Military Advisor

MA updated in SVN. Take a look. I did the following:
  • made the WE icon smaller
  • split the WE heading onto two rows
  • changed 'will declare' to 'optional'
  • changed '*' to '(est)' when threat index is estimated due to not enough spy points
  • made the screen wider on wider screens (if you know what I mean - mind you, deployment is now scrunched to the left :D)
  • probably some other stuff but I cannot remember

Edit: woohoo ... 4000th post!

I like that change the most:

probably some other stuff but I cannot remember

:rotfl: :lol:

ahh yes. I chopped off 30 or 40 pixals from each side (or half from each side - not sure which). I'll remove the reduction part of the code if you are running a 1024 wide screen.

BUG Military Adviser

The BUG mod has developed an enhanced Military Adviser. We have expanded the display of units by adding more sort features. We have also added another tab (Sit-Rep, sort for Situation Report) that details various military information about the other players). The following pages document these two tabs.

We have also expanded the adviser to take advantage of wide screens.

BUG Military Advisor: Sit-Rep tab

The Sit-Rep tab (short for Situation Report) contains military based information on the other players. The following is an example (note: large version of graphic is attached to this post):

The columns (left to right) are:
  • Icon of the particular player
  • WHEOOH ("We have enough on our hands") indicator. This information is displayed when you hover over the 'declare on X' option in the diplomatic screen for a particular player. It means that the player is currently in a war or is at peace but planning for war in the future.
  • A small icon of the players worst enemy. This information is new to patch 3.17. If the player has no 'worse enemy', a null icon is displayed (Khan above).
  • The Threat Index (see below)
  • Two columns of strategic advantage information, ours v the player and the player v us (see below)
  • Wars: currently active wars and wars that the player is happy to be bribed into.
  • Two other columns not displayed because they are situational: Vassals and defensive pacts. These two columns are only displayed if a player has a vassal or defensive pact.

Threat Index
The threat index is a crude, 5 level indicator that ranges from Low (lowest) to Severe (highest). An index (0 to 100) underlies the setting of the level.

Index < 15, Level = Low
Index >= 15 and Index < 35, Level = Guarded
Index >= 35 and Index < 55, Level = Elevated
Index >= 55 and Index < 75, Level = High
Index >= 75, Level = Severe

The Index is made up of two major components with some adjustments. The major components are:
  • Relationship
  • Power

Relationship
The relationship component is based on the pluses and minuses from the AI attitude and is capped at -15 and +15. There are 38 points which are allocated to this component with +15 attitude corresponding to 0 points and -15 attitude corresponding to 38 points (linear between -15 to -15).

Power
The power component is based on the power ratio (power from the demographic charts) of our power divided by the AI power. It is capped at 0.5 and 1.5. There are 38 points are allocated to this component with 1.5 power ratio corresponding to 0 points and 0.5 power corresponding to 38 points (linear between 1.5 to 0.5).

If their power is not know (ie not enough espionage points), then then this component is estimated at 38 * 0.75 and "(est)" is added to the Level.

Adjustments
  • If the AI is in WHEOOHs mode and not at war (ie planning for war), then the Index is multiplied by 1.3.
  • If you have a defensive pact with the AI, then the Index is multiplied by 0.2.

Strategic Advantage
The strategic Advantage information is primarily non-domestic unit based (workers, settlers, missionaries, corporate execs, spies, etc are excluded). The information required is tech and resource knowledge. If you don't have this information, then the cancel icon is displayed. Unique Units are a strategic advantage and are not canceled by the regular unit (see Sitting Bull above). Any unit that you can build (tech and required resource) that the AI cannot (including any possible upgrade) is a strategic advantage to you. The same applies to the AI.

For example: If you can build knights and the AI can build horse archers, you have a strategic advantage (Knight) and the AI doesn't (your knight cancels out the horse archer even though you cannot build it as the horse archer upgrades to a knight).

Attachments

• BUG-MA-SitRep0027 Large.JPG
    BUG-MA-SitRep0027 Large.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 173
excellent work!

One question: any chance that you may add rollover info to the strategic advantage icons?

Any chance that you may add rollover info to the strategic advantage icons?

I'll check the code. This should be possible since it works for techs in the Foreign Advisor's tech trading tab. Same for hovering over each leaderhead.

Are you planning to publish the Military Advisor as a separate ModComp out of the BUG mod?

He did a separate release originally. I have been working on enhancements to the Deployment tab, but unfortunately I have been derailed by PLE work and getting ready for the 3.0 release. He may have been waiting for my slowpoke ass to finish. :cry:

This is everything you want included in the Docs Ruff? The screenshot won't go in this release, because I play to make screenshots for all items at one time, and don't want to have MA with a screenshot, and nothing else.

He did a separate release originally. I have been working on enhancements to the Deployment tab, but unfortunately I have been derailed by PLE work and getting ready for the 3.0 release. He may have been waiting for my slowpoke ass to finish. :cry:

I did try to merge that one. I works fine the first couple of turns but after a while the sit-rep only displays one leader. Could be that I didn't merge it correctly or that the mod is causing the problem.
I'll just wait for the new version and try again.

Thanks in advance. :)

I did try to merge that one. I works fine the first couple of turns but after a while the sit-rep only displays one leader. Could be that I didn't merge it correctly or that the mod is causing the problem.
I'll just wait for the new version and try again.

Thanks in advance. :)

If you only like MA, you can also install BUG (it's not big) and disable all the other BUG features from the option screen.

This is everything you want included in the Docs Ruff? The screenshot won't go in this release, because I play to make screenshots for all items at one time, and don't want to have MA with a screenshot, and nothing else.
It is everything that I was planing to write up for the sit-rep. Going to leave deployment to EF. Ok, re screenie.

It depends on what you're merging it with. I assume you've got another mod you like a lot. The trouble comes when both mods modify the same files. XML files can be merged fairly painlessly, but Python files take coding knowledge.

If you give me some more info, maybe I can let you know how much work it would be.

If you give me some more info, maybe I can let you know how much work it would be.

That's much appreciated.

The mod I play most is based on History in the Making from Grave. I added some Python/XML-components as well as quite a lot of artwork from our forum-artists. It has BUG in it already. This mod is at 3.13 and I hope it's gonna be updated to 3.17 someday.

I knew that was an outstanding issue. Will d/l and take a look

Top Bottom