Thing I learned about the world thru Civ4

73) A fort can act as a Plantage/Airport/Canal/Mine/Farm/Pasture. Sometimes several of those at the same time.

I wonder why there is so little air traffic around old fort ruins? Strange but there must be an explanation.

74. The Aztecs and Maya strangely needed the knowledge of Bronze and Iron working to make Holakans and Jaguar Warriors, yet no metal is needed to make them.

75. Likewise, Camel Archers require the knowledge of how to ride horses, yet do not require the horse resource, or a special tech called "camel riding".

76. Gunpowder requires no saltpeter.

77. People couldn't hunt whales on ships until they could grind lenses.

78. You think it took minutes for Lincoln to look up after greeting you.

79) Navy SEALs are always visible to the enemy and always fight like infantry. They do not know how to parachute out of airplanes.

Damn... I'd forgotten this particular aspect of the lens grinding business. They just get more and more sinister. Is it any wonder that Renee Descartes was a lens grinder? The whole thing stinks, and we need an investigation into the actions of these grinding people.

81: Paratroopers were invented by Mussolini.
82: Mount Rushmore was a Fascist project.
83: Paratroopers just jump in the air and then use their parachutes, planes are unnecessary.
84: the Kremlin is proof that the Russians were Commies and in the Industrial age. in 1100 AD.

86. People and their horses/vehicles/boats/planes/weapons/siege paraphanelia are effing HUMONGOUS, like Godzilla status

86. Oil was discovered centuries before people knew how to drill for it.

87. Plastic is strangely needed to construct huge concrete projects like the Three Gorges Dam and offshore oil rigs.

86. Oil was discovered centuries before people knew how to drill for it.

It was actually, hehe. Greeks, Babylonians, et al., used crude oil in "Greek fire", flame throwers, naptha grenades, and similar weaponry. Which actually means oil should be visible in ancient times, usable as +1 XP for archery, siege, and naval units (simulating the naptha/Greek Fire effect), and then only pumpable for modern consumption after Combustion.

91. Spears can also stop tanks.

92. The Olympics always make all other countries like the host country a little bit more.

93. Commodore Perry obviously couldn't have sailed in to Tokyo Bay, as Tokugawa never signs open borders with anyone.

94. If you nuke a city, the whole city isn't destroyed. Some of the people are killed, and by some miracle, the people still alive feel nothing at all.

95. People get angry if they don't have a coliseum.

96. Civilizations with small cities always have better life expectancy than civs with large ones. In other words, the civs with the worst life expectancy grow the largest somehow.

97. Trade happens instantly as soon as you discover a route to a trading partner. No need for actual travel or exchange of goods, you instantly collect money.

99. Strangely, you can't even think about building a spaceship to Alpha Centauri until you have put a man on the moon.

100. Catherine the Great slapped everyone who annoyed her.

101. Likewise Gilgamesh got uncomfortably close in peoples faces when he got angry.

102. Julius Caesar offered salad to anyone he met for the first time, and Sitting Bull did the same with a peace pipe.

@ number 101:
103: The Sumerians had video cameras, they just didn't know how to use them, resulting in them having to replace one every so often.
104: Leaders:
- can teleport
- are omnipresent
- everyone in every country is already the leader
- is omnipotent
105: people don't need food to survive. So why they have problems in Africa is beyond me.

@ 105

106. Yes, but then why do you build farms???

107. Every time the Aztecs see the Americans, Monty declares war EVERY FREAKIN TIME!!!

108. "You can get more with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word"(or something like that) ;)

Top Bottom