Sukritact's Events and Decisions

You only really need to reference mods when you're updating the database (adding things with SQL or XML), but seeing as this mod is written entirely in Lua, it's not necessary.

Just discovered your mod, and wow great idea, this is awesome.:goodjob:

Soon I hope, I just got back from Spain. I'll try and finish up the remaining decisions soon.
Also, watching the latest Civ:BE livestream and their quest events... makes me think there's a lot of interesting conceptual overlap (though I have no doubt they were a bit inspired by the Paradox games as well! ;) ). I'm more excited for random decisions than the ones you get through the panel!

On another note, in case you have overlooked it, is there a way to make an icon header for the pop-ups? It'd look a lot slicker if the pop-ups had a Civ-style icon on top (similar to, for example, the city states or when a great person is born).

It'd be nice if there was an icon so you'd immediately knew "oh, a random event".

I know that the beta was meant for modding purposes, but I played a half-serious game with it. It's pretty fun. I had a situation where I was rapidly expanding, and needed just a little gold to buy a luxury tile before an opponent got it. I initiated a tax reform to buy it, and while it's more expensive to do this in the long run, it was a great pay-day loan. Good system. Really fun.

I'm looking forward to implementing it in some of my personal mods that I've been working on.

So, let me ask this - for Switzerland, I'm thinking of making a decision which will cancel all their DoFs and Defensive Pacts and permanently render Switzerland unable to make new ones or declare war (with some pretty good effects to balance it out) - basically, a decision with a permanent effect. Is that possible? I'm assuming it is...

Secondly, are you aware of any functions that can cancel DPs and DoFs? And prevent them from being made? I know GameEvents.CanDeclareWar can be used to prevent declaring war...

Thirdly, say I was really itching for a Defensive Pact and was willing to throw my empire into a rebellion for a few turns to Un-Declare Neutrality. Can you make a decision that can override another decision?

And lastly, what would happen if a teammate declared war after you declaring Neutrality? Or promising someone that you'll declare war in 10 turns and then in those 10 turns of waiting you declare Neutrality? Would the AI be more hesitant to ask for help in war knowing that you cannot declare war?

A lot of questions, I know, sorry, I'm just a bit stuck here. :blush:

No idea as to the non decision specific questions. the only one I can really answer is this:

Can you make a decision that can override another decision?

Yes, Egypt's "Empower the Pharaoh/Nomarchs" pair does exactly this; enacting one unenacts the other.

Someone didn't read the new rules...

Anyway, many of the civ-specific decisions still need balancing - both for the human and for the AI. This is a way to get modders prepared for a full release, so that no one is prevented from testing out the final mod with their favourite civs. I mean, probably :p

I was testing the beta of the mod while playing as JFD's Norway while Cuba was enabled, and I was able to gain a revolutionary from the "Request the Services of a Great Person" Decision. Is this intentional or a bug?

Top Bottom