't mentioned it.

The latest version of Extra Victory Conditions is not compatible with Really Advanced Setup as you are now editing the Advance Setup LUA file. I have tested and you just get stuck on the advance setup screen. It worked before but I guess this new version is to address the time disable bug?

Hi, I have noticed in two of my recent games that the Victory Progress counter for Religious Victory stops working when you delete the holy city status of a holy city with an inquisitor. Before using the inquisitor the Victory Progress showed me numbers of religion spread, followers and holy cities converted for each of the religions, but after I deleted the holy city status it looks like this when I check Victory Progress (screenshot in the spoiler):

Spoiler :

I really want this mod but ... Economic victory is too easy. Is it modular so I can change it?

Hi, I have noticed in two of my recent games that the Victory Progress counter for Religious Victory stops working when you delete the holy city status of a holy city with an inquisitor. Before using the inquisitor the Victory Progress showed me numbers of religion spread, followers and holy cities converted for each of the religions, but after I deleted the holy city status it looks like this when I check Victory Progress (screenshot in the spoiler):

My apologies for the late response, but I forgot to check this thread for a while... :blush: Anyway, if you happen to see this and still have that save file, try reinstalling/updating the mod to see if the bug fix I just implemented fixes the problem you mentioned here.

I really want this mod but ... Economic victory is too easy. Is it modular so I can change it?

The specific requirements for the victories are found in the lua files (one for each new victory type), so if you know how to edit lua files it would be quite easy to change (the variables you are interested are defined near the top of the file). If you've never edited lua files before, then you can just turn off the economic victory or ignore it (the likelihood of the AIs getting it is very slim).

I have a mod that lets me raze capitals. Does the Religious Victory still work if I raze a Holy City?

@seamus2010
Probably not, but I've never tested it since I've never played a game with capital razing enabled and the AI virtually always founds their religion in their capital. The actual code of this mod searches for the holy cities of all religions founded and compares that to the maximum allowable religions that can be founded, so if the capital razing mod transfers the holy city status to another city then this mod will still work and if not it won't.

The latest version of Extra Victory Conditions is not compatible with Really Advanced Setup as you are now editing the Advance Setup LUA file. I have tested and you just get stuck on the advance setup screen. It worked before but I guess this new version is to address the time disable bug?

I didn't see a response to this and I just recently downloaded your mod and it still happens. Will you be able to fix this problem? I always use Really advanced set up to fix the problems with resource/luxury distribution because I play on huge maps every game. Thanks for checking back in on things here.

Ingolenuru on Steam

Does the religious victory still work if I use an inquisitor to wipe the holy city's religion?

I believe so, since I think that the inquisitor simply removes the religious followers and does not delete the holy city status. I will check this (when I have the time) to make sure.

I didn't see a response to this and I just recently downloaded your mod and it still happens. Will you be able to fix this problem? I always use Really advanced set up to fix the problems with resource/luxury distribution because I play on huge maps every game. Thanks for checking back in on things here.

Ingolenuru on Steam

I will look into this problem when I have a bit more time. It should definitely be possible to make this compatible with really advanced setup, but the question will be whether it will be possible to do so while maintaining the ability to select victory conditions to be active.

Inquisitors do in fact wipe holy city status.

I did not realize this (rarely use inquisitors). I think there might be a way to fix the victory calculation to accommodate this without breaking it. Does anyone have a save from immediately after an inquisitor broke their religious victory that they could post, preferably one that only uses the Extra Victories mod (or at most 5 other mods)?

EDIT: Alright, I believe I've fixed this issued. Just tested it and removing a religion from a holy city did not cause any problems. Anyone who was having problems with inquisitors should redownload the mod and let me know if things are working for them now.

I have a suggestion for tweaking the economic victory, if you ever feel like working on this mod:

Instead of accumulating gold, have each civ on the map be economically dependent on you for ?-?% (scaled by # of civs) of their wealth (through trades routes and deals, your allied city-states count as you). I think this would add in interesting element to the game in avoiding trade with certain civs and trying to become economically independent. It would also force you to be accumulating lots of gold as well to avoid the embargo by paying off city-states. Maybe outgoing trade-routes could be tweaked to give the partner more gold.

I have a suggestion for tweaking the economic victory, if you ever feel like working on this mod:

Instead of accumulating gold, have each civ on the map be economically dependent on you for ?-?% (scaled by # of civs) of their wealth (through trades routes and deals, your allied city-states count as you). I think this would add in interesting element to the game in avoiding trade with certain civs and trying to become economically independent. It would also force you to be accumulating lots of gold as well to avoid the embargo by paying off city-states. Maybe outgoing trade-routes could be tweaked to give the partner more gold.

That's an interesting idea, although I think it may be too complex to implement without modding the dll. While the idea of the struggle between mercantilist and free-trade factions is interesting, I don't think I'd want to reward the player for not trading with other civs. But making the economic victory have more give and take between players, rather than being primarily a race to the top, is intriguing and I may look into implementing something similar if I decide to update this mod. Perhaps making the minimum gold accumulation requirements increase based on gold acquired by other civs could be the way to go (although this might be imbalanced or even impossible on higher difficulty levels), or maybe requiring the player secure open borders agreements with most nations (the closest thing in the game to a generic trade agreement).

Top Bottom